Is Mario in a decline?

This is a place where gamers can come and tell of their favorite games, discuss current games, head up gaming contests, and join in on online games that others are playing. It's a place run by gamers and enjoyed by all types of gamers alike.
Young&Mighty
Pilgrim

Is Mario in a decline?

Post by Young&Mighty »

I'm a die-hard fan of Mario and co. of Nintendo, but I'm just concerned at the lack of creativity from Nintendo to make better Mario games (besides Super Mario Galaxy, which was awesome).

Has anyone noticed that besides Super Mario Galaxy, most of their games are simply dull and boring (think Super Mario Sluggers and Strikers Charged, which are simply Wii versions of the original GC version)? :cry: :cry: If anyone does, voice out your concerns here.
"Adventure is Out There"

~Charles Muntz from "Up"
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Mario is outdated. :( With the new generation of gaming rapidly changing and advancing, Nintendo does it's best to update and change the Mario franchise to match what gamers want nowadays, and in the process they lose the classicness of Mario.

That's my opinion, anyways.
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

New Super Mario Bros. Wii and Super Mario Galaxy are both great, and really, those are the only true Mario games on the Wii.

All the stupid sports and party games aren't even made by Nintendo and really don't count. The core Mario action/platformers are still great--that's what Mario "is" and everything else is just stuff they plaster him on to make more sales.

And the Kart games and DS RPGs are pretty awesome even though they AREN'T part of the action/platformers. ;)

I preferred the old days when Mario was at least MOSTLY just in games he was supposed to be in... although even back then he was randomly in Pinball and stuff.