New Spiderman Series

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Dallas R.
My posts are revolutionary

New Spiderman Series

Post by Dallas R. »

I don't know how many of us know this, but as of January 10th they've announced that they won't be making Spiderman 4 as they had originally planned. I'm not sure why, but both Tobey Macguire (spiderman's actor) and Sam Raime (the director) left, and they put an end to the whole project. This wouldn't be that bad, except now...

They're planning on remaking the whole series and starting back in high school with a whole new cast. I'm just wondering if anyone thinks this is a good idea, because I really don't see the need to remake a series of movies, when they were still planning sequels for the first time making them.
Katrina Meltsner talking to Katrina Shanks Video
(Pamela Hayden and Audrey Wasilewski face-off)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDHyEphRM4g

Yep. Using my signature for a shameless plug. But trust me. If I can be so arrogant, I think it'll be worth your time.
Mr.Whit
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Mr.Whit »

Wow. I can't ebelieve fi ther e live action.
I don't know hmm this is shokcing.
I have to think about it
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Really, that's so dumb. :noway:
I'm definitely not planning on seeing them.
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

I don't like Spiderman...at all...it's really...I dunno!
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Spiderman was a pretty good movie. Spiderman 2 was even better. Spiderman 3 was AMAZING.

Trying to make more movies with different director/actors = fail.
Last edited by jelly on Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Elrohir
I'm memorable

Post by Elrohir »

Well, it's because Raimi and Sony don't like each other. Sony forced Raimi to use Venom in the last movie. Raimi wanted to use Vulture in 3, and then in 4. Sony wanted anyone BUT Vulture in 4. Raimi wouldn't budge and also said he couldn't make it a good movie by the release date Sony wanted. So Raimi got booted and his version of Spider-man is done. At least this time we'll get a chance at a decent Venom story. But I'm thoroughly satisfied just watching The Spectacular Spider-man, which totally PWNS the movies. Best super-hero show EVER!
Last edited by Elrohir on Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

I only liked the first Spider man movie. the 2nd one was way over the top. But the third one was a little better, though it suffered from having way too many villians and story lines, when they should've just stuck with having only Harry and MAYBE Venom as the villian(s). However, I still liked most of it, aside from Tobey Maguire being emo and weird.

Till the end of the line.
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Shennifer wrote:However, I still liked most of it, aside from Tobey Maguire being emo and weird.
That was my favorite part. \:D/
Iron and Light
Night is Falling
Night is Falling

Post by Iron and Light »

I liked the old series. Why mess with near perfection?

The new cast is what scares me the most. People just can't act anymore, I'm convinced- kids, teens, and young adults can't, at least. A bad acting Spider-Man will just kill the new series.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

I've heard a lot about this. If they get Anton Yelchin to be the next Spider-Man, I'll love it. (He was so funny in Star Trek! ;))
Last edited by American Eagle on Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Iron and Light wrote:I liked the old series. Why mess with near perfection?
WELL SAID.

It baffles me completely why they're doing it at all. Is this not the reaction that 90% of Spiderman fans will have? How do they expect to win by doing this?
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Jelly wrote:
Shennifer wrote:However, I still liked most of it, aside from Tobey Maguire being emo and weird.
That was my favorite part. \:D/
haha well it WAS amusing...in a weird kind of way I guess.

Till the end of the line.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

...people liked Spider-man 3? :-s

Nothing wrong with a bit of a relaunch, it did wonders for the Hulk, but Spider-man 1 and 2 were overall loved and 3 made a lot of money before people realized it was horrible, so its kind of stupid to do a complete reboot. Recast if you have to, but it seems dumb to go back to the origin story and everything this shortly after the last series. I wish Sony would just let the rights revert back to Marvel since they have their own studios now that thus far have made superior films. But Sony likes money for some reason. :noway:

But it could go either way. Not sure I see the wisdom in people deciding today they won't be seeing a movie that has 0% information out, but whatever. \:D/

I'm more into Iron Man 2 and Thor and Captain America myself. \:D/
Iron and Light
Night is Falling
Night is Falling

Post by Iron and Light »

I liked Batman and Iron Man better than Spider-Man... but still. Re-do the series? I'd rather they just switch the actor right now than re-do the entire thing. *shakes head*
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

I don't hate on Macguire like some people but I can live without him. He was almost recast before Spider-man 2, so I think we could survive. Of course, 3 movies is a little differant than 1, but most people ignore the third film so its not quite so bad. >_>

They should have Sam Worthington play him since he seems to be in all the hip cool movies these days! \:D/

Although its more likely he'll play Cap. :-$
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Jelly wrote:Spiderman was a pretty good movie. Spiderman 2 was even better. Spiderman 3 was AMAZING.

Trying to make more movies with different director/actors = fail.
Totally agree with you there....

Equation: movie+actors=thumbs up
movie-2 actors+2 new ones=failure
failure=thumbs up (no)
failure+2 old actors-2 new actors=thumbs up
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Ryder
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Ryder »

Let's face it, there aren't many good actors that look like geeks. So when you have one that does and can act... you should keep him, even if you are re-doing the series. However, if they do re-do it, maybe they can get a better (and prettier) Mary Jane.
Many thanks to her awesome Snubness for the super cool sig and avatar \:D/!
HEAR YE, HEAR YE! Our sixth football pool is now underway!!! Play it! PLAY IT NOW!!
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Yeah I think Dunst backed out of Spidey 4 before everything imploded anyway.
Baragon
Party Pooper

Post by Baragon »

Jelly wrote:Spiderman was a pretty good movie. Spiderman 2 was even better. Spiderman 3 was AMAZING.
What! Spiderman 3 was stupid. Horrible. Hated it.
Dr. Watson wrote:The main reason for the Civil War was so that rednecks can drive around with Confederate flags in their pickup trucks.
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Baragon wrote:
What! Spiderman 3 was stupid. Horrible. Hated it.
What why? :-s The script could have been better but it wasn't that bad.