Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize

Post by The Top Crusader »

For... what exactly? :-s Even his supporters will admit that he hasn't actually done much of anything yet. :-s

Although the Nobel whatever people said its because of what he has promised or something like that... but you'd think they'd wait until he was out of office or almost done or something... >_>
Kairi
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Kairi »

He doesn't need to do anything. He is the One.

/endsarcasm
Uh, okay then. :-s I can understand Person of the Year, but the Nobel Peace Prize? What? :-s
*CAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW*
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

I was shocked when I heard about it. I am not sure he deserved it. :anxious:
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
SivartM
Hamster
Hamster

Post by SivartM »

All I can say is that he'd better have done something to deserve it by the end of his term. :P
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

Well, didn't he have all the Muslims in other countries cheering for him, unlike when they would chant, "Satan-- America!" when Bush was president?
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

SivartM wrote:All I can say is that he'd better have done something to deserve it by the end of his term. :P
My feelings exactly. He's done nothing except make everything worse.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Pseudonym
Pleasantly Confused
Pleasantly Confused

Post by Pseudonym »

Drudge sums up my feelings on the news: "For what?" <_<

He says he'll take it as a "call for action." Erm, okay... :-s I thought the prize was for people who have ALREADY DONE some action, not just talked about it. :-s
So you lost your trust,
And you never should have.
No, you never should have.
But don't break your back
If you ever see this,
But don't answer that.
In a bullet proof vest
With the windows all closed,
I'll be doing my best
I'll see you soon.
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

Ridiculous. They lost the last shred of respect I had for them...but most of that was gone since Al Gore got it anyway.
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

I'd give it to Al Gore before Yassir Arrafat (or however it is spelled...)...
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

^True. xD

Yeah, my reaction was "What?! Seriously? For what? O_O".
...I hate marquees.
Iron and Light
Night is Falling
Night is Falling

Post by Iron and Light »

Yeah, Obama hasn't done anything to deserve it. I'd give it to Al Gore before him, and I wouldn't even give it to Al Gore... maybe an environmentalist award or something along those lines, but not the Nobel Peace Prize... and I wouldn't give ANYTHING to Obama.

Now I'm not someone who goes against anyone just because they're a democrat. I'm not a republican- I'm an independent and will vote for a democrat or a republican- whichever one I like the best regardless of their political orientation. But seriously, Obama hasn't done anything to help our country. He's only sunk it further down the toilet of doom.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

For being more peaceful than the previous president? :shrugs:
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

Which he hasn't...since he's continuing "Bush's wars" and adding more troops to Afghanistan. I think even Obama is confused.
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

I didn't get this when I saw it earlier. What has Obama accomplished? :-s Yeah... but looking back at the recent winners, none of them probably deserved it. :roll: Nobel Peace doesn't have much credibility left in my eyes.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Jeremy
Smile for the camera

Post by Jeremy »

I agree with the others who posted above me that the Nobel Peace Prize has become a joke. Even Obama admitted that he didn't deserve it, and the AP said that he hadn't accomplished anything. :noway:

Jeremy
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

*refrains from defending Obama*

I have a feeling if I did such I would be torn to shreds. :anxious:
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Jennifer Doyle wrote:Which he hasn't...since he's continuing "Bush's wars" and adding more troops to Afghanistan.
Er, that's not really something he could avoid. :-$
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

Chandlah wrote:
Jennifer Doyle wrote:Which he hasn't...since he's continuing "Bush's wars" and adding more troops to Afghanistan.
Er, that's not really something he could avoid. :-$
Agreed. He probably shouldn't have campaigned like he would instantly end the wars and bring the troops home then...but that's just one more thing in the list of campaign promises he made that he has yet to fulfill.

And Tyler, defending Obama is always a terrible choice, but especially here when he himself is even flabbergasted and confused about the prize hahahah :lol:
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Tyler wrote:*refrains from defending Obama*

I have a feeling if I did such I would be torn to shreds. :anxious:
Eh, I know plenty of total Obamamaniacs who are completely shocked he won; even though they like him they don't think he has done enough to win a huge honor...
Oba-rai
Blackgaard Prankster
Blackgaard Prankster

Post by Oba-rai »

I'm just going to say, "For what?"

Because Obama winning the Nobel Peace Prize implies that he's done something to get it... other than looking pretty and being a darker colour skin than all previous presidents.
they may be copper,
annoying little coins! but,
they might be giants.
save your pandas: vote racecar!