The Fenix Interview

3 year anniversary!

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

I AM wanting to thank you for putting all this together, bookworm! :) It's so much fun to read... probably as much fun for newer members who weren't here as for the older members. It does make me wish more then ever that I had joined this amazing place a year or two earlier, though. :(

And obviously, Thank you to Shadowpaw and Fenix for putting it all together. It must have been a crazy amount of fun, but also a lot of work!

PS. I'm not just trying to bump the thread, btw... bookworm wanted to add something to this thread without double posting. :) I look forward to seeing it!
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Thank you for expressing appreciation. I can never tell if I am entertaining people with my obsession, or annoying them. :P
Yes, I would like to think it is just as informative to those who were not here when it happened. I guess I did my job if that's how it turned out. :)
And there's nothing wrong with bumping ;)

Anyway, I apologize for the anticipation my request may have caused. I should have explained myself better perhaps.
I don't have an addition to this, specifically, (at least not right now :P) I just wanted to make a comment to Shadowpaw that was seperate from the last post, so it was able to be differentiated.
But it seems he has gone once more? I hope not, I still have questions for him.
Anyway, here it is in case he is able to get back here sometime:

It amazes me how every single thing you did/said with Gabriel stayed in character. You must have really thought about it!

My favorites:
Gabriel Dragsack wrote:Imagine what it must have been like to think he was dead, frozen in carbonate, and then to come back to life!
hilarious
Gabriel Dragsack wrote:I know people will come to know me very well over the next few months. Great things are going to happen!
That sends some chills in hindsight.
Gabriel Dragsack wrote:Now you, I could totally see winning legitimately!
As you said, great clue slipped in there.
Gabriel Dragsack wrote:Or maybe once I win, I'll imprison my running mate and appoint you in his place!
:lol: :lol: enough said
Gabriel Dragsack wrote:I was referring to your degrees... what would I want with a virus? Eck! :sickly:
indeed
Shadowpaw wrote:I think my favorite part of Gabriel is that he was willing to insult everyone even if he pretends he's not.... he'll casually make himself sound just as awful as everyone else making it sound like it's ok
again, brilliance
Gabriel Dragsack wrote:you have my solemn promise I will not attack you like I have again tonight.
I loved this. :lol: Always watch the wording.
Gabriel Dragsack wrote:Ah -- you're married to Edwin?? :bolt:

I'm fine -- and normal. :anxious:
too funny
Gabriel Dragsack wrote:as you said, I'm a "local yokel" and likely have no concept of what it means to be a Blackgaard
love that one too :lol:
Gabriel Dragsack wrote:
Robo wrote:So since you won... Am I a mod, now?
No.
This one made me literally laugh out loud. :P
Again, incredible work Shadowpaw! :D
StrongNChrist
A Silent Prayer Warrior

Post by StrongNChrist »

I love the last one with Robo! The others made me smile but that one just made me crack up. I love these \:D/
~Forever at her Savior's side.~
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

bookworm wrote:Thank you for expressing appreciation. I can never tell if I am entertaining people with my obsession, or annoying them. :P
Yes, I would like to think it is just as informative to those who were not here when it happened. I guess I did my job if that's how it turned out. :)
And there's nothing wrong with bumping ;)

Anyway, I apologize for the anticipation my request may have caused. I should have explained myself better perhaps.
I don't have an addition to this, specifically, (at least not right now :P) I just wanted to make a comment to Shadowpaw that was seperate from the last post, so it was able to be differentiated.
But it seems he has gone once more? I hope not, I still have questions for him.
Anyway, here it is in case he is able to get back here sometime:

It amazes me how every single thing you did/said with Gabriel stayed in character. You must have really thought about it!
I'm still hovering! Though I'm not sure your post contained any questions, so if you have some, feel free to post them here!

And thanks! I'm glad everyone enjoyed the experience. Staying in character with Gabriel actually wasn't that hard... haha, making sure I was logged in as Gabriel was the hard part. I can't tell you how many times I was about to hit submit when I looked down and saw "Logout [ Shadowpaw ] " at the bottom of the screen... that would have been disasterous, and I probably accidently did once or twice and then quickly covered my tracks without anyone catching on. As some may recall, Shadowpaw took a leave of absence around this time from the board and one of the driving factors of that was to ensure I stopped logging in as Shadowpaw and focused entirely on Gabriel to further develop him. It's not very difficult to "act" like a different person on a message board, and looking back at the posts, the structure of his posts were VERY similar to the structures of my posts, but I was able to mask a lot of things through the use of smilies. Also, he had a very distinct condescending/sarcastic personality...

I needed people to get attached to him, positive or negative, and while I did set out from the beginning to make him someone everyone loved, it proved too difficult. I couldn't make him lovable without him coming across as fake and while I might manage in making everyone on the board like him, that wasn't a strong enough emotion to make the storyline have an impact. So I turned to the stronger of the emotions several weeks into the story and the one that's a lot easier to acheive... passionate dislike and even hatred. Insult someone or their friends, apologize, and do it again and repeat this for a long period of time and you'll make a lot of enemies. So in writing as Gabriel, I just would always think "How can I be mean but not cross a line so far that an apology will never be accepted?" I also had to think "How far can I go before I, as Shadowpaw, would need to step in and ban this guy?"

It was also a lot of fun being mean. ;)
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Shadowpaw wrote:I'm not sure your post contained any questions
As a matter of fact, it did not. That would be in Talk to the Paw. It was a followup to a followup, so it probably got missed. I will clarify over there, and also post my next one. :)
Shadowpaw wrote:I can't tell you how many times I was about to hit submit when I looked down and saw "Logout [ Shadowpaw ] " at the bottom of the screen... that would have been disasterous
Haha, I love these little inside incidents you’re revealing.
Shadowpaw wrote:Insult someone or their friends, apologize, and do it again and repeat this for a long period of time and you'll make a lot of enemies.
Absolutely brilliant insight :P
Shadowpaw wrote:I also had to think "How far can I go before I, as Shadowpaw, would need to step in and ban this guy?"
Good point, I never thought of it that way. There sure were a lot of things to consider because of the magnitude.

EDIT:

In the interest of fulfilling Shadowpaw’s wish that there was some sort of central archive of Regisville Story Arc information (which he expressed to me in a PM) I am going to include a few more arc related items.

Here are a couple screenshots that are not mine, but I think they are very interesting. I don’t recall who posted them, but it was someone who was able access one of the clone accounts and infiltrated their faction and forum.
They posted them in the public forums as evidence of what was going on.
*tsk tsk* shame on you Shadowpaw! But I forgive you.

And I will also include the excellent ToO Timeline Shadowpaw created.
It is a very nifty guide to how things played out and fit together.
Shadowpaw wrote:This is a basic list of important (and some not so important) facts about the timeline of events of the board (as much as the board is supposed to know):

April 1: The Town of Odyssey Created
May 1: AREM shows up, warning of impending doom
May 1: Shadowpaw is de-admined / jailed and renamed 1115100040
May 1: First term elections draw to a close
May 2: Ballots announced as missing, results not revealed.
May 3: Bennett Charles stages an illegal takeover of the Town Odyssey, destroys AREM and claims Margaret Faye has given her blessing.
May 3: Citizens race to solve AREM's final clues, discovering a couple of account with information to help bring down Charles.
May 3: The real results are uncovered and Bennett Charles is brought down. Shadowpaw imprisons him and AREM is treated like a hero.
May 3 onward: Margaret Faye is not heard from again and Bennett Charles is imprisoned.

More information can be obtained from this thread and this thread.

July 12: Shadowpaw pms "Secret Informant" about an opportunity
July 20ish: A bug in the board cripples the town and some accounts are deleted
July 21: Rachael is the first to discover Blackgaard's DNA is missing
July 21 onward: Hank Murray, Professor Bovril, Abdul, Tasha Forbes, Richard Maxwell, Alfred Brownlee, and Jellyfish appear
July 23: Mysterious guest post appears in Crestwood, once decrypted leads people to believe the DNA will be auctioned off
July 24: Auction begins, the DNA is up for auction and villains/members bid for it
July 24: AREM returns to the board, dropping strange cryptic clues related to the auction and the people bidding
July 24: NSA shuts down the banks to prevent people from bidding on the stolen goods
July 25: Abdul robs members of the Blackgaard clan
July 25: Bank accounts re opened at the close of the auction, citizens realize their accounts have been drained of funds
July 25: Various villains rounded up and sent to prison, all with motives.
July 26: Prisoners released on bail, NSA conducts investigation and forces prisoners to answer questions. Glossman is revealed to have been controlling AREM and escapes with the DNA once everyone realizes they have been played.
July 26: Alfred Brownlee reveals he had figured it all out and was trying to help
July 26: Eugene Blackgaard reveals Richard Maxwell was the first AREM and different from this one
July 26 onward: Richard Maxwell not heard from again

This is easy to follow in the recap posted here, minus a few elements that were only recently introduced.

Everything remains calm, for a while.

April 15 onward: Nearly all stocks begin to fall
May 3: Bennett Charles released from prison.
May 5: Bennett Charles manipulates members to donate money to him to start a faction
May 7: Bennett Charles creates "The MAC Lovers" (using Robo to buy it and Eugene Kendall to lead it) with trouble makers making up the faction. It's a front for anti-Shadowpaw propaganda and eventually turns into anti-administration
May 18: Margaret Faye sends out a distress private message to DanP740
May 28: Secret Informant arrives, using the account to protect his real identity and announces that on July 12 he received a private message from Shadowpaw the previous year that may have some relevance today
May 30: Margaret Faye sends out a distress private message to OrigamiKid
June 12: Shadowpaw discovers the existence of the "MAC Lovers" faction and shuts it down
June 21: Shadowpaw last seen in public
June 23: Davari Hassan joins the board, making threats
June 24: Davari and the Red Scorpions kidnap Catspaw, Me, Eeyore, NatetheGreat, Rachael, Kris Doyle, Evil Chick, and J-man and demands $20,000 ransom to release them
June 25: Dr. Watson pays the ransom and Davari releases all but Catspaw, Me, and Eeyore
June 26: Davari demands the three hand over the ruku virus and TA-418 or he will kill a victim
June 26: Catspaw, Me, and Eeyore refuse, Margaret Faye is killed and reveals that she went missing because she uncovered a timeline of events and has hidden it in an abandoned user account. A series of riddles will eventually lead the board to this account where the timeline will be made known.
June 26: Project D.O.L.L.Y. appears on the stock market
June 28: Margaret Faye leads the town back to Secret Informant.

That's the story that you know thus far...

This thread (while keeping its original name, since that was the reason I started it) can now be considered The Complete Regisville Story Arc Archive as far as “extras” go.
If you have something you think should be added, please PM me. (although I think we have about added everything by now :P)