Black Friday

the #1 shopping day

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Peachey Keen
Smile for the camera
Black Friday

Post by Peachey Keen »

Tomorrow's Black Friday and I'm going to be in with the crowd hoping to get some good deals,especially at Game Stop.
So,

Do you like BF?
Where will you go on that day?
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

I might go to town and shop...but I've never done that on black Friday before. If I do, I hope I don't get trampled :anxious:

Till the end of the line.
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies
It’s my birthday

Post by J-man »

Nope, I'm working tomorrow. ;)
...I hate marquees.
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

Black Fridays are retarded. Beyond the fact that people are dumb for getting up in the middle of the night to get good deals, anything that involves people getting killed for money (or saving money, in this case,) is just plain retarded and not cool in the least bit. :noway:
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
Josef1004
Classic

Post by Josef1004 »

That's why I do my shopping on lion. I get just as good deals with the websites, and I do it at my leisure.
HORSE SENSE DWELLS IN A STABLE MIND.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Eh. No thank you. I'm not going to drag myself out of bed so freaishly early... Unless, of course, Premier Soccer is doing it. \:D/
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies
It’s my birthday

Post by J-man »

Evil Chick wrote:Black Fridays are retarded. Beyond the fact that people are dumb for getting up in the middle of the night to get good deals, anything that involves people getting killed for money (or saving money, in this case,) is just plain retarded and not cool in the least bit. :noway:
Haha, someone I know saw some people camped out at Best Buy at 10:00 this morning. :anxious:
...I hate marquees.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I think it's stupid. Getting up at one or two in the morning to wait in line. I'm not going early. If I go I'll go when I usually go. I don't have any Christmas shopping to do yet because I don't know what my family is doing for Christmas, it's a little early to be talking about that right now. Besides I'm not in the mood for Christmas anyway, so I'd rather stay home like I did today.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Baragon
Party Pooper

Post by Baragon »

I worked... 4:45-2... And it was busy but nothing like last year.

I don't know - I've never gone blackfriday shopping and don't intend to... I think it's all rather stupid. But that's just my opinion. ;)
Dr. Watson wrote:The main reason for the Civil War was so that rednecks can drive around with Confederate flags in their pickup trucks.
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

Being that I used to work retail, I now very happily stay far away from malls this weekend. =;
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Evil Chick wrote:Black Fridays are retarded. Beyond the fact that people are dumb for getting up in the middle of the night to get good deals, anything that involves people getting killed for money (or saving money, in this case,) is just plain retarded and not cool in the least bit. :noway:
You know, if the saying goes "great minds think alike", and considering how often we type each others thoughts, I suppose this bodes well for our minds, yes?

Apart from dittoing what EC said, I disliked it more this year b/c I had to work. At 6 am. And as a manager, it got even more annoying since, thanks to the confusing way the company did the ad this week, our sales weren't as high as we wanted.
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

Jonathan wrote:
You know, if the saying goes "great minds think alike", and considering how often we type each others thoughts, I suppose this bodes well for our minds, yes?
Heh... Yup. \:D/

And, another person is killed as a result of Black Friday. It makes me sick to my stomach.
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

I didn't engage in the Black Friday mayhem this past weekend, although I will participate in the Boxing Day festivities after Christmas. \:D/
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I didn't go out on Friday this year either, although I have in the past. \:D/ It's actually a lot of fun, in my opinion. The hustle and bustle, the Christmas music, getting some presents bought, eating out for lunch... :P
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
JesusIsAlive
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)

Post by JesusIsAlive »

I worked from 9 to 5:30 on Black Friday (after getting up at 4:30 to go shopping with my family. It's tradition. :p ). I thought shoppers this year were a lot kinder than in past years. We didn't have very many disgruntled customers at JoAnn Fabrics, either. In fact, the customers seemed more satisfied on Black Friday than at other times during this past month. So, can't say I disliked my Black Friday work experience, either. It was fun. \:D/