Shakespeare

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
Caswin
Found

Post by Caswin »

Termite wrote:It's not poetry, though. =P It's dialogue. You get to imagine everything, and it's all in the old style version of speech, so it's :inlove:
That as may be, it's hard to fall in love with beautiful prose when it's so obtuse that you can't tell what they're actually saying.
Novacom transmission... one, two, three... testing, one, two, three...
Liz_Horton
Animatronic

Post by Liz_Horton »

I love Shakespeare, he was like..amazing. McBeth is probably my favorite play, and my favorite sonnet is (surprise surprise) Sonnet 116, closely followed by Sonnet 18.

Ben Johnson (same era) was also an amazing poet.. I love "song to Cilia" (I think that is the name of it anyway).
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Caswin wrote:
Termite wrote:It's not poetry, though. =P It's dialogue. You get to imagine everything, and it's all in the old style version of speech, so it's :inlove:
That as may be, it's hard to fall in love with beautiful prose when it's so obtuse that you can't tell what they're actually saying.
....I can understand it....

The Taming of the Shrew is my favorite. :inlove: A Midsummer Night's Dream is also really good, too...
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein