Life, life

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Yes, if I worked from home I might have tried to cajole my way into an earlier appointment. I'm not home during most regular service times due to work, so it's not like I could ask for them to have someone come by any time if an opening did come up. It was a reminder of just how much I depend on having working internet! I'm trying to appreciate it a bit more. :)

I spent a quiet day today enjoying Christmas movies and watching hockey while reading. I really enjoy some quiet time!
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

i'm back in ghana for the first time in 6.5 years...and it is HOT. i don't know how i spent almost 12 years here and took warm showers. probably didn't help that i came from 0 degrees in amsterdam and today it was 34 and even now at almost 9 pm it's 28 degrees, but still :anxious:
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Wow, still living that jetsetting lifestyle! That's great.

Will you be there long enough to adjust to the temperatures? That is very warm. I don't know if I would ever get used to that much heat. :mad:
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

i was born to catch flights, not feelings :noway: but seriously, i think traveling is probably what i find the most rewarding! and now it's also nice to see my parents.

well, i can sleep alright at night as long as i shower right before bed and go in front of the fans, but in the day it's really warm (like right now) and i keep feeling like i'm dirty because of the sweat :(

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

Hello, everyone! It has been a very, very long time. It looks like the last time I was here was 2015! :shock: I know some of you probably don't know who I am, but I roamed the ToO all throughout my formative teen years. I didn't know at the time, but this place offered me solace in an abusive environment. So I will always be grateful to this forum and wonderful members for that. I've been thinking about the ToO and my childhood a lot recently, and I thought I would log on to give a quick update. So much has happened since 2015. I graduated from college and got my MFA in creative nonfiction. I got married this past May to the most ridiculous man I know. And I am now working full-time at a law school as a faculty coordinator. I don't think I'll be able to be a regular again, but it has been so nice to pop in to see the familiar (yet new) ToO. I hope everyone is doing well. I might check back in later, but if I don't, I wish everyone the absolute best! \:D/
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Hey Sapphire, I can't believe that it's been that long! :thud: I'm so glad you came by to share how you're doing. It sounds like your life is going well. Congrats on your MFA and wedding and job and all those good things! I'm very happy for you. :D
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Sapphire wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:07 am Hello, everyone! It has been a very, very long time. It looks like the last time I was here was 2015! :shock: I know some of you probably don't know who I am, but I roamed the ToO all throughout my formative teen years. I didn't know at the time, but this place offered me solace in an abusive environment. So I will always be grateful to this forum and wonderful members for that. I've been thinking about the ToO and my childhood a lot recently, and I thought I would log on to give a quick update. So much has happened since 2015. I graduated from college and got my MFA in creative nonfiction. I got married this past May to the most ridiculous man I know. And I am now working full-time at a law school as a faculty coordinator. I don't think I'll be able to be a regular again, but it has been so nice to pop in to see the familiar (yet new) ToO. I hope everyone is doing well. I might check back in later, but if I don't, I wish everyone the absolute best! \:D/
I remember you! very well! glad you stopped by and all is going well \:D/

American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

^ Same! Hi, Sapphire! \:D/
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

I remember you quite well from our Campbell County days.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

I live, sleep, and wake up, just to live again.
Not to brag, but I'm pretty good at it.
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Sure, make the rest of us jealous with your crazy life, Whitty Whit. :noway:

Nothing too exciting going on for me either. We still have snow outside and that's making it feel far from spring. I'm not that much of an outdoor person, but I would like a little warmer weather!
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

bump bump

how's everyone's life, peeps \:D/

Old Brad
I've been working out

Post by Old Brad »

Oh.. you know.. just getting prepared for a wedding tomorrow….
\:D/
“For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him."
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Old Brad wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 7:04 am Oh.. you know.. just getting prepared for a wedding tomorrow….
\:D/
Whoa, we went pretty quickly from seeing the engagement photo to hearing about the wedding! :thud: Congrats! I hope everything goes well tomorrow.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Exciting!! Congrats, Brad!
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I'm enjoying the end of summer, spending time with family and friends and enjoying the nice weather. I've been working on a puzzle that I am making extremely slow progress on - really exciting stuff. ;)