Leaf Rakes

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!

What type of rake do you have?

Metal
27%
Plastic
55%
Stone
No votes
The Jonathan Option
9%
Wood
9%

Total votes: 11

DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Leaf Rakes

Post by DanP740 »

Seeing as the season of fall is upon us (meaning falling leaves here in the northern hemisphere), what type of rake do you have?
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

I don't use a rake. Instead I put old bedsheets on the ground right before the leaves are going to fall and then let the leaves all fall onto the sheets. The I collect all the leaves in the bedsheets and tie them up and throw them out. Much easier.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

My sister and I raked and mowed this afternoon. \:D/ Ironically, half of what we raked were leaves from our neighbors trees. :x
Last edited by Trent DeWhite on Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Rake? Who rakes a deck? :noway: And there's no raking in the front yard, either, considering it's only about 5x10ft. \:D/
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I have a metal rake. Haven't used it yet since not all of the leaves have fallen.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

I have at least one of each type. They are useful for different applications (ergo the name "stone rake").
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

I don't use a rake very often, but when I do they are plastic rakes.
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
Fang-wa
Avian American
Avian American

Post by Fang-wa »

What's the Jonathan option? :evillaugh:
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

I've never heard of a stone rake, but we own both plastic and metal (mostly plastic). Another option is a wooden rake, which I just used yesterday at a friends' house.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

Aw drat, I forgot wood. Can a mod add "Wood" to the poll?
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

Well, I have no wood rakes. Nor wooden rakes.

This is humor designed to poke fun at English's nuances of wood and wooden. This is not an attempt to make light of the user DanP740 or any statement of his.
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

DanP740 wrote:Aw drat, I forgot wood. Can a mod add "Wood" to the poll?
Added!

I have escaped raking so far this year, but I think we have some metal and some plastic rakes, with the metal ones being the older ones. When I was younger raking was a fun chore, but I have developed more of an aversion to it as my age has increased. ;)
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Soo... I just remembered I rake leaves off the leaf net that's on our pool. \:D/ Plastic for me!
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Our rakes are plastic...but we don't really rake any leaves. Most of our trees don't shed their leaves anyplace that's supposed to look nice, so we just run over them with the lawn mower and call it good. ;)
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
InHisArms
Still standing tall

Post by InHisArms »

Leaf blowers are the best. :noway: My siblings raked/blew over 600 pounds of leaves recently...and they're not done yet. We have a tiny yard but a lot of nice huge walnut leaves. :D
The good ol' ToO.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

We have a huge pecan tree in our backyard....so yay for my dad telling me to get out there when it's freezing and rake up the whole yard. :roll:

I used...uhh, the plastic one. The metal one we have annoys me.
andy0923
I'm fifteen, mom!

Post by andy0923 »

Personally, I like plastic ones for raking nicely landscaped yards.
And metal ones for raking out in the woods...Well, If I was to be raking out in the woods.
JOIN THE JONATHAN PARK MESSAGE BOARDS!
http://jpark.forum-motion.com/forum.htm
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I don't immediately recall ever using a plastic one... mostly wooden, occasionally metal...
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

We bought a big plastic one a couple weeks ago... it's a lot faster than our old metal ones (one of which broke).
StrongNChrist 1991-2011