What are your top 5 fav books?

List at least five books that are your favorite so everyone can hear about them.

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
Alyssa
Always happy
Always happy

What are your top 5 fav books?

Post by Alyssa »

List the top five fav books of yours right here! Then, people can get ideas on what to read etc. If you juf you just have to put more then one, I totally understand, feel free! But, try to stick to the 5 limit!
Last edited by Alyssa on Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Love You, Lee! :hug:
We'll love you forever, SnC. Thanks for showing us how to be so Strong in Christ. :hug:
I love you... Anne, Sapphire, IDANCE, Joanne, Mimi, Laura, and especially dear Lee. :hug:
And, my wonderful guy friends are: AE, Regis, ric, Marvin, Whitty Whit, and thegreenringc!

"I May do silly things, but I do them with enthusiasm!"
"A Day without Laughter is a day wasted."
"It's not the years in your life that count, it's the life in your years." -Abe Lincoln

Check out the free, fun, and fantastic shop: Express Yourself By Alyssa!

You know me..always ready for a chat! ;) Send me a PM soon, whether I just met you, know you well, haven't talked to you in a while, or haven't met you at all!
LadyMaxwell
Fourscore and seven

Post by LadyMaxwell »

when I was younger my favorite books were:

1. Number the Stars by Louis Lowry
2. A Father's Promise by Donna L. Hess
3. The Sierra Jensen series by Robin Jones Gunn
4. The American girl series: Kit, Molly, and Samantha being my favvys
5. The American Diary's and Louisiana Hurricane by Kathleen Duey: Sarah Anne Hartford, Nell Dunne, and Rosa Monroe were my three favorites
and I know you said only five, but I must put down:
6. 20 and 10 by Claire Huchet Bishop

My current top five favorites would be:
1. Reese Howells: Intercessor by Nathan Grubb
2. The Autobiography of George Muller
3. After God's Own Heart by Mike Bickle
4. Pursuit of the Holy by Corey Russell
5. Knowledge of the Holy by A.W. Tozer

~Rose
Alyssa
Always happy
Always happy

Post by Alyssa »

Thanks for your imput!
We'll love you forever, SnC. Thanks for showing us how to be so Strong in Christ. :hug:
I love you... Anne, Sapphire, IDANCE, Joanne, Mimi, Laura, and especially dear Lee. :hug:
And, my wonderful guy friends are: AE, Regis, ric, Marvin, Whitty Whit, and thegreenringc!

"It's not the years in your life that count, it's the life in your years." -Abe Lincoln

You know me..always ready for a chat! ;) Send me a PM soon, whether I just met you, know you well, haven't talked to you in a while, or haven't met you at all!
Lydia
Not as new

Post by Lydia »

My top five favorite books would be:
1.The Bible
2.Little House on the Prairie by Laura Ingalls Wilder
3.Dragonlight by Donita K. Paul
4.Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
5.Love comes softly by Janette Oke
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Excluding the Bible, because it's in a league of it's own:

1. The Left Behind series
2. One Thing You Can't Do In Heaven
3. The Kingdom series
4. Do Hard Things
5. In His Steps

I haven't read as many books as the rest of you, probably.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

Awe... books. My 4th life~ (I've got a lot of those I'm finding out.. lol)

1. The Bible I don't read it as much as I should, honestly, but it is God's word. I cherish it with my heart, because it's our connection to the Father who gave us life, and sacrificed his son to save us from our own deceit... what a story. :)
2. The Healer by Dee Henderson. It is soo sad, but its the best in the O'Malley series I love. My passion against cancer... it starts right in that book.
3. Chicken Soup for the Soul: The Cancer Book I read it once through last school year one Sunday afternoon. No kidding. I took it home, and now I've brought it back to school with me. I'm going to read it again. Because it reminds me of why I'm in college NOW, instead of starting in Fall, and why I'm pushing for the Nursing program... PONP, here I come! (Pediatric Oncology Nurse Practitioner... at least an ONP, but I'm itching for kids)
4. Red and White by Ted Dekker. They tie because they both rock. :)
5. And last but absolutely not least, anything by Lurlene McDaniel. She writes amazing books, and I can't pick just one. If I HAD to, it would be The Legacy: Making Wishes Come True... yeah, I'm definitely a teenager...

And I have many more I love... but to pick just a few... I haven't memorized my room back home with my two bookshelves full of books... There are so many... Disney books, mysteries (CSI... lol), biographies, autobiographies, my Christian section, my childhood books I still browse through, my Laura Ingalls Whilder and family section, my fairytale section, and then my Adventist books... there are Odyssey books, for what Odyssey I can manage. lol. Harry Potter... Eragon series... Ted Dekker... wow, I have a lot. American Girl books (loads... I have up to Kaya and Kit, and then I grew up), American History girls... I can't remember the name of the series to be honest... I counted once and had over 425 books. By now, I must be closer to 500. :P

Books are amazing... I can't read enough, even though I'm really slow these days... I'm reading five books at once, one for class, the others for enjoyment... but I'm an avid reader. :)
Galaxy X
The Legend
The Legend

Post by Galaxy X »

American Eagle wrote:3. The Kingdom series
Is that the series by Chuck Black?

If it is...I LOVE THAT SERIES!!!
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

GALAXY X wrote:

Awesome! I've found a fellow fan! :D The series is fantastic. :highfive:
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Galaxy X
The Legend
The Legend

Post by Galaxy X »

American Eagle wrote:
GALAXY X wrote:

Awesome! I've found a fellow fan! :D The series is fantastic. :highfive:
I only have the first 4. But I really want the other 2! Woo! another guy who knows of it! Woo! :highfive:
Last edited by Galaxy X on Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
V-lady
Miss Independent
Miss Independent

Post by V-lady »

I don't read books too often, so it may be hard to come up with five that are actual favorites. :)

Let's see...

1. Blood Ties Sigmund Brouwer
2. The Reckoning James Byron Huggins
3. Head Game Tim Downs
4. Lord of the Rings
5. The Hobbit
Last edited by V-lady on Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

I don't know if these five are necessarily my five all-time favorites, but they're some excellent ones that come to mind off the top of my head, most of which I've read (or reread) recently:

1. Pride and Prejudice
2. Les Miserables
3. A Tale of Two Cities
4. Anne of Green Gables
5. The Giver

There are so many others, some of which I grew up with (Little House on the Prairie), or that I haven't read in awhile but remember really liking (To Kill a Mockingbird, Persuasion (Jane Austen), East of Eden, Uncle Tom's Cabin, Ben Hur), or that I'm currently reading (Lord of the Rings trilogy), or that are just plain runners' up (Ella Enchanted).

As you can probably tell, most of my favorites are children's and adult's classics. :)
Officer David Harley
Classic

Post by Officer David Harley »

I am a bookworm so this is a hard choice... not including the Bible my top 5 favorite books are:

1. Lord of the Rings
2. Maximum Ride(it is one book in my head)
3. The Hobbit(I can make fun of Dwarves and Hobbits at the same time!)
4. Caroline and her 7 little words(It was my favorite as a kid)
5. The Chronicles of Narnia: The Last battle

Officer David Harley
Alyssa
Always happy
Always happy

Post by Alyssa »

Thanks for the imputs! Keep Posting!

StrongNChrist
A Silent Prayer Warrior

Post by StrongNChrist »

My top favorite fiction books......not sure if it will be exactly five though...:-

1. Miss Match
2. Rematch
3. Matchpoint
(yes, they're all in the same series...)
4. Cool Beans
5. Devine
~Forever at her Savior's side.~
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

My top 5 favorites are:
1. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (I like the whole series, but this one especially because it had way more detail than the movie)
2. A Wrinkle in Time (this is the first really good book I ever read)
3. A Swiftly Tilting Planet
4. The Circle Trilogy
5. The Negotiator

I also like the Hobbit, To Kill a Mockingbird, Blink, and Blessed Child. I loved books with colorful pictures when I was kid, but now I like great stories.

Till the end of the line.
Liz_Horton
Animatronic

Post by Liz_Horton »

You really want me to choose FIVE favorite books?... I can't do that, its impossible! But here are my top 5 books / series.

1. The Baxter Family Drama series by Karen Kingsbury (This includes the "R" "First born" "S" and "Above the Line" series 17 books and counting so far)

2. The Redemption of Sarah Cain by Beverly Lewis (amazing story)

3. The Circle trilogy -Ted DekKer

4. The Love Comes Softly/ The tender years series -J. Oak

5. Christy

Not in that order.. Christy is probably my all time favorite book. I have read it 5 times and watched every episode of the 1994 tv series at least that many times.. I've also read way to many fanfictions... :D
Alyssa
Always happy
Always happy

Post by Alyssa »

I haven't read the books yet, but I think the movies of Love Come Softly and Christy are fantastic!!! have you seen them?

Liz_Horton
Animatronic

Post by Liz_Horton »

Connie K. wrote:I haven't read the books yet, but I think the movies of Love Come Softly and Christy are fantastic!!! have you seen them?

The Love comes softly movies are good.. as long as you haven't read the book, or if you have read the book, forget about the book as you watch the movie. The Christy TV show was great, but the only good thing about the later made movies is "Mac" and Jeb are played by the same actors.

*6th favorite book is "Bend in the Road" by N. Sparks.
Alyssa
Always happy
Always happy

Post by Alyssa »

So do you think the books are better?

Trixie Belden
Honourary Narnian
Honourary Narnian

Post by Trixie Belden »

1. Inkheart
2. All three books in the Mysterious Benedict Society series
3. The Trixie Belden series (YAY!!!)
4. Pride and Prejudice, which I'm reading for school currently
5. Little Women

This list varies substantially over periods of time. I think I'll revisit this in a month, and see if it's still the same.