The Clique

Is it as ah-mazing as some people say?

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

The Clique

Post by TigerintheShadows »

I've read the Clique novels, and to be honest with you, I didn't like them whatsoever. They were filled with gossip and snobbery, and were quite mean-spirited. What do y'all think?
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I've never read them and probably never will.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

That sounds like a real clique...
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

I've never read them, nor heard of them. But I don't think I'd like such a mean spirited book because I have a tender and soft heart and don't like to hear, much less read, that kind of stuff.

Till the end of the line.
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

KODY 105 wrote:That sounds like a real clique...
Come to think of it, it does, and yet I know some cliques who aren't total snobs. (They don't even realize they have a clique, actually, but for those of use who can read between the lines...)
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

TigerintheShadows wrote:
KODY 105 wrote:That sounds like a real clique...
Come to think of it, it does, and yet I know some cliques who aren't total snobs. (They don't even realize they have a clique, actually, but for those of use who can read between the lines...)
I think I"m one of those people too, because in high school I could clearly see how there were cliques, and it seemed like the teachers were always so oblivious to them. That is something that always annoyed me, when the teachers would be all like 'we don't really have cliques here' and I'm all like "ha! yeah right, are you blind, just look around!" (muttered under my breath of course ;))

Till the end of the line.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Cliques are awesome, and I'm sure this book series is as well! \:D/