Bernard's Advice Thread!

Ask away!

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Bernard Walton
Hexadecimal teenager

Bernard's Advice Thread!

Post by Bernard Walton »

Well, some of the kids got me to do this, but since I AM older and probably wiser than most of you youngsters, feel free to ask me advice on any given situation. I'll tell it like it is! :p
Bmuntz
Former Mayor

Post by Bmuntz »

I am having trust issues with other member on the board. He/She (I am not sure) doesn’t come through on there commitments. What should I do?
I like this snubs fellow.
General nuisance extraordinaire.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Bernard, you are my problem. I know that you're rather middle-aged, but I still find your sense of humour intensely attractive. Unfortunately, I'm afraid that if I tell others about this crush that I have on you, others might be jealous. How should I handle this situation? :-k

Also, in Poor Loser, did you really think that Connie had a crush on you, just because she wanted to talk to you? :-s
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Bernard Walton wrote:Well, some of the kids got me to do this, but since I AM older and probably wiser than most of you youngsters, feel free to ask me advice on any given situation. I'll tell it like it is! :p
Why am I so awesome? \:D/
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

You have quite a few siblings. What are some general tips you can give me for getting along with them?
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

Itaque wrote:You have quite a few siblings. What are some general tips you can give me for getting along with them?
That one sounds familiar... :-

How do you discreetly tell someone that they have bad breath?
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

How do you wash windows correctly?
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

Evil Chick wrote:How do you wash windows correctly?
I remember Bernard explaining his squeegee method to Eugene or someone in one episode. It was a very precise way, if I recall correctly.

I do hope Bernard comes back!
Robert Mitchell
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Robert Mitchell »

How do I make money quickly?
Vote RM for the *Unofficial*! | You Need to See This!
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

Robert Mitchell wrote:How do I make money quickly?
Easy--post as much as Chandler or Trent DeWhite! ;)
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

And J-man :anxious:
...I hate marquees.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Dr. Watson wrote:
Easy--post as much as Chandler or Trent DeWhite! ;)
Trent DeWhite? Post... much? :-
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

:lol:
Also, if you make longer posts, you make a lot more money.
...I hate marquees.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Just be sure your post has a decent amount of substance... ;)
Robert Mitchell
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Robert Mitchell »

Trent DeWhite wrote:Just be sure your post has a decent amount of substance... ;)
Why?
Vote RM for the *Unofficial*! | You Need to See This!
Eugene Blackgaard
Amadeo killed me!

Post by Eugene Blackgaard »

It'd be nice is Mr. Walton would ANSWER some of these. -_-;
ToO Comic - #1|#2|#3|#4|#5|#6|Filler#1|Filler#2|#7|#8|#9

In the darkness the Motherhood silently bakes cake and knits sweaters with love in every stitch.
Call me Sergeant Pepper.
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

Eugene Blackgaard wrote:It'd be nice is Mr. Walton would ANSWER some of these. -_-;
I believe he abandoned us.
Bernard Walton
Hexadecimal teenager

Post by Bernard Walton »

Well stuff me with spice and call me a chilli pepper! Where in the world was I when all these questions were being asked? Ah well, better late than never I suppose.
Bmuntz wrote:I am having trust issues with other member on the board. He/She (I am not sure) doesn’t come through on there commitments. What should I do?

You should go up to that person and say "HEY! COME THROUGH ON YOUR COMMITMENTS, YA LAZY BUM!"

Or, if that dosen't work you could always try asking him niceley, but, I prefer the straightforward version better. :noway:
Catspaw wrote:Bernard, you are my problem. I know that you're rather middle-aged, but I still find your sense of humour intensely attractive. Unfortunately, I'm afraid that if I tell others about this crush that I have on you, others might be jealous. How should I handle this situation? :-k

Also, in Poor Loser, did you really think that Connie had a crush on you, just because she wanted to talk to you? :-s
RATHER Middle Aged? Why, I'll have you know young lady that I-- what now... you find my humor attractive? Well, gee thanks! That's really nice of you to say that. Err... I mean, not that this is the first time a woman has ever told me that, ha ha, noo... *cough*

Anyways, you pretty much just blew your cover, kiddo, but you're far to young even for a strapping spring chicken like myself. Why don't you try someone more up your alley, like, say, Rodney Rathbone. Now he's a nice fella! *hack* Eh... chest cold. :anxious:

And as for Connie, of COURSE she had a crush on me! All the ladies around here do! But none of them cook... I mean... look as good as my Maude. O:)
Eon Spitfire EK V2.exe wrote:
Bernard Walton wrote:Well, some of the kids got me to do this, but since I AM older and probably wiser than most of you youngsters, feel free to ask me advice on any given situation. I'll tell it like it is! :p
Why am I so awesome? \:D/
Because of your amazing humility. :roll: Next!
Itaque wrote:You have quite a few siblings. What are some general tips you can give me for getting along with them?
If one of your older siblings suggest throwing the youngest sibling into a pit and selling him/her into slavery, for goodness sakes talk some sense into that sibling! Last thing we need is one of these kids ruling over Egypt. :noway:
Frank wrote:
That one sounds familiar... :-

How do you discreetly tell someone that they have bad breath?
My tried and true method. Buy some breath improving gum, and replace the package with juicy fruit or maybe the hot red kind. Then offer the stinker a piece of gum! With the switched package, he won't get your subtle message untill it's too late! :badgrin:
Evil Chick wrote:How do you wash windows correctly?
You hire Bernard Walton to do it for you. Next!
Itaque wrote:I do hope Bernard comes back!
Why, have I gone somewhere?
Well, I wouldn't know, but Bart Rathbone just "shared" with me his method the other day.

Step 1. Create a booklet entitled How to get rich quick.
Step 2. Sell it for 260 dollars a piece.
Step 3. Print in the book steps 1-4.
Step 4. Fill up yer swimming pool with all the cash and go for a dip!

Good ol' Bart. :p
Eugene Blackgaard wrote:It'd be nice is Mr. Walton would ANSWER some of these. -_-;
Well sell the farm and paint me blue, a hippy is giving me a lecture on laziness. It really is an upside down world.
Itaque wrote:
I believe he abandoned us.
Hey, I always finish what I start! Unless of course it's "Aunt Beatrice's Christmas FruitMeatloafCake Surprise".

Thanks for writing me everyone! I'll leave now, there are windows to be washed!

-B
Elf of Rivendell
random passerby elf
random passerby elf

Post by Elf of Rivendell »

Dear Bernard,

My sister and I share a bed, and she always moves around in her sleep and makes strange noises. What should I do?
sorrowing you must go, and yet you are not without hope

sarai: rice cookerrrr
uz: 'ice coakrrrrr!!
uz: that's like the next gen shad lexoooooorrrrr
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

My dearest Bernard,

Your rejection has hurt me deeply. :mecry: I had so hoped that we would be able to have a future together. Regarding your suggestion that I turn to Rodney, I first must ask if his tonsils are in good condition. I refuse to date a man with unhealthy tonsils. :noway:

I eagerly await your response, my dear Bernard. I think you look cute in your window washer's outfit. :inlove:

Yours,
Catspaw