Baseball

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Fang-wa
Avian American
Avian American

Baseball

Post by Fang-wa »

So, the playoffs are nearly ended once the American League can fight it out enough to decide who's going to the World Series! \:D/ Discuss baseball here, the games, the playas, and your total luv for the game! 8-)
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

I only like the Tigers, and they just missed the playoffs. :(
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Stubborn
Expecting a battle

Post by Stubborn »

Baseballs is one of the only sports worth playing/watching. That and ice skating. \:D/
don't forget the rain.
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

I never liked baseball. I always did anything I could to avoid the unit in P.E., even to the point of asking my brother to twist my ankle. And whenever I go to a game, it's always on a group trip. And I never watch, I just walk around and socialize.
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I'm much more a football fan...

*moves thread to Harlequin* \:D/
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

The teams are set now—Yankees vs. Phillies.
Stubborn wrote:Baseballs is one of the only sports worth playing/watching. That and ice skating. \:D/
:highfive:
jasonjannajerryjohn
I revere the admins
I revere the admins

Post by jasonjannajerryjohn »

I'm really hating baseball and the world series right now because it is delaying Glee. :x
Peri: Do you mean the TARDIS is malfunctioning again?
The Doctor: Malfunctioning? [pause] Malfunctioning? MALFUNCTIONING!?
Fang-wa
Avian American
Avian American

Post by Fang-wa »

American Eagle wrote:I only like the Tigers, and they just missed the playoffs. :(
Owch.. :( Yeah I prolly wouldn't have rooted for the teams in there now, and I definitely not the Yanks. :x
Stubborn wrote:Baseballs is one of the only sports worth playing/watching. That and ice skating. \:D/
You ever played baseball on ice? \:D/
TigerintheShadows wrote:I never liked baseball. I always did anything I could to avoid the unit in P.E., even to the point of asking my brother to twist my ankle. And whenever I go to a game, it's always on a group trip. And I never watch, I just walk around and socialize.
And why did you not like it? What's not to like? :noway:
The Top Crusader wrote:I'm much more a football fan...

*moves thread to Harlequin* \:D/
:noway:
jasonjannajerryjohn wrote:I'm really hating baseball and the world series right now because it is delaying Glee. :x
:noway:
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Well, I would be more a baseball fan if the Reds could play an entire season well... they did GREAT this year, once it was basically impossible for them to make the playoffs. ;)

They haven't won the series, since what? 1990? Bleah. :(
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Invisible Ninja wrote:
TigerintheShadows wrote:I never liked baseball. I always did anything I could to avoid the unit in P.E., even to the point of asking my brother to twist my ankle. And whenever I go to a game, it's always on a group trip. And I never watch, I just walk around and socialize.
Because it's even more boring than football. :noway:
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Termite wrote:
Invisible Ninja wrote:
Quoted for trust. Baseball is a very slow sport. :yes:

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

So just because the players don't run back and forth across the field crushing their bodies against each other it's slow? :noway:
Some people need to learn to appreciate baseball not only when teams are scoring, but also when teams are doing a good job of preventing the other team from scoring. :yes:
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Chandler wrote:So just because the players don't run back and forth across the field crushing their bodies against each other it's slow? :noway:
Some people need to learn to appreciate baseball not only when teams are scoring, but also when teams are doing a good job of preventing the other team from scoring. :yes:
Baseball is like... here we go... let's wait a few minutes for the batter to be ready... he comes on the base... he hits home plate a few times... the pitcher throws! Foul ball, yippee! (Repeat this 3-5 times). The pitcher throws... wham!! There goes that ball... higher... to center field... and it's caught by the center fielder. (You repeat this for the next hours.) :roll:

I enjoy seeing who wins and looses, but I don't have the attention span to watch a long game. :)

TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

American Eagle wrote:
Termite wrote:
Invisible Ninja wrote:
...Yeah, Eagle pretty much pegged it.

At least with watching baseball. Playing it is even worse, especially for those of us like me with no hand-eye coordination--other than to hit a tennis or ping-pong ball--whatsoever and end up going out there in front of our gym classes full of our peers (who, as we all know, are at that age the only people whose opinions really matter) and humiliate ourselves.

The same can be applied for my opinion on football/flag football (except watching football I like. Roll Tide Roll, baby!). It's why gym class became something like dread for me.
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
aussie aio fan
OK
Post by aussie aio fan »

American Eagle wrote:Baseball is a very slow sport. :yes:
You obviously have never seen cricket. Now that's a slow sport.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

American Eagle wrote: Baseball is like... here we go... let's wait a few minutes for the batter to be ready... he comes on the base... he hits home plate a few times... the pitcher throws! Foul ball, yippee! (Repeat this 3-5 times). The pitcher throws... wham!! There goes that ball... higher... to center field... and it's caught by the center fielder. (You repeat this for the next hours.) :roll:

I enjoy seeing who wins and looses, but I don't have the attention span to watch a long game. :)
Just because that's the way one at-bat went doesn't mean they're all that way. ;)
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

Just most of them. ;)
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
V-lady
Miss Independent
Miss Independent

Post by V-lady »

Th only time I enjoy baseball is when I actually go to a game. Instead of having to watch the actual game, you can just goof off. :p

Yay for trying to see how many times you can get on the camera! \:D/
Fang-wa
Avian American
Avian American

Post by Fang-wa »

American Eagle wrote:
Termite wrote:
Invisible Ninja wrote:
And very mental, too. :inlove:

You people, the baseball haters, obviously do not have a high enough patience level to participate in such sports. This is the problem. I have lied on the ground for like five to ten minutes straight in several capture the flag games. Vive la snipers! (Even in nonviolent ctf!) \:D/

Hey I think I'm gonna start a fantasy baseball World Series in Odyssey 105 for anyone that wants to enter. I think I should be able to get the stats off MLB.com so I'll try for that.. :yes:
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Let's you baseball lovers sprint around on a field that's bigger than football fields for 90 minutes. :noway:

*cough* I just think it's boring. :- And rugby tops football any day. *runs out of thread*

EDIT: I could go on an hour rant about how mental soccer is, but I'll spare you all this time. =P
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein