Odyssey Online Pet Peeves

I have some...you?

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Bob Booth
OK

Odyssey Online Pet Peeves

Post by Bob Booth »

So I was looking around for where to post something of this sort and I couldn't find anything so I'll start my own thread.

First of all, what do I mean by Odyssey Online Pet Peeves? Well, I'm not sure if that title really describes it, but basically what I'm referring to is common assumptions, rumors, myths, complaints, or just things that a large number of online fans say about AIO that are, in actuality, false or misguided. I say pet peeves because....well it's a pet peeve of mine when people believe these false rumors. :)

So if you know of any myths (or common assumptions, rumors, complaints, or just things that a large number of online fans say about AIO that are, in actuality, false or misguided) that, when mentioned, just get under your skin (metaphorically speaking) post them here and dispel them once and for all. (at least for everyone who reads this thread) :)

I'll start with two of mine, although I have many more . . . I just can't remember them all right now :) :

1. "Red is the owner of the Harlequin"
- I will refer to something I posted in another thread... if I can find it....ah here it is:
Let me quote that infamous video podcast that has started so many weird rumors:
Paul McCusker wrote: We have a character named Red who we meet through the Parker Family. Red Hollard. Very quirky very funny. And we didn't realize just how quirky and funny until we heard the actor doing the lines and then we thought, "oh, now we've got a lot of potential for him." More than we thought originally.

It's the same thing, we're developing a grandmother character.....
He says nothing about Red being a theater director. He goes on to talk about the Parker's grandma and then he says:
Paul McCusker wrote: And then were also creating new characters as we write. Just today I was talking to one of the writers about a theater director who's running the local theater now, since Blackgaard is sort of retired in a way. And how is that character going to be different from Blackgaard. We don't want to just do another version of that. This character has to be very real.

So yeah. There is going to be a theater director but he is definitely not Red.

2. "They have not played John Campbell's AIO theme yet!!!"

-I've seen a lot of people grumble about this one. The problem: everyone expects to hear the theme in the old format. A short teaser, a surprise line, aio theme, the show. Unfortunately, AIO has changed their format to allow us to hear a lot more of the episode right at the beginning, essentially getting rid of the opening theme music. This does not mean, however, that they are getting rid of the theme. The theme is now only played at the end of the show during Chris's wrap-up. Listen all the way to the end if you want to hear the whole theme!

So I have more (Mwahahaha!) but I'll spare you for now and let you all get a chance to voice your pet peeve rumors and/or myths! Have at it . . . without getting too violent, now. :)
Last edited by Bob Booth on Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

Also they play the theme at the start on the cds. :)

My Pet Peeve - how much everyone around here complains whenever AIO makes a change (art, new characters, etc) and how most people seem to expect every new family to be the Barclay replacement. They aren't. Every family is different, both in real life and in AIO and it isn't fair for us to expect them to be the same, or for us to complain about them being the same old same old when they are totally different. The last Pet Peeve I have for the moment is when people complain about how boring a slice of life episode is - duh. It's not supposed to be filled with action and adventure. That is what makes it slice of life. :)

I have more but I'll save them for later. :)
A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man would have to seek Him to find her.

JF, JesusFreak777, and JF777 are all copyrighted by this user. Any violators will be fined and prosecuted. Thank you.
No way I broke the window

Post by 31899 »

I'm Sorry if I offended anyones pet peeves.

I really don't like it when they recycle episodes or families so I'm glad that all the families have been different.

Jacob Isom
I'm not Gabe

Post by Jacob Isom »

Probably one of my biggest pet peeves is when I hear someone ask a question that was answered on the show years ago. For example, "When are Eugene and Katrina going to get married?" when they are, in fact, married. But I guess that really can't be helped because a lot of people aren't up with the series completely. I suppose that's what makes it fun to listen to.
"Providing the Scoop on Adventures in Odyssey, one cone at a time."
http://www.odysseyscoop.com | Personal Site: http://www.jacobisom.org
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1
It’s my birthday

Post by Marvin D. »

Jacob Isom wrote:Probably one of my biggest pet peeves is when I hear someone ask a question that was answered on the show years ago. For example, "When are Eugene and Katrina going to get married?" when they are, in fact, married. But I guess that really can't be helped because a lot of people aren't up with the series completely. I suppose that's what makes it fun to listen to.
True....sometimes I think of them as not married then... \:D/ Even though they WERE married, I like their marriage in "For Better or For Worse" much better. :yes:
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Joanne
Happy Flower
Happy Flower

Post by Joanne »

One that I have notices lately is when people say...
It was a lot like this episode, or it was a remake of that episode
What does it matter? There are only so many topics, and sometimes they might have similar stories in two different AIO episodes. That is my pet peeve. :)
~*~StrongNChrist, November 22, 1991- March, 25th, 2011~*~