Moving on up!

At the Second Church of Odyssey you'll find different ways of expressing your beliefs, finding prayer support or being encouraged through regular devotionals.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Moving on up!

Post by EK »

So, EKairi has decided to move the second church from it's lonely home in SBC to Old Gower Road, where everyone is free to view it without having to go join a group or whatnot! \:D/ This is more or less the simpler solution to getting more activity here. ;) I believe it was suggested before to move it into finneman's and that just didn't seem right, if we were going to move it, it would have to be part of the index. So huzzah! \:D/ Now i'll turn things back over to your "pastor" American Eagle! :D
InHisArms
Still standing tall

Post by InHisArms »

I now love you.

Well, I think you're awesome to listen to what the people are saying. \:D/ Thank you!
Beware, this post was written by a brainless sicko. Please ignore any part that doesn't make sense to you.
Last edited by InHisArms on Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The good ol' ToO.
Pseudonym
Pleasantly Confused
Pleasantly Confused

Post by Pseudonym »

So there's a field, an insane asylum, a radio station, an avenue, and a church all on the same road? Wow. That's one pretty cool road. Especially since it also has an avenue on it. \:D/
So you lost your trust,
And you never should have.
No, you never should have.
But don't break your back
If you ever see this,
But don't answer that.
In a bullet proof vest
With the windows all closed,
I'll be doing my best
I'll see you soon.
Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

Post by Irwin »

Can you make the subforums appear on the index? \:D/
Pseudonym
Pleasantly Confused
Pleasantly Confused

Post by Pseudonym »

Irwin wrote:Can you make the subforums appear on the index? \:D/
I'm not sure if they would be sub-forums anymore...

And my index is cluttered enough as it is. With Impolite Company right there at the top, overseeing everything else, and now Second Church... :(
So you lost your trust,
If you ever see this,
But don't answer that.
In a bullet proof vest
I'll be doing my best
I'll see you soon.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

He meant as subforums. ;) Yeah, I just fixed it... I was perplexed as to why they weren't showing up at first and then...voila simple fix. \:D/
Pseudonym
Pleasantly Confused
Pleasantly Confused

Post by Pseudonym »

Oh haha, never mind...

Well, at least I got to brag about having IC at the top of the index.
So you lost your trust,
If you ever see this,
But don't answer that.
In a bullet proof vest
I'll be doing my best
I'll see you soon.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

This is all very good news! I'm hoping that this will spark a fire and cause Second Church to be a common place of discussion again! On that note, as Pastor/Moderator of the church, I'm going to be doing two main things in the near future:
  1. Sermons. I'm doing a weekly sermon every Friday, starting with Sermon #1: Preach the Gospel. If anyone else would like to create devotions, express their faith in God or tell us what He has been showing you, feel free to do so! :yes:
  2. Prayer Weeks. This has yet to be announced, but is an upcoming addition to the Church! Every week, we'll be having a Prayer List; a list of people or things requested by ToOers that everyone pray for. I'm quite excited about this, because we can all spend a few minutes before we go to bed to pray for each other. O:) This will be starting sometime very soon, perhaps as early as tomorrow!
We may do some other things as well, but these two are somewhat of a foundation. Of course, everyone is free to participate in the normal thread topics! :D
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

I like the second idea a whole lot. I also like having this out like this. Now if I could get the show only the section I want to do so then I will be happy.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
InHisArms
Still standing tall

Post by InHisArms »

American Eagle wrote:This is all very good news! I'm hoping that this will spark a fire and cause Second Church to be a common place of discussion again! On that note, as Pastor/Moderator of the church, I'm going to be doing two main things in the near future:
  1. Sermons. I'm doing a weekly sermon every Friday, starting with Sermon #1: Preach the Gospel. If anyone else would like to create devotions, express their faith in God or tell us what He has been showing you, feel free to do so! :yes:
  2. Prayer Weeks. This has yet to be announced, but is an upcoming addition to the Church! Every week, we'll be having a Prayer List; a list of people or things requested by ToOers that everyone pray for. I'm quite excited about this, because we can all spend a few minutes before we go to bed to pray for each other. O:) This will be starting sometime very soon, perhaps as early as tomorrow!
We may do some other things as well, but these two are somewhat of a foundation. Of course, everyone is free to participate in the normal thread topics! :D
I love the last idea. \:D/ On CBH several times we complied a list of prayer requests and all spent some time at the same time praying for them. It was special to know that someone out there was praying for me at the same time I was praying for them. :)

Beware, this post was written by a brainless sicko. Please ignore any part that doesn't make sense to you.
The good ol' ToO.
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

I like the idea! :D
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

Do you think this will get more posting (my understanding of activity) or just views?
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I'm pleased with this arrangement! :yes: Easier to access and for people to see new posts.
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

KODY 105 wrote:Do you think this will get more posting (my understanding of activity) or just views?
Well, hopefully both, but even if it is the latter that's still better than having the church hidden away! \:D/
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

I like having this out in the open like this.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Agreed. :yes:
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

Tyler wrote:
KODY 105 wrote:Do you think this will get more posting (my understanding of activity) or just views?
Well, hopefully both, but even if it is the latter that's still better than having the church hidden away! \:D/
That is a good point. It does make the main screen bigger, though. Hm...
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

So in recent light of American Eagle stepping down as the Second Church pastor and taking a LOA, EKairi has made the decision to turn the position to our other choice for pastor Brad Dillard (also known as Regis Blackbeard)! Let's give him a hand! =D>
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Very good! I'm pleased with this choice. Blessings to you, Regis! May God bless your efforts here. :D
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

Thanks guys. I won't change too many things. The major change is that we will go from sermons to food for thought.
ImageImageImage
logos linked