Fan Fiction

Are youse looking for quality electronics at a fair price? Well, come on down to The Electric Palace where we have everything youse are looking for! While money can't be earned by posting here, youse'll find great deals on nonsense of all kinds. So what are youse waiting for? Join the conversations that just don't quite fit anywhere else!
IamConnie
Gold Member

Fan Fiction

Post by IamConnie »

Hey everyone! I just wrote a AIO fan fic and I'm posting the story in short segments on my blog, which is this link here:http://thetoo.com/blog.php?u=6044. I'd like to also put a disclaimer on this. This is my first fan fic, so it may not be as consistent with the characters as I would like. Secondly, this is a short story, but it is the longest short story you will ever read. I can't write short stories. They all end up becoming novels. I hope you enjoy this, and let me know what you think! Also, I'd like to thank Chris and Sarah from the Unofficial AIO podcacst for inspiring some of this plotline. The story is called the Return, because it's full of characters you haven't heard from in a while. So anyway, enjoy!
They say all roads lead to Rome, and all roads lead through Indiana. But I say that in the world of Odyssey, all roads lead to Novacom.
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

I read the story. Keep me updated please! I don't visit the blogs on my own, so you will have to keep announcing here that you have new parts up.
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Wow, what an exciting start to the story! I didn't think that Jason would actually give her the recipe - I wonder if it's a clue of some kind. :-k I'm looking forward to reading more! :D
IamConnie
Gold Member

Post by IamConnie »

I'm posting the second segment now. I'm glad you're excited already. That means it's not as awful as I thought it was :D
They say all roads lead to Rome, and all roads lead through Indiana. But I say that in the world of Odyssey, all roads lead to Novacom.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I should have mentioned this before, but Inventor's Corner is a great place to read things that people have written, both AIO fanfic and other assorted stories, poems, songs, etc. :D You can join SBC: Inventor's Corner by going to the User Control Panel and clicking on Usergroups, and then join the group. :D

That was a great second part to the story! :D It sounded just like Connie with the "Nobody tells me anything!" and her discussion with Mitch. It's great that you posted more so soon! I'm definitely looking forward to more! :yes:
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

I can't find Inventor's Corner in the Usergroups...:(

Till the end of the line.
IamConnie
Gold Member

Post by IamConnie »

It was so much easier to write for Connie, since I identify with her a lot. I'm posting parts three and four today.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Shennifer wrote:I can't find Inventor's Corner in the Usergroups...:(
First the groups you are a member of will be listed, and then there will be a list called "Non-Memberships." If you haven't become part of Inventor's Corner yet, it will be under that list, under the name SBC: Inventor's Corner. :) I hope you find it!

IamConnie, you sure know how to throw in plenty of twists and turns, not to mention returning characters! :D This was one of my favourite lines:
Whit interrupted, saying, “Jason, this is your idea of lying low?”
“I was bored in Paris.”
I can totally hear Jason saying that. :lol: The Bernardisms were quite amusing as well, and I'm looking forward to seeing what happens with both the mystery and the relationship plotlines! :D
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Inventor's Corner remains sadly unfound :mecry:

Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

That's odd. :-k Are you just looking alphabetically? Because the order seems to be kind of random sometimes, so it would be best to look through the whole list. Unless you already are a member, in which case it would be listed under your Memberships.
IamConnie
Gold Member

Post by IamConnie »

I can't find Inventor's Corner either. Maybe it's an old group? I enjoyed writing that particular part for Jason to say. And I'm glad you like the Bernardisms. It's so hard inventing new ones that he would actually say. I'm posting part five and six today, so enjoy!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I believe that it's tough to come up with new Bernardisms, but you've done a good job and created some fun ones! :D Poor Connie - when it rains, it pours! :lol: Speaking of which, this is enough for me to love Wooton:
Wooton was helping Connie in the kitchen, and he had successfully invented two new flavors; a wod fam choc sod with Raspberry Ripple scoops, and a mint chocolate chip cookie dough flavor.
Those both sound super yummy! :drool: And it seems like Connie has some interesting things in her future.

As for the Inventor's Corner issue, the amazingly stupendous Darcie figured out the problem - somehow Inventor's Corner was changed to a hidden group, so non-members couldn't see it. I've changed it back so anybody can see and join it, so IamConnie and Shennifer, you both should be able to join now! :D I could move this thread to Inventor's Corner if you want, IamConnie - let me know!
IamConnie
Gold Member

Post by IamConnie »

I think my favorite Bernardism that I wrote is "you're acting stranger than a platypus". I thought those two ice cream flavors sounded good too. It's something I would personally love to try. I guess you could say I invented the combo, but I haven't actually tried it. I think it would be better to leave this thread here so more people can view it. Thanks, though! I'm posting part seven today.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

oh awesome, thanks Catspaw!

Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Platypus is a funny word to begin with, and of course Bernard saying it would make it even funnier! That was a good one. :yes: I also love one you had in chapter 7:
“Wooton, your mouth is opened wider than the Panama Canal. I could go spelunking in there,” he lowered his voice and muttered under his breath, “not that I’d want to.”
:lol:

You sure have been writing a lot in a short amount of time - good for you! And talk about plot twists! :thud: You make me want to be Connie...kind of. ;)

I'm glad that you can see Inventor's Corner now, Shennifer! \:D/
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

yeah me too \:D/

IamConnie
Gold Member

Post by IamConnie »

Why, thank you. It takes a twisted mind (like mine) to write twisting plots. :D I'm posting the eighth installment today. This is a fun one. I actually wrote it all last week, but didn't want to post it until I was finished.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I've often thought that Paul McCusker, as well as other AIO writers, have evil genius minds, so having a twisted mind is bound to be an asset! \:D/ It certainly has been more suspenseful to have to wait for the next chapter!

It was great to hear from Jared again - he's always fun! I like how you did the "quote unquote" thing with him - I could totally hear him saying that! :lol: Wooton and Connie are obviously great friends. I'm looking forward to seeing the end of the story!
IamConnie
Gold Member

Post by IamConnie »

Your wish has been granted! Today I'm posting the ninth and last installment of the story! Enjoy, and let me know what you think afterwards.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I do love a happy ending! I like how you involved PowerBoy in the story - that was cool. Thanks for sharing your story with us! \:D/