Twilight or Harry Potter

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")

Which one do you like better Twilight or Harry Potter?

Twilight
8%
Harry Potter
39%
Neither
3%
I hate them both!!!
11%
Never read them
3%
Never read them but still hate them both!!!!
35%

Total votes: 62

TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

Wow. Just how old is this thread? And it's still popular?
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
UNCLEBITTLES
I AM A BEAST!
I AM A BEAST!

Post by UNCLEBITTLES »

i know right
Wow
so doge
much voting
such election
wow.
Cbriggs45
Pilgrim

Post by Cbriggs45 »

TigerintheShadows wrote:
The Top Crusader wrote:They should combine them both in a huge crossover.
The war between HP and Twilight!

Harry vs Bella

Ginny vs Edward

Hermione vs Rosalie

Ron vs Emmett

Molly vs Esme

Arthur vs Carlisle

And so on...(I think we all know who would win, hands down, but I figured I might as well mention it...)
who does alice and jacob face ? i mean the are major players in the books.. (i never read or saw hp so if there are more for them to face then fine but based on my knowledge you are leaving two powerful characters to freelance)
you can learn a lot from job 38-42, being humble isn't the easiest but its worth it.
Eugene Meltsner Fan
Gold Member

Post by Eugene Meltsner Fan »

Being a christian I avoid Harry Potter for its witch craft. I hate vampires in general. I do not get vampires at all. Oh look I suck blood and I sparkle. Uhh... no offense to anyone. Just sayin. There can be a huge debate with Harry Potter. I already know that. Not up for another debate though!
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

BUT SPARKLING'S SO MANLY!!!!!! :inlove:

*cough* Nevermind.... ;)
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
TigerintheShadows

I once made a mockery-comic where Harry and Edward are about to face off, but Harry opens a window, shows Edward a mirror (even if he can't see himself, I'm pretty sure he can see his pretty-boy sparkles :roll:), and Edward is blinded by his own sparkles.

I'm surprised--though I can honestly say I'm very pleased--at the fact that no one has outright stated that Harry Potter is just J.K. Rowling's way of "TEACHING OUR CHILDREN MAGIC AND PROMOTING THE OCCULT" or whatever it is. I always thought those people took it much more seriously than us fans of the books ever did. However, no one has said anything of the sort, which means I have nothing to say except a kudos for handling it so maturely. -sigh- You people never let me have any fun! :x
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Eugene Meltsner Fan
Gold Member

Post by Eugene Meltsner Fan »

People can believe what they want about HP or Twilight. I just stay away from anything that deals with the occult.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

TigerintheShadows wrote:I once made a mockery-comic where Harry and Edward are about to face off, but Harry opens a window, shows Edward a mirror (even if he can't see himself, I'm pretty sure he can see his pretty-boy sparkles :roll:), and Edward is blinded by his own sparkles.

I'm surprised--though I can honestly say I'm very pleased--at the fact that no one has outright stated that Harry Potter is just J.K. Rowling's way of "TEACHING OUR CHILDREN MAGIC AND PROMOTING THE OCCULT" or whatever it is. I always thought those people took it much more seriously than us fans of the books ever did. However, no one has said anything of the sort, which means I have nothing to say except a kudos for handling it so maturely. -sigh- You people never let me have any fun! :x
That's because the only ones on the ToO who have read it are the ones who like it.(at least... I think so.) I won't really get into debating it cause I won't know what I'm talking about. =P Also, I personally will never read them because of the demonic sensation I get whenever exposed to them. So for me, I'll pass, thanks. ;)

But you should dig out the underlying tones and argue with people about them. \:D/ If you're going to debate, debate I say! :x
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Sherlock
Solicitor Non Grata

Post by Sherlock »

Termite wrote:BUT SPARKLING'S SO MANLY!!!!!! :inlove:

*cough* Nevermind.... ;)

"All that glisters is not gold;

Often have you heard that told.

Many a man his life hath sold

But my outside to behold.

Gilded tombs do worms enfold."

;)
Anemone
Horse Crazy 14
Horse Crazy 14

Post by Anemone »

they both are LAME. I have never read the books, or seen the movies and I don't want to.
ImageWeird is just a side effect of being awesome.Image
Song under my sig is 'Green Rain' by SHINee
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

I hate them. Star Wars all the way!!!
he/him | a little stinker.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Sherlock wrote:

*cough* Nevermind.... ;)

;)
O.o Did you just randomly adapt Tolkien's poem, or was that an 'official' re-write?
Love you always, SnC
Sherlock
Solicitor Non Grata

Post by Sherlock »

Termite wrote:
Sherlock wrote:

*cough* Nevermind.... ;)

;)
O.o Did you just randomly adapt Tolkien's poem, or was that an 'official' re-write?
It's taken from the Merchant of Venice when the prince is trying to figure out the puzzle with the boxes to win the fair Portia's hand. \:D/
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Sherlock wrote:
Termite wrote:
Sherlock wrote:

*cough* Nevermind.... ;)

;)
It's taken from the Merchant of Venice when the prince is trying to figure out the puzzle with the boxes to win the fair Portia's hand. \:D/
Oh... right.... I HAVE read that. :- (well, not the actual play, but I'm getting to that... Hehe... ) *cough*
Love you always, SnC
TigerintheShadows

Cbriggs45 wrote:who does alice and jacob face ?
Neville Longbottom and Luna Lovegood. \:D/
AIO tumblr sideblog
Steehl
Not Implemented

Post by Steehl »

I HATE TWILIGHT!!! Harry Potter is alright though. :)
Go Celtics \:D/!
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Eugene Meltsner Fan wrote:Being a christian I avoid Harry Potter for its witch craft.
boy, that's fun... you get to be a completely ignorant Christan that avoids things they don't know anything about. :|

You can't do much good for the kingdom if you stay in a bubble. That goes for lots of things in life. I'm not telling you you should read HP, but you should consider opening your mind up a bit as you get older.
Karen Krosby wrote:they both are LAME. I have never read the books, or seen the movies and I don't want to.
You're LAME. I've never met you, and I don't want to.

;)
seriously?
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Jelly wrote:
Eugene Meltsner Fan wrote:Being a christian I avoid Harry Potter for its witch craft.
boy, that's fun... you get to be a completely ignorant Christan that avoids things they don't know anything about. :|

You can't do much good for the kingdom if you stay in a bubble. That goes for lots of things in life. I'm not telling you you should read HP, but you should consider opening your mind up a bit as you get older.
He said he avoids HP for its witchcraft. What is the problem? I avoid going into bars because I don't want to get addicted to alcohol. I don't buy cigarettes because I don't want to smoke 'em. Can I provide a verse that says smoking is a sin, or that watching HP results in eternal punishment? Nope, but avoiding them sure won't hurt you. ;)
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

Jelly wrote:
Karen Krosby wrote:they both are LAME. I have never read the books, or seen the movies and I don't want to.
You're LAME. I've never met you, and I don't want to.

;)
seriously?
That's mean. But it's also win. \:D/

Karen, sorry. I have never read the books or seen the movies either, but you can't call it lame if you haven't seen it.
American Eagle wrote:
Jelly wrote:

He said he avoids HP for its witchcraft. What is the problem? I avoid going into bars because I don't want to get addicted to alcohol. I don't buy cigarettes because I don't want to smoke 'em. Can I provide a verse that says smoking is a sin, or that watching HP results in eternal punishment? Nope, but avoiding them sure won't hurt you. ;)
AE, that's good logic. And I agree. But I do think there is a double standard. And not just where witchcraft and magic is concerned. What makes Christians think that watching people murder each other (practically in every movie above G these days) is any less bad than watching people use magic, or whatever?
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

ric wrote:
American Eagle wrote:
Jelly wrote:

AE, that's good logic. And I agree. But I do think there is a double standard. And not just where witchcraft and magic is concerned. What makes Christians think that watching people murder each other (practically in every movie above G these days) is any less bad than watching people use magic, or whatever?
I can think of a few reasons. First off, I'm in no way defending murder. Unless it's in self-defense, it is sin and forgive me if I appear to be on its side.

(a) That being said, not all killing is wrong. Watching a war-related movie (i.e., old Biblical movies, WWII, etc.) is part of our heritage and we must not forget the bloodshed that was poured out for our freedom and liberty. Obviously, I'm not trying to promote overly gory stuff, but not all battlefield films are wrong.

(b) The Passion of the Christ, although it is filled with murder and gore, still gives a glimpse into the terrible death of our Savior. I don't think it's sin to watch that.

(c) Are the "good guys" killing endless amounts of people to be "cool"? In theory, I'm opposed to all-out action movies like The Expendables because the sole purpose of the film is to show violence as fun and entertainment. Murder happens every day. We simply need to treat it as it is—sin. Do I like it when characters lie to get what they want? What about when couples get divorced? Or when people steal? Murder, deception, adultery, theft — they happen, but it should be treated as wrongdoing.

I've been a fairly outspoken opponent of HP for years. You know what? It's really not because of the witchcraft. I don't like Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs a whole lot, but I'm thankful that the dwarfs don't retaliate by stealing the witch's devices to "un-curse" Snow White. The movie recognizes the witch and her craft as pure evil, and people don't create a "good version" of evil to beat the bad guys. In real life, there are demons around us, but we shouldn't support Satan to overcome him.

Does that make sense? My biggest frustration with HP is blurring the lines between good and evil. What do the bad guys use? Witchcraft. What do the good guys use? Witchcraft. In my life, should I use good witchcraft to beat the bad witchcraft? Is there such a thing as "good" forms of evil? (Matthew 6:24 comes to mind.)

Ultimately, my opinion rests in this: if I were to watch a series filled with things God hates, how could I possibly grow closer to Him?
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.