What are your top 5 fav books?

List at least five books that are your favorite so everyone can hear about them.

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
Alyssa
Always happy
Always happy

Post by Alyssa »

Trixie Belden wrote:1. Inkheart
2. All three books in the Mysterious Benedict Society series
3. The Trixie Belden series (YAY!!!)
4. Pride and Prejudice, which I'm reading for school currently
5. Little Women

This list varies substantially over periods of time. I think I'll revisit this in a month, and see if it's still the same.
I love the Mysterious Benedict Society Series! I am reading the first one now and got the second one for Easter.
Love You, Lee! :hug:
We'll love you forever, SnC. Thanks for showing us how to be so Strong in Christ. :hug:
I love you... Anne, Sapphire, IDANCE, Joanne, Mimi, Laura, and especially dear Lee. :hug:
And, my wonderful guy friends are: AE, Regis, ric, Marvin, Whitty Whit, and thegreenringc!

"I May do silly things, but I do them with enthusiasm!"
"A Day without Laughter is a day wasted."
"It's not the years in your life that count, it's the life in your years." -Abe Lincoln

Check out the free, fun, and fantastic shop: Express Yourself By Alyssa!

You know me..always ready for a chat! ;) Send me a PM soon, whether I just met you, know you well, haven't talked to you in a while, or haven't met you at all!
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

Let's see if I can choose:

1. All of the A Life of Faith series
2. The Passages series
3. Anne of Green Gables (that was the book that got me hooked on reading)
4. Me, Myself and Bob by Phil Vischer
5. Little Women
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
Alyssa
Always happy
Always happy

Post by Alyssa »

Is me, my self, and bob good?
We'll love you forever, SnC. Thanks for showing us how to be so Strong in Christ. :hug:
I love you... Anne, Sapphire, IDANCE, Joanne, Mimi, Laura, and especially dear Lee. :hug:
And, my wonderful guy friends are: AE, Regis, ric, Marvin, Whitty Whit, and thegreenringc!

"It's not the years in your life that count, it's the life in your years." -Abe Lincoln

You know me..always ready for a chat! ;) Send me a PM soon, whether I just met you, know you well, haven't talked to you in a while, or haven't met you at all!
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

Yes! I would highly recommend it to everyone, and not just VeggieTales fans.
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
Alyssa
Always happy
Always happy

Post by Alyssa »

What is it about?

EMBEE
I've been working out

Post by EMBEE »

It is mostly about the lessons Phil Vischer learned while building Big Idea (the company that makes VeggieTales) and watching Big Idea fall.
Stop Wooton' Around
Wooton rocks!
Wooton rocks!

Post by Stop Wooton' Around »

1. Alex Rider Series
2. Narina
3. Hardy Boys
4. Mike Lupic Books
5. American History Books (Including my text book)
Alyssa
Always happy
Always happy

Post by Alyssa »

EMBEE wrote:It is mostly about the lessons Phil Vischer learned while building Big Idea (the company that makes VeggieTales) and watching Big Idea fall.
Cool! My Grandma has it...I might read it sometime!

EMBEE
I've been working out

Post by EMBEE »

You definitely should!
Alyssa
Always happy
Always happy

Post by Alyssa »

O.K. I might do that sometime.

Lydia
Not as new

Post by Lydia »

American Eagle wrote:Excluding the Bible, because it's in a league of it's own:

1. The Left Behind series
2. One Thing You Can't Do In Heaven
3. The Kingdom series
4. Do Hard Things
5. In His Steps

I haven't read as many books as the rest of you, probably.
I love Do Hard Things too!
Alyssa
Always happy
Always happy

Post by Alyssa »

What is Do Hard Things about?

American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Connie K. wrote:What is Do Hard Things about?
It's a book to inspire teenagers to do hard (big, important) things for God while they're still young.

Awesome, Lydia! :highfive:
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Alyssa
Always happy
Always happy

Post by Alyssa »

Cool!