Ask Trixie Belden

Yeah, sure, why not throw my name out here?

The place for all those "Questions for this fascinating user" threads so they're all in one place!
Trixie Belden
Honourary Narnian
Honourary Narnian

Ask Trixie Belden

Post by Trixie Belden »

Okay, since everybody who's everybody has started one of these threads, I guess I'll follow the crowd. (And no, I would NOT jump off a cliff...etc...etc...)

Anyway, feel free to ask me, Trixie Belden, your questions about anything and everything!

:-

:-

Okay guys, in case you were wondering, that means the you click on reply at the bottom, type in your question, hit submit, and I will click on reply and the bottom, type in my answer and hit submit, There, you see how easy this is? Let's give it a try!
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

How many Trixie Belden books do you own? Are they anything like Nancy Drew books or the Hardy Boys? (And were they ghostwritten like those two I just mentioned?)
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
Trixie Belden
Honourary Narnian
Honourary Narnian

Post by Trixie Belden »

I have 27 books out of 39, including the oh-so-rare Mystery of the Galloping Ghost, the very last one. I got it for Christmas and it became one of my favorite books.

They are sort of similar to Nancy and the Hardy Boys, in the way that they solve mysteries. Trixie is four or five years younger then Nancy, and solves mysteries with her "club" the Bob-whites of the Glen. This club includes her best friend Honey, who is a millionaire's daughter, Honey's adopted older brother Jim, bad kid turned good Dan Mangan, Trixie's older brothers Brian and Mart, and Diana Lynch, who is the slightly ditzy beauty. Trixie does not have a boyfriend, although she has a crush on Jim. She would never admit it though!
I prefer Trixie to both Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys, because Trixie is REAL. She seems like she could be any girl, the way she has to do chores and babysit her little brother. She makes mistakes and doesn't always crack the case in the first three chapters. People laugh when she says she's a detective and she's gotten more than a few scoldings from the police!

The first six books were written by Julie Campbell under her own name. Then, when she gave up all rights to the series, several different authors took a swing at the series. These authors all used the name "Kathyrn Kenny". So in a sense, I suppose they were ghostwritten, although they were not originally intended to be that way.

There you go! A basic overview of the Trixie Belden series and my thoughts on it! \:D/
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

I'm in an asking mood, so here I go!
Do you like mysteries?
Why are you looking for a mystery?
When is your birthday?
Have you ever eaten ketchup with popcorn?
Have you ever been to Africa?
Do you like armidillos?
Do you think little brothers are a pain in the neck?
I'll stop for now!
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Trixie Belden
Honourary Narnian
Honourary Narnian

Post by Trixie Belden »

Do you like mysteries? Yes, yes, yes!!! Except when they actually happen to me, then they're truly creepy!
Why are you looking for a mystery? Because Trixie Belden is a mystery series and I just thought that it sounded fun.
When is your birthday? June 26.
Have you ever eaten ketchup with popcorn? No, but it doesn't sound all that bad! I have eaten sugar (not caramel) popcorn, which is awesome! \:D/
Have you ever been to Africa? Nope, I haven't been out of the United States. But I have been nearly everywhere inside the United States and lived on the east coast and the west coast.
Do you like armidillos? I guess...I never really thought about it before.
Do you think little brothers are a pain in the neck? I don't have a little brother, so I'm not an expert on them, but I'd have to say no. Now, little sisters are a whole 'nother story!
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Oooh...I have a birthday on June 3! We aren't so far apart.

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Trixie Belden
Honourary Narnian
Honourary Narnian

Post by Trixie Belden »

Man, you're older. #-o
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Just by 23 days! Not far!

Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

Do you like horses?
Do you like dogs?
How did you discover the ToO?
What type of books do you like to read?
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

How long have you listened to AIO?
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
Trixie Belden
Honourary Narnian
Honourary Narnian

Post by Trixie Belden »

Sapphire:
Do you like horses? I'd say that I do. I used to LOVE them.
Do you like dogs? Yes, yes, yes!!! I LOVE dogs! I have an adorable bichon frise named Daisy and I used to have a really calm, sweet dalmation.
How did you discover the ToO? I think that I discovered it though the Odyssey Scoop. (Thanks Jacob!) It's been so long now that I forget. I read for several months before my parents finally let me join.
What type of books do you like to read? Pretty much any types. I love mysteries, especially the Trixie Belden series. I collect and love to read books from before the 1940s. I think that the oldest books that I own was printed in 1880!

EMBEE
How long have you listened to AIO? Almost six years now. I heard of it through the 2002 Chick-fil-a tapes and I got the Bible Eyewitness and Star Spangled stories soon after. Then, a couple years ago I listened to an episode that scared me so much that I didn't listen again until last year. I'm catching up fast!
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

What episode scared you that much, may I inquire?
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
Fang-wa
Avian American
Avian American

Post by Fang-wa »

Where did your username originate?
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

To IN: I think it comes from the Trixie Belden Series.
As of myself: I just wanted to say that I think it's really cool to read old books! And I also like dalmations, but I don't have one.

Trixie Belden
Honourary Narnian
Honourary Narnian

Post by Trixie Belden »

What episode scared you that much, may I inquire? The "A Most" three parter. I didn't know any of the back story and for some reason I found it to be really creepy and sad. Now it doesn't really bother me, although I would never choose to listen to it.

Where did your username originate? MnT is correct, it was from the Trixie Belden series of books. Read the first question and answer if you want to know more about them! :)
Fang-wa
Avian American
Avian American

Post by Fang-wa »

Cool. :D What is your favourite kind of food?
Trixie Belden
Honourary Narnian
Honourary Narnian

Post by Trixie Belden »

Cool. What is your favourite kind of food? Hmmm, probably Italian food. My mom makes really good pasta sauce!
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

I love Italian. Next time I pass through your house, tell me when you're eating fettucine!

Fang-wa
Avian American
Avian American

Post by Fang-wa »

Coolio. :D What is your favourite thing about AIO?
Trixie Belden
Honourary Narnian
Honourary Narnian

Post by Trixie Belden »

What is your favourite thing about AIO? Probably the characters and how they are all so different and work together so well! Huzzah and Wooton!