AIO vs Maximum Ride Mafia! - Day VI

This forum is home to games of all various shapes and sizes. Members are welcome to start and participate in contests on this board.
Fang-wa
Avian American
Avian American

AIO vs Maximum Ride Mafia! - Day VI

Post by Fang-wa »

Welcome to the AIO vs Maximum Ride mafia game, a new twist on an old game! The AIO characters will be the Town (of Odyssey) in this game and the Maximum Ride characters will play the mafia. You will be assigned your role after the game as begun.

If you don't know how mafia works, here are the general rules:

1. I am the GameMaster (hereafter referred to as the GM) and if I say that something happens, it happens. You may question my decision, but I have the final say.

2. During the daytime phases of the game you may say anything you want in this thread, except that you cannot quote any PM I send to you. Nor can you specify anything about your role other than it's name. For example: I am Eugene and I can kill one person in (each) nighttime phase of the game. I can say "I am Eugene!" but I cannot say "I can kill one person at night!"
Capiche?

3. You may say anything you want in the daytime phases of the game, whether it is true or not, assuming it does not break any of the other rules. This is a Christian forum and lying is not encouraged; however, in this game, it is legal for anyone to lie or otherwise say untruths (within the context of the game) within reason. By "within reason" I mean no trash talking, no flaming, etc.

4. You may not PM anyone about this game or talk about this game anywhere besides this thread. The only exception is if your role specifies otherwise. For example, you're role might allow you to converse with one other person, via PM, during the nighttime phase.

5. During the daytime phase votes will be placed, and at the end of the daytime phase tallied. The person with the most votes will be killed, I will write a death scene for them, and they will be removed from the game. They are dead and cannot talk in the game unless they are somehow brought back to life or something like that.

6. To vote, put in bold print Vote Catspaw or something like that. Oh, and you may also vote No Vote. To change your vote put Unvote Catspaw and then Vote Top Crusader. Which brings me to rule 7..

7. You may not edit your posts. Period. Anything and everything you say goes on historical record and cannot be changed. If you want to change something, you post a new post saying so. This is why you have to unvote someone, in a different post, and vote someone else; then everyone can see exactly who you voted for, what you said, etc.
Double posts are still against the ruls of the board and, thus, this game. If you must change something you said and no one else has posted, you may edit your post only to add onto it at the end, leaving what you already said unchanged. To signify this, put Edit: at the end of the original post and type everything new after that. This may happen multiple times if needed, provided that each time a new Edit: is placed at the end and the new text placed after it.

8. Stay on topic. We're here to play mafia. Hijacking the thread is frowned upon and is only legal if a thread is in Hillingdale Haven (possibly) or in the Randoms HQ. Feel free to hijack threads in the Anti-Randoms HQ at will (I am not liable in any way). This thread is not in any of those forums. Thus, it should not be hijacked. You can discuss other topics besides the game so long as the game is the main topic and you stay on it.

9. Don't join if you do not plan to be active at least several times a week to play. When you post to say that you'll join, if you also post how often you plan to be on per week (approximately) that will help me figure out what time limits to set on the game.

That's all I can think of for now. Feel free to ask questions if anything isn't clear or if I forgot a rule or something. :)

Okay! Boring part's over! Hopefully we can get enough players to start in at least a week. If we get enough sooner, then we will start sooner. \:D/

GM:
Invisible Ninja

Players (9):
31899 (dropped)
Danielle Abigail Maxwell (dropped)
Jason Whits son (dead)
MITCHnTRENT
Moontide (dead)
Officer David Harley
Smaug the dragon
StrongNChrist (dead)
Termite
Last edited by Fang-wa on Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:54 pm, edited 16 times in total.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Ok, I sign up! Do I get to choose which side I'm on? And I try to sign in everyday, even Sunday. But I will miss a day or so. And I don't get one thing. What goes on in the voting section?
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Fang-wa
Avian American
Avian American

Post by Fang-wa »

MITCHnTRENT wrote:Ok, I sign up! Do I get to choose which side I'm on? And I try to sign in everyday, even Sunday. But I will miss a day or so. And I don't get one thing. What goes on in the voting section?
That's fine, you probably won't need to sign on every day for the game. :) Okay so there are two types of phases to the game, Daytime and Nighttime.
During the Daytime phase(s), people can talk about the game in this thread, whatever, and then vote for someone (or choose No Vote) and at the end of the set time period the person with the most votes is killed. Since you can't change posts, you have to Unvote someone to remove your previous vote before Voting someone else.
During the Nighttime phase there is no talking in this thread (you're all asleep) and people can do whatever nighttime abilities they might have (you'll find out if you have any when the game starts).

That answer your question(s) at all?
No way I broke the window

Post by 31899 »

I is signing up. :anxious: Also when you say no editing, does that include syntax?

Moffia Game is Awesome

Jason Whits Son
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Jason Whits Son »

This sounds interesting. I've played Mafia before but not in a forum..count me in. I usually get on almost every day, but may miss here and there..
Smaug the Dragon
If posts were pigs...

Post by Smaug the Dragon »

Count me in! \:D/ Ooh, I love Mafia games!

I can get on three times a week for definite. Maybe more.
StrongNChrist
A Silent Prayer Warrior

Post by StrongNChrist »

Never played mafia before....do you assign us our teams and names sometime or other? And what do you do if you're on the "mafia" team?

But anyways, I guess I'll sign up (Just, Ninja, remind me please. :pray:) I get on at least 3 times a week. I can't promise more due to school and homework.
~Forever at her Savior's side.~
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

I'm so lost... I've played Mafia, and it isn't like this... ???? I'd play, but um... Okay, we have mafia. Yeah! And the Town... but what about police and a medic? Because.... Everyone votes? ... well, yeah, the mafia, sure. And the medic saves who they want, and if it isn't who died, then they who died are out (I've been reading Huck Finn too much today... ouch). The object is to find out who is mafia, and the police catches them, if at all. So... no police?

Yeah, I'm lost.... a real-life version sounds easier...

I'll play, but you might want to explain more about how we play... your rules don't reflect a real Mafia game.

-- 22 Jan 2010 06:44 pm --

Oh... I get it. You said the general rules, but you never elaborated about the game... *blank stare* nice.
Fang-wa
Avian American
Avian American

Post by Fang-wa »

31899 wrote:I is signing up. :anxious: Also when you say no editing, does that include syntax?

Moffia Game is Awesome

I think so, but I'm not sure what you mean..
Smaug the dragon wrote:Count me in! \:D/ Ooh, I love Mafia games!

I can get on three times a week for definite. Maybe more.
Awesomeness, you got it. ;)
StrongNChrist wrote:Never played mafia before....do you assign us our teams and names sometime or other? And what do you do if you're on the "mafia" team?

But anyways, I guess I'll sign up (Just, Ninja, remind me please. :pray:) I get on at least 3 times a week. I can't promise more due to school and homework.
Yep, y'all get "roles" (Whit, Max, Connie, Gazzy, etc.) after we get enough players, when I send you a PM telling you. :)
Basically the mafia is like the town, except smaller and better, I think. I'm not perfect on the exact rules myself.

Hehe okays, will do. ;)
Danielle Abigail Maxwell wrote:I'm so lost... I've played Mafia, and it isn't like this... ???? I'd play, but um... Okay, we have mafia. Yeah! And the Town... but what about police and a medic? Because.... Everyone votes? ... well, yeah, the mafia, sure. And the medic saves who they want, and if it isn't who died, then they who died are out (I've been reading Huck Finn too much today... ouch). The object is to find out who is mafia, and the police catches them, if at all. So... no police?

Yeah, I'm lost.... a real-life version sounds easier...

I'll play, but you might want to explain more about how we play... your rules don't reflect a real Mafia game.

-- 22 Jan 2010 06:44 pm --

Oh... I get it. You said the general rules, but you never elaborated about the game... *blank stare* nice.
Actually I got most of them off a different forum. :tongue2: The police, sheriff, medic, doctor, or whatever other roles will be given out once we have enough players. :) Does that answer you question?

Wait..what do you mean in the edit? :anxious:
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Oooh....goody! I hope I get a great name and a great job...*stares at IN with his best eyes possible to make sure IN gives him the BEST place cuz he is the FIRST one to signs up*

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Jason Whits Son
Catspaw Rocks!

can't wait till this starts...hopefully wont forget............
Fang-wa
Avian American
Avian American

Post by Fang-wa »

MITCHnTRENT wrote:Oooh....goody! I hope I get a great name and a great job...*stares at IN with his best eyes possible to make sure IN gives him the BEST place cuz he is the FIRST one to signs up*
lol The names will be chosen relatively randomly. ;) For example, giving you the role of Robert Mitchell or Trent DeWhite could be a bad idea, because then people might guess that you are one of your favourite characters. But I could still give you one of those roles. You'll just have to wait. Besides, the "best role" could be highly debated. ;)
Jason Whits son wrote:can't wait till this starts...hopefully wont forget............
Hehe I know what you mean.. :anxious: When posting I selected the "Notify me when a reply is posted" option so that I'll get an email when there are new replies and I won't forget to check here. :)
Jason Whits Son
Catspaw Rocks!

oh thats convenient, I didn't even notice that option...*does the same*
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Haha! I may do the same thing too!

Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Oo! I'll play. I can be on every day. :yes: So this is like regular Mafia just with AIO and Maximum Ride?
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Fang-wa
Avian American
Avian American

Post by Fang-wa »

Termite wrote:Oo! I'll play. I can be on every day. :yes: So this is like regular Mafia just with AIO and Maximum Ride?
Yays! Another playa! Basically, but with a few forum twists. :yes:

I may not be able to get people characters based on whether they like Maximum Ride and/or AIO or not, because then that'd be pretty predictable as to who was on which side, and we can't have that. ;)
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

... :-s What? I don't get it, if that was aimed at me. :noway: =P
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

What is Maximum Ride??

Officer David Harley
Classic

Post by Officer David Harley »

I'll play too, I can be on 3-6 times a week.

Officer David Harley
No way I broke the window

Post by 31899 »

When I said syntax I meant spelling.