Faith Like Potatoes

One of the most powerful movies ever made.

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Faith Like Potatoes

Post by American Eagle »

Wow. All I can say is, wow. I'm wowed at God. How awesome He is!

I just finished watching Faith Like Potatoes. This movie is incredible, beyond words. I laughed, I cried, and I want to stand up and cheer. The accident scene was so powerful; I had my hands over my mouth for several minutes. But they didn't just have a graphic scene for nothing. A man was saved by it! Praise God! (In the film, of course.)

This gave such an awesome representation of the power of God! I want to clap and cheer for it. The characters were perfect, and it's just all awesome. I fully recommend it (some ungodly contest, however; read Dove's review). This is by far my favorite Christian film, and certainly in my top 5 movies of all-time. =D>

Any opinions on this movie? Has anyone else seen it?
Last edited by American Eagle on Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

My family and I loved that movie! My mom loved it so much that we got it for her birthday! :D It is a really awesome movie.
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I don't think I can watch it... the review page lists that it contains nudity. :(
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

The Top Crusader wrote:I don't think I can watch it... the review page lists that it contains nudity. :(
I don't remember seeing any nudity in it. :-k
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Sapphire wrote:
The Top Crusader wrote:I don't think I can watch it... the review page lists that it contains nudity. :(
I don't remember seeing any nudity in it. :-k
Yeah... there isn't. Dove just put that because it has shirtless men. Top, you can withstand a guy without a shirt... ;) You should watch the movie. :yes:
Last edited by American Eagle on Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Pseudonym
Pleasantly Confused
Pleasantly Confused

Post by Pseudonym »

But a woman wears a tank top. :(
So you lost your trust,
And you never should have.
No, you never should have.
But don't break your back
If you ever see this,
But don't answer that.
In a bullet proof vest
With the windows all closed,
I'll be doing my best
I'll see you soon.
Kairi
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Kairi »

And a married couple kiss. :(
*CAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW*
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

I'm sorry to have polluted your adult minds, guys. ;)

But really, those aren't sensual scenes at all. The husband and wife kiss good-bye, and the man doesn't have a shirt on because he works in the blazing heat all day (although 95% of the time he is still wearing a shirt). I can't remember the wife wearing a tank-top, but all the scenes are very brief and I wouldn't worry about it. ;)

Now that I've proven your joke wrong, go watch the movie! \:D/

Pseudonym
Pleasantly Confused
Pleasantly Confused

Post by Pseudonym »

There are eight counts of using a profanity AND a man yelling at other men and you tell us to watch this sort of thing? :noway: I expected better from you. :noway:
So you lost your trust,
And you never should have.
No, you never should have.
But don't break your back
If you ever see this,
But don't answer that.
In a bullet proof vest
With the windows all closed,
I'll be doing my best
I'll see you soon.
Iron and Light
Night is Falling
Night is Falling

Post by Iron and Light »

And the topless men, even while working, isn't exactly good. :\

Not to mention the woman in her tank-top. I could never let my brothers see that :noway:.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Ooh boy... alright, don't watch it. Better yet, watch it with ClearPlay. \:D/

Samurai Neil
Popsicle kid

Post by Samurai Neil »

American Eagle wrote:Ooh boy... alright, don't watch it. Better yet, watch it with ClearPlay. \:D/
ClearPlay would probably edit out the healing scene. :(

:lol: :lol: :lol:
COMING SOON: RANDOM ECONOMY TEXTBOOK QUOTES
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Samurai Neil wrote:
American Eagle wrote:Ooh boy... alright, don't watch it. Better yet, watch it with ClearPlay. \:D/

And especially the accident scene. ;)

Samurai Neil
Popsicle kid

Post by Samurai Neil »

American Eagle wrote:
Samurai Neil wrote:

And especially the accident scene. ;)
Yeah, that and you winking, really makes for some family UNFRIENDLY scenes. And the scene where the Pastor mentions David. Hm. Maybe that's what Dove meant: "Contains references to grown men dancing in their underwear.
COMING SOON: RANDOM ECONOMY TEXTBOOK QUOTES
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Such an awesome quote you had to say it twice. ;)

But yeah... that was a little weird. :-

Iron and Light
Night is Falling
Night is Falling

Post by Iron and Light »

Nope, I've already seen it- and without ClearPlay because ClearPlay doesn't have a filter for it \:D/.. and even if it did, i wouldn't watch it with ClearPlay. So. ;)
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Iron and Light wrote:Nope, I've already seen it- and without ClearPlay because ClearPlay doesn't have a filter for it \:D/.. and even if it did, i wouldn't watch it with ClearPlay. So. ;)
Did you like the movie, I&L? What did you think of it?

Iron and Light
Night is Falling
Night is Falling

Post by Iron and Light »

American Eagle wrote:
Iron and Light wrote:Nope, I've already seen it- and without ClearPlay because ClearPlay doesn't have a filter for it \:D/.. and even if it did, i wouldn't watch it with ClearPlay. So. ;)
Did you like the movie, I&L? What did you think of it?
It was pretty good. An excellent example of what the Lord can do.

I won't comment on the movie, acting, cinematography, etc... It wasn't the main point of the movie, after all. The message was good, so I don't really care about the rest.
Stop Wooton' Around
Wooton rocks!
Wooton rocks!

Post by Stop Wooton' Around »

*thread merged*

Is the movie out if so what is it about and do you like it? I saw the preview for the movie in the bonus features of Fireproof.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

I'm pretty sure it was originally released in South America in October 2006, but in the United States in 2009. My brother bought me a copy for Christmas 2009. I created a thread about Faith Like Potatoes around that time, because I loved it! Very few films tear me up, but this movie did so (in two different scenes). It recieved an A+ when I first saw it.

The movie has some drinking, smoking and swearing towards the beginning of the film, and there's a tragic scene. Otherwise, I highly recommend it for everyone.