Racers Unite!

Running, rowing, cycling, etc.

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Linne
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Linne »

I enjoy running when I don't have to. :D Actually, I'm doing track next year, I was too late to do it this year. I run the, uh....100m. I can run the mile at most, but I'm so about of training my fastest time lately was....7min 45sec. :oops:
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Bearliz wrote:I enjoy running when I don't have to. :D Actually, I'm doing track next year, I was too late to do it this year. I run the, uh....100m. I can run the mile at most, but I'm so about of training my fastest time lately was....7min 45sec. :oops:
That's not bad . . . I haven't recently tested myself, but I can do a mile between 6:30 and 7 mins, depending on my energy level on any particular day. :-k

Our homeschooling group runs a track meet every June. I prefer the 800m. I typically end up 3rd or 4th in the 100m, and usually 2nd or 3rd in the 400m. #-o
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

Trent DeWhite wrote:
Frank wrote:
Trent DeWhite wrote:
Trent DeWhite wrote:Ran 4K in 17 minutes today. Very exhausting. #-o
For my American friends who don't appreciate the metric system, that approximately 2.5 miles. My pace averaged out to 8.8 miles per hour. I don't generally run that fast. :noway:
Thank you. We Americans have no appreciation whatsoever for the metric system. Kinda goofy of us to ignore the system of measurements that the rest of the world uses. :insane: :insane:
Hey . . . I never said you don't appreciate the metric system. :noway:
Hmph. :insane:

As far as racing goes...I've never done any sports or anything except Awana games on the Awana game circle. :D
Linne

Post by Linne »

I'm not the only one!!! j/k. But I'm definietly a sprinter, I would never DREAM of long distance. I can't remember how my last track meet went, a few years ago. I think it went badly, because I had hurt my side just before that, and couldn't really run. :(

My brother astounds me though, his coach wants him to do cross-country. :shock: I don't know how he can, I'm just flabbergasted.
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

I am not a racer at all..
...I hate marquees.
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

J-man wrote:I am not a racer at all..
Join ze club.
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

A nonracer club? :anxious:
...I hate marquees.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Bearliz wrote:I'm not the only one!!! j/k. But I'm definietly a sprinter, I would never DREAM of long distance. I can't remember how my last track meet went, a few years ago. I think it went badly, because I had hurt my side just before that, and couldn't really run. :(
I would consider myself decently fast at sprinting. But not when it comes to track . . . at least not compared to other runners. :noway:
Berliz wrote:My brother astounds me though, his coach wants him to do cross-country. :shock: I don't know how he can, I'm just flabbergasted.
I typically try to run 3-4 miles a couple times a week. Ultimately, though, I'd like to run a 10K sometime this year.
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Linne

Post by Linne »

Like...at a time!? Wow. :worship: More power to you, I stand amazed!
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Bearliz wrote:Like...at a time!? Wow. :worship: More power to you, I stand amazed!
Eh? :-s
Linne

Post by Linne »

You can run 3-4 miles at a time? That's amazing in my opinion, cuz I run like....50m before I'm ready to quit.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Bearliz wrote:You can run 3-4 miles at a time? That's amazing in my opinion, cuz I run like....50m before I'm ready to quit.
Ah, you mean running 3-4 miles without stopping. :)

You get tired after only 50m? Well, you seem to do alright when you run a mile. :anxious:
Linne

Post by Linne »

Yeah, but .....*looks around* I had to stop and walk a couple times to make that mile. :-$
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Bearliz wrote:Yeah, but .....*looks around* I had to stop and walk a couple times to make that mile. :-$
Yet you finished the mile in less than 8 minutes. =D>
Linne

Post by Linne »

I must have some hidden potential or something. :D
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Indeed, you must. :)

Speaking of which, I'm planning on running another 3+ miles today. However, seeing as how I don't want to run in the rain, I'm probably going to hit the gym and utilize one of their treadmills. :-k
Linne

Post by Linne »

Now, there's something I wouldn't mind getting, so I could run in the comfort of my own home. The track at my school, well, it isn't really a track, you just around the main building, and you ahve to go up and down a couple little hills,a nd around a lot of curves.....and through a wind tunnel. :roll:
Agentpaw
Eh, whats up doc?

Post by Agentpaw »

I LOVE running! :yes:
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

alex wrote:I LOVE running! :yes:
Long distance? Short distance? Around the house? :anxious:
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Trent DeWhite wrote:Around the house? :anxious:
Does that count? =P~