Ask Moontide

The place for all those "Questions for this fascinating user" threads so they're all in one place!
Pianoman
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Pianoman »

What artistic talents do your family members have? (drawing, music, dancing, etc)

What do you think of the Canadian government?
Moontide
No way I broke the window

Post by Moontide »

What artistic talents do your family members have? (drawing, music, dancing, etc) Drawing, painting, cooking, and knitting.

What do you think of the Canadian government? If you mean the Canadian government system, it seems decent and maybe better than the American way. The Canadian Senate is mostly useless, but it doesn't do much harm beside wasting some money that could be spend on battleships or bank regulation.
If you mean the current government, then they seem decent. Maybe a little corrupt, but more experienced and wise than any of the competition.
Paula
insert dash here

Post by Paula »

If you were to move to America, would you celebrate Thanksgiving according to the Canadian calendar or the American one?
Fast & Jelly are at it again. This time they face the evil fast clickers. Can fast be faster? Is Jelly too slow to turn them into jelly? Find out this week on Fast & Jelly! --> Penguin
#pPodPartnersWithPenguin
Countess

Post by Countess »

Why do you make the questions bold instead of quoting them when you answer?

Do you miss the ToO on the days you don't check it?
Pianoman

Post by Pianoman »

Probably because he's not on the SS, and doesn't really have anyone to compare to. :P

Do you get many PMs?
Connie G.
I'm a teapot

Post by Connie G. »

Does your money earn interest in the bank?
I have learned to kiss the wave that throws me against the rock of ages. ~C.H. Spurgeon
hello and Where are all the hot people? ~Penguin
Moontide

Post by Moontide »

If you were to move to America, would you celebrate Thanksgiving according to the Canadian calendar or the American one? Likely the American one.
Why do you make the questions bold instead of quoting them when you answer? Because they take up less space then.
Do you miss the ToO on the days you don't check it? Not really.
Do you get many PMs? No.
Does your money earn interest in the bank? No, because that feature is broken.
Pianoman

Post by Pianoman »

Did you "draw" the avatars you make/made?

Could you make smileys like the ones the ToO has? :O
Moontide

Post by Moontide »

Did you "draw" the avatars you make/made? I drew them in an raster image editor. The first few were drawn in paint.NET and the latter ones were done in GIMP.
Could you make smileys like the ones the ToO has? :O Likely some of them at least
Pianoman

Post by Pianoman »

That's awesome! I should come up with a smiley I can have you make... :twisted:

Do you know why forums use BB codes, rather than automatic formatting?

What is the first AIO quote that pops into your mind right now?

What did you think of your term as mayor?
Moontide

Post by Moontide »

Do you know why forums use BB codes, rather than automatic formatting? I am not what you mean by "automatic formatting". If you mean WYSIWYG, it is because computer programmers (and me), find WYSIWYG frustrating because of all the hidden states. For example, when you start typing you can't tell what format it is and it is hard to control whether you are typing inside or outside the formatting. Also, control-i and control-b is bound to things in browsers already.

What is the first AIO quote that pops into your mind right now? "Snow, Snow, Snow, Snow" sung by Alex (I think) in Snow Day

What did you think of your term as mayor? Being mayor is almost exactly the same as being a normal citizen.
Pianoman

Post by Pianoman »

I know, you've said so... but, do you feel you accomplished what you wanted to accomplish? Do you think your term was enjoyable for the entire board? Do you think you'll run again? Do you think you could've done much better?
Countess

Post by Countess »

Favorite AIO episode?

Favorite AIO character?

Do you enjoy debating enough to join other AIO boards to have it?
Moontide

Post by Moontide »

I know, you've said so... but, do you feel you accomplished what you wanted to accomplish? Do you think your term was enjoyable for the entire board? Do you think you'll run again? Do you think you could've done much better?
We got most of what we wanted done done. It would have be nice if we could have gotten a new theme done. I am not sure how enjoyable our term was. Yes, I think I could run again. I should have made the otter game less complex rules-wise.

Favorite AIO episode? Snow day

Favorite AIO character? Harlow Doyal

Do you enjoy debating enough to join other AIO boards to have it? Likely not. I don't really like debating all that much.
Amy Funkhouser
Not as new

Post by Amy Funkhouser »

Do you mind that I call you moonshine?

What was your first impression of me?
What is Forever..? Well that's when I shall return. #Twinsforeverwithpenguin
~Ninja <3
Moontide

Post by Moontide »

Do you mind that I call you moonshine?
Not really.

What was your first impression of me?
I don't remember, partially because I keep forgetting which of your usernames are you. I just released that Amy Funkhouser and Ninja are the same person in spite of you note in your signature.
Countess

Post by Countess »

Did you just randomly come up with your status?

Why don't you use your signature?
Moontide

Post by Moontide »

Did you just randomly come up with your status? Yes. It is part of the status prompt backwards.

Why don't you use your signature? At first it was because signatures space out posts, and now after I got an award for it, I do it as a joke.
this is my sig, but it is not attached by default, because I think I am too good for a signature all the time, or something. (More likely something).
I am totally not a sockpuppet of Marvin D.
Countess

Post by Countess »

Why did you just randomly give away 101 dollars? :shock:

Are you apart of any other message boards?

Are you in college?

Was the ToO really active when you joined?

Do you use sarcasm at all?

Your best friend on the ToO?
Moontide

Post by Moontide »

Why did you just randomly give away 101 dollars? :shock: It seemed like an entertaining thing to do, and I didn't feel like running a more complex contest.

Are you apart of any other message boards?
Yes, technically. Not active on any though.

Are you in college? Yes-ish

Was the ToO really active when you joined? Yes, in the first election that I saw over 100 people voted.

Do you use sarcasm at all? Every sentence I say is sarcastic. I am never literal ever.

Your best friend on the ToO? I refuse to rank friends because it seems like it would add unneeded drama to my life