The New Episodes...

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

The New Episodes...

Post by snubs »

So, what are you all expecting for the new episodes of AIO?? are you totally up for it?! \:D/ or are you afraid of what they might do..? :-k :anxious:

I personally am a bit scared... I mean, everyone I've talk to loves the older episode better than the new. So I think to make the show work - or better - they need to hack into what they had in the older episodes without making it feel like it is repeating.

I just think the newer episode are too watered down, and are too 'little kidish.'
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I am totally ready for the new episodes. It has been a long wait for new ones!! While I am a little nervous (and very curious) about the changes, I'm not going to rush to judgement since I haven't heard any of the new episodes yet. Having watched the last video podcast several times I am very curious about the new family (the Parkers) and the other new characters. Plus, it will be interesting to hear the "new" Whit after having Paul H for thirteen years.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

All I've been able to survive on is milking the old episodes for all they're worth in my room at two o'clock in the morning drawing anime Odyssey cartoons, most of which involve jokes about the recent episodes, over the summer. I NEED new Odyssey episodes. Otherwise, me and my sleep-deprived mind will go INSANE.

...Oh, wait--that happened years ago.
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

I agree with you all... I didn't know they were getting a new Whit.. :\
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

snubs wrote:I agree with you all... I didn't know they were getting a new Whit.. :\
Yep they did. If you listen to Darien's Rise (Passages #1) you can hear the new actor and judge for yourself.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
TigerintheShadows

I thought he did a really good job with the acting he did--I can't remember the Passages dramas that well (I, being the busy person on Saturday mornings that I am, only heard two), but what I do remember was that I thought, "Are they playing '80's eps again?" and then it started talking about Marus and Kyle and Anna and Darien and then I was like, "They're playing Passages! This is the new Whit narrating!" It was a rather pleasant surprise.
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
AIO tumblr sideblog
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Hmm... Well I hope he is good, because it just wouldn't be Odyssey without the a good Whit. But I'm sure the new actor has a lot of pressure trying to fill the role.

I haven't heard Passages yet... :( But I hope to soon. I mean, I know they are probably great!
JoyElectric
Hexadecimal teenager

Post by JoyElectric »

snubs wrote:So, what are you all expecting for the new episodes of AIO?? are you totally up for it?! \:D/ or are you afraid of what they might do..? :-k :anxious:

I personally am a bit scared... I mean, everyone I've talk to loves the older episode better than the new. So I think to make the show work - or better - they need to hack into what they had in the older episodes without making it feel like it is repeating.

I just think the newer episode are too watered down, and are too 'little kidish.'
I remember people mentioning the same thing -- the episodes where trite, the show was a little too silly, and stories went nowhere...

...back in 2000 :)

The show got something of a reboot that fall, and it looks like we might get that here in a few months.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Well, I hope I'll be surprised. I mean, I am pretty excited to hear them. ;)
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

The new Whit was a great narrator. But talking to Jack he sounded like a different person... >_>
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

I'll just have to see for myself...
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

I think I could get used to the new Whit. But in the latest podcast, Jack was not mentioned as returning. That makes me sad. I thought they only mentioned Whit, Connie, Eugene, and Wooton from the 'old' series. I hope I'm wrong. I have to listen to Album 50 again to remember why people think it's 'impossible' for Jason to return. I always thought he and Connie should wind up together age difference or not. I married a man 13 years older (I was 25 at the time for you 'youngsters'.
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
Dave
Classic

Post by Dave »

Jack and Joanne don't really have much of a role in Odyssey anymore, but hopefully we'll get to hear Jack in future adaptations of the Passages series.

I'm eagerly looking forward to the new episodes, but there's definitely a bit of "the fear of the unknown" with them as well.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

I looovvvee Jack Allen!! I would hate to see him go... :( I think the reason why I like him so much is because I'm kinda like him.
Reddo
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Reddo »

jennifertwt wrote: I have to listen to Album 50 again to remember why people think it's 'impossible' for Jason to return.
In accidental dilemma Jason was "killed" in an underground explosion, but as we all know he didn't die and it was a cover so that the whisperer thinks he's dead and Jason is really sitting on a beach in France drinking ice tea. If he were to come back to Odyssey people would see that he's still alive and word might back to the bad guys that were after him. So Jason won't be returning to Odyssey, however if you listened to the video podcast they say that just because Jason can't come to see Whit and the gang doesn't mean that Whit and the gang can't go see him . . . .
Reddo
aiowiki - we have a lot of info, check us out sometime
Peachey Keen
Smile for the camera
Post by Peachey Keen »

Actually,I thought that Jason said all the bad guys were put away and Tasha said there was one left which was the Whisperer.
I don't know why Jason can't come back to Odyssey if they're no more villians of his.
Dave
Classic

Post by Dave »

Because if Jason came back to Odyssey The Whisperer would escape from prison and hunt him down again. \:D/

Besides, I like the idea of international mysteries with Jason and Whit. Shows like "A Name, Not a Number" and "The Search for Whit" have proven to be very popular in the past, and I think Jason's too much of a spy for small-town Odyssey.
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

The thing I'm most excited about concerning the next season is the fact that my contest entry might be in The Inspiration Station! And I can hardly wait to find out why Connie is shaving Eugene's hair on the cover.
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
Jason Whits Son
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Jason Whits Son »

Yeah i cant wait for the new episodes. I fell behind in listening to Dariens Rise so Ill have to listen to those sometime, but from hat i did hear the ne hit ill take some getting used to. Does a good job though
TigerintheShadows

I want to hear all the new episodes when they come out--particularly "For the Birds," because we'll get to find out the reason why Eugene is letting Connie, of all people, give him a buzz cut. I also want to hear "Clutter," because we'll be introduced to the Parker family.
AIO tumblr sideblog