Katy (Perry) Hudson

Christian?

Here's the place for discussing music, plays, YouTube videos, and any other media that doesn't quite fit in the other sections of Harlequin Theatre.
Candy
CIA is my friend
CIA is my friend

Katy (Perry) Hudson

Post by Candy »

Did you know that Katy Perry used to be Katy Hudson and that she used to sing Christian music?? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFvXOChy ... xt_from=ML O_O yeah.... I just found that out......
Last edited by Candy on Sat May 22, 2010 10:20 am, edited 3 times in total.
I'd rather live as if there were a God, and found out there isn't, then to live as if there weren't a God, and find out there is.
Image Image
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

Yeah... She kind of ditched that scene after she realized she wasn't becoming popular. :-
xiao
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by xiao »

hahaha lolz
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

That was before she kissed a girl, apparently. :roll:
Elrohir
I'm memorable

Post by Elrohir »

You know, I've noticed that kids who are raised extremely sheltered and allowed to only listen to Christian music and stuff like that, like Katy Hudson, are more likely to go the opposite direction when they come of age. Of course, she hasn't completely rejected Christianity, she's just not exactly conservative anymore because she never had a strong foundation to call her own. Word to the wise: when you have kids of your own, don't be overly strict and legalistic.
Last edited by Elrohir on Sun May 23, 2010 12:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Elrohir wrote:You know, I've noticed that kids who are raised extremely sheltered and allowed to only listen to Christian music and stuff like that, like Katy Hudson, are more likely to go the opposite direction when they come of age. Of course, she hasn't completely rejected Christianity, she's just not exactly conservative anymore because she never had a strong foundation to call her own. Word to the wise: when you have kids of your own, don't be overly strict and legalistic.
True that; they can't live off your own faith.

*shrugs* She and God know her heart.
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel

Post by Amethystic »

Being overly protective is one thing; teaching your kids to have good taste is another. You're not doing any favors by letting your kids listen to Katy Perry--as the motto says, garbage in, garbage out.

Even if she does still consider herself a Christian (in which case she has a whole lot of audacity), remember this verse: "From the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks." :-
Elrohir
I'm memorable

Post by Elrohir »

Amethystic wrote:Being overly protective is one thing; teaching your kids to have good taste is another. You're not doing any favors by letting your kids listen to Katy Perry--as the motto says, garbage in, garbage out.

Even if she does still consider herself a Christian (in which case she has a whole lot of audacity), remember this verse: "From the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks." :-
Well, I don't think anyone here said you should listen to Katy Perry. What we were talking about is why she became that way when she was raised in a very conservative evangelical home where she was only allowed to listen to Christian music.
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel

Post by Amethystic »

I know, I'm just saying.
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

Chandler wrote:That was before she kissed a girl, apparently. :roll:
Exactly my thoughts when I saw this topic.

My mom was really strict and conservative and I've turned out fine... :)
Arwen
No way I broke the window

Post by Arwen »

I'd be careful about adding "and allowed to only listen to Christian music" to the list. Yeah, if you raise your kids in an environment where their every decision is made for them and they're completely controlled by you...they're probably going to wake up and rebel. If, however, they're only allowed to listen to certain music or watch certain TV shows, that is highly unlikely to cause them to go off the deep end.

We could start a whole discussion about raising kids, but here is not the place. ;)
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof; is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
-Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

That sounds like some of the kids at my school--quite a few with overprotective parents. I tell them what my parents are like (they're the kind that let me wear makeup in sixth grade, the only condition being that I knew how to apply it first) and they look at me like, "You lucky child!" There's one parent I know who barely condones her daughter being friends with boys, never mind--perish the thought!--her actually liking one.

But on the subject of Katy Perry...it's like Miley Cyrus all grown up. There are some eerily similar facts about Miley and Katy--both were, apparently, raised in Christian homes, they call themselves Christian, they sang songs of innocence...until they got older and they discovered black leather.
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

TigerintheShadows wrote:But on the subject of Katy Perry...it's like Miley Cyrus all grown up. There are some eerily similar facts about Miley and Katy--both were, apparently, raised in Christian homes, they call themselves Christian, they sang songs of innocence...until they got older and they discovered black leather.
This is truth.
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Jeremy
Smile for the camera

Post by Jeremy »

Did anyone see recently where Katy Perry criticized Lady Gaga's new video for "using blasphemy as entertainment"?

Jeremy
TigerintheShadows

Where can you see this, Jeremy?
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Jeremy
Smile for the camera

Post by Jeremy »

Oh, I just read it in a news article somewhere online.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Google it, guys. ;) I found plenty of links on it.
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
TigerintheShadows

Google never fails.

Stupid Ll key!
AIO tumblr sideblog
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

haha ya... way more controversy then there needed to be. :roll: she never even mentioned Lady gaga by name or anything.

oh, and, don't watch the gaga video. it's... beyond disturbing... more like disgusting. :(
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
TigerintheShadows

Lady Gaga? Disturbing and disgusting? Surely you jest!
AIO tumblr sideblog