AWESOME MESSAGE BOARD FOR NEW USERS!

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Alyssa
Always happy
Always happy

AWESOME MESSAGE BOARD FOR NEW USERS!

Post by Alyssa »

If, your new to odyssey, you need to try this message board, it's smaller and a little more easier to use. It is designed for new users were you can ask questions galore. You can try it for a week and once you get the hang off message boards, you can switch back to the ToO, to join, go to this webiste: http://ccmb.forum-motion.com/forum.htm. You may have to copy and paste.

Hope to see you there!

Connielover101
Love You, Lee! :hug:
We'll love you forever, SnC. Thanks for showing us how to be so Strong in Christ. :hug:
I love you... Anne, Sapphire, IDANCE, Joanne, Mimi, Laura, and especially dear Lee. :hug:
And, my wonderful guy friends are: AE, Regis, ric, Marvin, Whitty Whit, and thegreenringc!

"I May do silly things, but I do them with enthusiasm!"
"A Day without Laughter is a day wasted."
"It's not the years in your life that count, it's the life in your years." -Abe Lincoln

Check out the free, fun, and fantastic shop: Express Yourself By Alyssa!

You know me..always ready for a chat! ;) Send me a PM soon, whether I just met you, know you well, haven't talked to you in a while, or haven't met you at all!
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Regis has a whole army of people working for him. :P
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

What's the point of this? The ToO is already easy enough to use and switching from one format to another only to switch back to that format in a week seems pointless and way more work than is needed...we have moderators for a reason, and one of their duties is to help the new people who need assistance, but due to the inherent ease of use the ToO presents that's not even much of a problem now. We may get like one or two people every so often that doesn't understand the board....but that's why we have people to help them out, why would we divert them to a completely different site that's run by users of the ToO who could easily help out newer users here.

I understand the good intentions behind this but it just seems like a waste of people's time, and time is a very valuable thing.
Pseudonym
Pleasantly Confused
Pleasantly Confused

Post by Pseudonym »

That forum has eighteen main subforums... the ToO has nine plus factions. :-k

Smaller and easier to use indeed.
So you lost your trust,
And you never should have.
No, you never should have.
But don't break your back
If you ever see this,
But don't answer that.
In a bullet proof vest
With the windows all closed,
I'll be doing my best
I'll see you soon.
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Tyler wrote:What's the point of this? The ToO is already easy enough to use and switching from one format to another only to switch back to that format in a week seems pointless and way more work than is needed...we have moderators for a reason, and one of their duties is to help the new people who need assistance, but due to the inherent ease of use the ToO presents that's not even much of a problem now. We may get like one or two people every so often that doesn't understand the board....but that's why we have people to help them out, why would we divert them to a completely different site that's run by users of the ToO who could easily help out newer users here.

I understand the good intentions behind this but it just seems like a waste of people's time, and time is a very valuable thing.
I love how Tyler constantly lurks the boards and posts whenever he wants to critique something. :P

Dude, no need to make a big deal. Regis simply made the board awhile ago because he wanted to have his own message board. Occasionally, he just convinces other users to promote it for him.
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

I don't constantly lurk the board, I just check in IC every now and then and I may notice something that catches my eye....and BAM, wrath of God.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Tyler just speaks for those who are too nice to say what they think. Like Jesus did to the Pharisees, etc.
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

yay for attacking newbs and calling them pharisees on their first day. We might as well ban her, because she dared to post a link! Oh, people will pretend to be nice, but in their hearts they are all disgusted. SINNN!!
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

Jelly wrote:
Tyler wrote:What's the point of this? The ToO is already easy enough to use and switching from one format to another only to switch back to that format in a week seems pointless and way more work than is needed...we have moderators for a reason, and one of their duties is to help the new people who need assistance, but due to the inherent ease of use the ToO presents that's not even much of a problem now. We may get like one or two people every so often that doesn't understand the board....but that's why we have people to help them out, why would we divert them to a completely different site that's run by users of the ToO who could easily help out newer users here.

I love how Tyler constantly lurks the boards and posts whenever he wants to critique something. :P

Dude, no need to make a big deal. Regis simply made the board awhile ago because he wanted to have his own message board. Occasionally, he just convinces other users to promote it for him.
Hey, having a small army helps. Why use my time when I get others to do it?
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

O.o ...I seriously hope you were kidding with that statement. Otherwise that's obnoxious and arrogant. :anxious:
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

In all seriousness. I do have an army of help that makes the admin job better. As for this topic, I just mentioned I wanted the place to continue to grow a little more and the topic was her idea.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Jason Whits Son
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Jason Whits Son »

It really is a great place. Right now its in the beginnings of an arc. So you can come on in and join the fun.
NateMaxwell
My posts are revolutionary

Post by NateMaxwell »

I am there too along with Eugene,Sapphire,Regis,and Jason. Hello Connie. I didnt know when I sent you that Welcome Message that you'd advertise CC Here :lol: I am an admin and most of the people who came there from this place are aswell. As Jason said we are currently in an arc. I hope to see you guys around.
Jason Whits Son
Catspaw Rocks!

ODH (Officer David Harley) and MitchnTrent (aka Marvin) are on there as well.
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

I think he was just stating admins, cause there are a lot of people on there that are from here, just not necessarily admins. Which... I find totally annoying. Too much power, too many admins. And for such a place where all you have is like... three citizens to 6 admins... *blank stare* perfect ratio, just wonderful... not.

And the story arcs are like... lol, LAME. We all know who's behind them, and it rehashes stuff from before... and when the last arc was in DECEMBER, they are too numerous...

-- February 14th, 2010, 12:52 pm --

PS: I'm on there, that is what I'm stating...
Jason Whits Son
Catspaw Rocks!

Its true that there was just one in December...to be perfectly honest I agree that this one is too close together with the other...I can say that after this one is over it will be a long while before another one, probably.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Jelly wrote:yay for attacking newbs and calling them pharisees on their first day. We might as well ban her, because she dared to post a link! Oh, people will pretend to be nice, but in their hearts they are all disgusted. SINNN!!
Good lad, you're catching on! \:D/ Because obviously a post that compares Tyler to Jesus is in total seriousness and all new users are pharisees!!!! \:D/

Though honestly I wish the ToO would adopt some rules on advertising. Most forums ban it outright (which I think is too extreme) but it seems multiple threads for the same place always come up. Although maybe I'm mistaken, they all run together. A rule like one thread for a new board, but members can advertise in their sig or something seems reasonable.

Regardless, its kind of looked down upon to be a new user only shilling for another forum... \:D/
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

The Top Crusader wrote:Though honestly I wish the ToO would adopt some rules on advertising. Most forums ban it outright (which I think is too extreme) but it seems multiple threads for the same place always come up. Although maybe I'm mistaken, they all run together. A rule like one thread for a new board, but members can advertise in their sig or something seems reasonable.

Regardless, its kind of looked down upon to be a new user only shilling for another forum... \:D/
I think the easy answer would be to simply ask Regis to stop. :anxious: I'm sure he's not trying to be pain, but we should probably just put an end to it if we think it's going to far. Which I think it is.

I'm on the board too; I have nothing against it. But I vote that we keep the advertising to sigs from now on. :)
Jason Whits Son
Catspaw Rocks!

I don't think Regis is really behind this. We of the CC just want to be sure the word is out to all message board, odyssey loving, Christian folks out there. But you're right I guess. Advertising in sigs is probably the best route to go.
Alyssa
Always happy
Always happy

Post by Alyssa »

I am sorry everyone! I feel bad.....I just thought that for new users it would be a good idea for them to try it for a while.......it was for me. I guess I jus tam not cut out for this website. I am new, and don't know much about the websites. Thanks to Jellyfish for being so nice about it. And, please don't blame blackgaard, it was my idea, I was just being nice.

Please Forgive me by Posting Back!

Connielover
Love You, Lee! :hug:
We'll love you forever, SnC. Thanks for showing us how to be so Strong in Christ. :hug:
I love you... Anne, Sapphire, IDANCE, Joanne, Mimi, Laura, and especially dear Lee. :hug:
And, my wonderful guy friends are: AE, Regis, ric, Marvin, Whitty Whit, and thegreenringc!

"I May do silly things, but I do them with enthusiasm!"
"A Day without Laughter is a day wasted."
"It's not the years in your life that count, it's the life in your years." -Abe Lincoln

Check out the free, fun, and fantastic shop: Express Yourself By Alyssa!

You know me..always ready for a chat! ;) Send me a PM soon, whether I just met you, know you well, haven't talked to you in a while, or haven't met you at all!