The Fenix Interview

3 year anniversary!

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

As long as I have this space available, I'm going to use it to catalog some more items from my archive.

The following are the election sigs that the Gabe and Fenix platform gave out to voters.

The thread has been lost, and I don’t remember the exact details, but the basics were as follows.

Fenix and Gabe made these sigs and offered people money to use them. It was a certain amount per post. All someone needed to do was put one of these as their signature. They didn’t even have to actually support Fenix and Gabe in the election.

I think this was a brilliant idea and want to display them because they are hilarious.

KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

Those signature pictures were amusing!
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

These were all epic! I loved all these sigs back in the day, and they're fun now too! :D These were so creative and funny. Fenix did a great job with these. :yes: Thanks for sharing them with us!
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

Oh man, those were the days... \:D/
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Haha, I don't believe I had ever seen all of those. Thanks for the new sig! \:D/
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

WOW there's a lot of those.
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Chandler wrote:Haha, I don't believe I had ever seen all of those. Thanks for the new sig! \:D/
I know, they are great for actual sigs now! :D
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

My friend and I just went through all the signatures. They were very amusing! Huzzah to whoever worked so hard on them! \:D/
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Speaking of sigs... bookworm yours is HUGE. :mad:
Last edited by jelly on Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

Awww, thanks for saving all those bookworm! I'm sure Fenix has got them lying around somewhere, but I haven't been able to see most of those in years. Hahaha, I still remember when we were writing those... we had a blast!

Fenix was a machine when it came to this stuff. I don't remember how much or how little I've ever publicly revealed regarding the process (I recall doing some audio commentary on the whole arc a couple of months after it was over with... but don't know what I said) but Fenix called me over to his house to show me the platform and "some" signatures he had been working on. I think at the time he had only made a few of them and had taken screen captures of Lord of the Rings, Spiderman, Chronicles of Narnia, and Pirates of the Carribean and wanted my input. I think I never laughed so hard reading these things at the time, especially knowing where I was going with the storyline and our ingenious plot device (as bookworm laid out) to PAY people to advertise for us. So many David O and JesusFreak supporters used our signatures because we bought them off. The whole point, of course, was to mask how many true supporters we really had by causing confusion and to make our numbers look much larger (and the outcome of the election more believable). I think I laughed out loud at every single one of these re-reading them today... and I don't do that very often. Haha, I guess I should be more humble... but I find this stuff hilarious. ;o)

I would say Fenix was mostly the comic genious behind most of these signatures though... I tweaked the punchlines on some of them and we added the television shows later (incidentally, mine and Fenix's favorite shows... something in retrospect that might have been used to tip people off that I was behind it since I was publicly very vocal about my love for these shows) but our intentions were not to hide our goal. While we did it with humor, we basically hit people over the head with our plan... we were going to buy you off and you were going to vote for us. It was a very, very fun time.

Thanks again bookworm... and this gives me an idea for a new thread!
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

Look who joined us for a few mins.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Well goodness me, look who it is!
You are too kind Shadowpaw, that was all your doing. All I did was get obsessed with it.
You’re welcome though. :)

Thanks for the behind the scenes insight, that’s great. And no you shouldn’t be humble, those are hilarious!

An audio commentary? Here is finally something I don’t know about. :P It is accessible anywhere?

Yes the plan was clear, and brilliant if I may say so.
Honestly, buying votes? If you can’t trust the good doctor to run an honest campaign who can you trust?
Seriously though, I did catch on to what you were up to. After the fact, admittedly, but before it was all explained. The election had to be a tie for the arc to continue (or start, depending on your view), but if you just came out and called it as such people would have spoken up. With those signatures all over though, as you said no one could tell where the support really was. So it was believable. Until Gabe revealed his identity, then it was kinda obvious that it must have been worked out that way, but so much other stuff was happening that it was overlooked. I think what brought my attention to it was the fact that you made it a point to say the payment was for using the sigs, not for actual votes. Because as you said, the need was to get the sigs used widely, not really to have actual votes for Fenix and Gabe.

Anyway, thanks for posting Shadowpaw, that was awesome! :D

Note: I have decided to keep this topic here instead of having it moved to the Regisville Forum. This way, it will remain open for posting if anyone ever has any further comments. (or if I find something more to add) Thanks anyway Catspaw, you rock. :)
No way I broke the window

Post by 31899 »

Did the last signature raise suspicion?

Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

31899 wrote:Did the last signature raise suspicion?

Haha no, though we were really trying to push the envelope at that time... it was the last one we made. We definitely tried to see how many obvious things we could plant and get away with and at that point in the storyline I knew we were good till the end.

Fortunately it wasn't too difficult to keep a lid on things. There were only 4 people on the board who knew Gabriel was fake, so I didn't have to plug holes all over the place. :)
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

The Gabriel Dragsack story would be so perfect for a re-entrance of Blackgaard into AIO... except that a couple hundred fans would immediately be like "IT'S DOCTOR BLACKGAARD!"
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Shadowpaw wrote:
31899 wrote:Did the last signature raise suspicion?

Haha no, though we were really trying to push the envelope at that time... it was the last one we made. We definitely tried to see how many obvious things we could plant and get away with and at that point in the storyline I knew we were good till the end.

Fortunately it wasn't too difficult to keep a lid on things. There were only 4 people on the board who knew Gabriel was fake, so I didn't have to plug holes all over the place. :)
4? Who were the other two besides you and Fenix? :-k
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

Laura Ingalls wrote:4? Who were the other two besides you and Fenix? :-k
Well I had to tip my hand to Trent deWhite, the current mayor at the time. It was several weeks in and Gabriel had started some of his sheninigans by then and I realized that if Trent started digging into the IP addresses, he'd notice there was a match. So I decided to confront the problem before it started and pulled him aside one evening. I actually still have the chat transcript from that night... not sure why I saved it. Maybe I'll post it. :)

The other person was Tyler. I didn't want to tell anyone outside of Trent and Fenix, but I had no choice on the matter... we introduced a new wrinkle in that election: the run-off election to narrow the number of teams down to two because of how tight the race was. My reasoning for this was to eliminate all of the other supporters and unite them for Gabriel and Fenix (and it actually kind of worked) so my plan was two-fold. A) Be up front with Tyler about the situation so he would not feel so terrible about losing in a run-off election because he was going to have another opportunity to run once the story arc was over and B) Get Tyler to convince his followers to jump on board with Gabriel and Fenix. We had already got Robo's group behind us so I was just tying up the loose ends... we still lost the election, hence the rigging, but we definitely had a very large pool of legitimate supporters (about 60 - 70% of the number who supported David O and JesusFreak) that were behind us.

Of course the other phase of the plan was adding dozens of dead user accounts to their supporters. Haha. That was my favorite part... I hand picked a large number of older users who no longer visited the board and added them to the supporters group so that they had the same number (or close to) the number in David O and JesusFreak's camp. Some people eventually caught on to that though, but they just chalked it up to the corruption that was increasing every day in their campaign. :)
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I love inside info! It’s absolutely fascinating!

While we’re on the subject of signatures, I have one more Fenix and Gabe sig. Or it may have been a banner for something. It wasn’t clarified at the time, it was just posted as an image.
If memory serves it was posted by Fenix somewhere.
It is a bit... intrusive, so I am posting it in spoiler code so it won’t be seen unless wanted.
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

bookworm wrote:I love inside info! It’s absolutely fascinating!

While we’re on the subject of signatures, I have one more Fenix and Gabe sig. Or it may have been a banner for something. It wasn’t clarified at the time, it was just posted as an image.
If memory serves it was posted by Fenix somewhere.
It is a bit... intrusive, so I am posting it in spoiler code so it won’t be seen unless wanted.
I'm really stretching my memory here but I'm pretty sure a supporter of Gabriel and Fenix posted that in our election platform thread. We loved it because of how annoy it was! It wasn't really a signature or a banner... just something made in support of our campaign. I think we caved to public pressure though and asked people to not use it to support us because of how much it hurt the eyes. ;)

Another funny thing about the signatures was hosting it. I could have easily provided hosting services but we needed to keep it as separate from me as possible so Fenix signed up with a photobucket account and posted all of the signatures there in case anyone traced the paths back to me. I should host them here again so they'll never be lost again! :)
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Yes, when I saved them all I saw they went to a photobucket.
I believe the original one Fenix used is gone. Fortunately though, I had saved them to my computer.
You can resave them if you wish, but I assure you that they will not be lost again. They have been moved to a photobucket I created for ToO images and I also have local copies.

EDIT:

These have already been posted by Shadowpaw in Talk to the Paw, but he has asked that I copy them here so comments on them can be posted in this thread, thereby keeping the other on the Q&A track. :)

They are additions to the Gabriel revelations here.
Shadowpaw wrote: Here's a collection of never before read (except by the recipient!) private messages Gabriel sent!

A message Gabriel sent Fenix when I intended him to use Blackgaard:
Gabe wrote:In case you choose to help, here are the facts. Creating any additional facts must go through me. These facts cannot be changed, there is a reason for everything.

I'm in the United States right now, but I'm originally from England.

I have a brother. My brother is an actor. I am currently unemployed.

I have not seen my brother in years. We had a big fight many years ago and lost touch.

I love cats.

I love politics.

I love spies and terrorist stuff.

My age is not to be revealed, but I am actually 50 years old. I just speak with lots of smilies. Never refer to parents unless in the past tense.

I am currently very good with computer programming but it wasn't always that way.

I am a misunderstood individual who was never treated with the respect I deserved.

I like to travel to lots of exotic locations.

I "listened" to Odyssey from the beginning till 1995. Then again in 1998. But have not heard an episode since then.

My brother still "listens" to the show.

(Both above facts have already been posted and do not need to be mentioned again).

The posts do not need to have any mention of the facts above, but if you start creating things to say, they cannot break from any of the information above.
To Catspaw, asking if he can get into the Blackgaard Clan
Gabriel Dragsack wrote:
Catspaw wrote:The Blackgaard clan is a bit harder than that to get into, unfortunately. :( It's a groupe of people that have a history with each other, and you can see why somebody who's been a member for less than 24 hours isn't somebody who will be able to see all the information in the Blackgaard Mansion faction. :) If you're truly interesting in joining, become a part of the RPGs in Gower's Field and things will go from there. However, I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. ;) There are lots of other fun factions that you might prefer to become involved with! :D

- Catspaw
I see.

Ok then. Thanks anyway. Maybe I'll go join the Red Scorpions or something. Or start a Blackgaard clan of my own.
Later in the same convesation, flirting with Catspaw:
Gabriel Dragsack wrote:
Catspaw wrote:I don't actually believe in the Force, but I do like the Star Wars movies. :D Especially Han Solo! :inlove:

Hi, Gabe! It's nice to meet you! \:D/ I'm Catspaw Blackgaard. But ou can call me Catspaw. ;)
Han Solo! You like the bad guys, hrm?!? :stooges:

Well then, my turn. I want to one day lead the Blackgaard clan! :twisted:
Later still...
Gabriel Dragsack wrote:
Catspaw wrote:Oh, come on! Han Solo isn't bad! :noway: He's almost bad in a cool kind of way! yes: Not to mention more than somewhat attractive. ;) That doesn't hurt, either.

Leading the Blackgaard Clan...now that would be quite the chore! :-k You might want to offically meet Rachael before you decide on making that your life's goal. ;) And let EB know that he's on the way out. ;)
Imagine what it must have been like to think he was dead, frozen in carbonate, and then to come back to life! :cold: What a weird feeling! [ed And one that he knows all too well!]

And Rachael is the one obsessed with Regis Blackgaard right? :insane: I've read a few of her posts and she kind of creeps me out. :shrugs: (sorry if you are friends with her).

And it's only a dream, I don't expect it to become a reality. This is a tight knit group. :hithead: My first obstacle is getting accepted into the clan. But I'm not a RPG player. No time for it! :noway:
Gabriel Dragsack wrote:
Catspaw wrote:I'm a bit too young to have experienced the wait between episodes 5 and 6 - I actually only started liking Star Wars (especially the original trilogy) a couple years ago. Are you one of those people old enough to have seen the original theatre releases? \:D/ That would be cool!

Rachael is married to Regis (or Uncle Reggie, as I fondly refer to him as ;)) in the RPG world. She can seem a bit odd at first as a result, but she is a friend - she's kind and caring, and an excellent writer. :) I think with some time, you'll definitely like Rachael! :D

I never used to do RPG stuff, and I still don't very much, but some threads can be fun! I like the more random ones, not the really planned ones with super complicated plotlines.
To your first point, are you subtley trying to get me to reveal my age? :noway: I'm too clever for that! O:)

Rachael is married to Regis? Has anyone asked him how he feels about such an arrangement? :dunce: Dr. Blackgaard strikes me as the type who would not waste his time with a female, it would weaken him to be seen as a man in a commited relationship! #-o

But as long as she's only pretending to be weird, maybe I can grow to like her. :^o

You don't like planned storylines? I always like the long complex ones, with big twists at the end :happyang:. But random stories are fun too. I just have a hard time sitting down and thinking about one thing for too long. :waaah: [ed. Possibly one of my favorite clues for it's stupid foreshadowing]
Asking to join the Red Scorpion faction:
Gabriel Dragsack wrote:
Top Crusader wrote:We're rather disorganized right now. ;) I'm in the process of moving... once I get things situated here, I'm going to start a big RED SCORPION drive for members, so keep an eye out for a thread about joining. :)

Thanks for your interest! \:D/
Will do! Trust me, you'll want my services! :)
No clues here... just funny:
Gabriel Dragsack wrote:
Frankie wrote:Thanks for the fast reply! \:D/

I'm glad you like it here, and yah, all the ToOers are wonderful. :yes: (Especially when it comes to greeting newbies. :wink:)

You don't have to apologize, it's totally fine that your age is a personal piece of information. Most people don't share their real ages, names or anything, and we still love them! :D (Haha, did Cowboy ask you? I was wondering if he would be the first.)

Well, get back to posting! (Can you reach 100 posts by Saturday? \:D/)
Frankie.
They are such a nice group of people. Odyssey citizens are the best! :thumbsup:

I'm tempted to ask if your real name is Frank, but that might be personal :fro: . If not, please elighten me! And yes, the cowboy did ask for my age. He's my first friend here :inlove:.

100 posts by Saturday? I hope so! I just don't want people to think I'm a spammer. :bounce: So I'm restraining myself.
From Darcie to Gabe... after introducing himself...
Gabriel Dragsack wrote:
darcy wrote:Hmm... plans? None so far! Although a few weeks ago, while we were chatting with Shadowpaw, he was joking I should run next time with the whole platform of bringing Jimmy back to AIO! Of course I have to way to make that happen, but.....
You watched for far too long... now I know how you know so much. Isn't it a little weird to know so much about everyone else, and have them not know that you know? :-$
:lolsign:

Jimmy Barclay returning to Odyssey, now that is what I would :inlove: to see!

But not at the expense of my ambitions :noway: (LOL! just kidding) Would you ever consider running?? You are quite popular in your short time you have arrived on the "Scene." :worship:

And yeppers, it is very strange to know so much. I believe I caught people off guard with my familiarity. I am scaling back now, no need to scare potential new friends away! :bolt:

But I know people will come to know me very well over the next few months. Great things are going to happen! \:D/
Gabriel Dragsack wrote:
darcy wrote:I would consider it... but I like to be the second fiddle type ;) So you can be Mayor and I'll be CoP! :lol:
I'm only "popular" (and I think you really mean "well-known") because of the way my "true identity" was revealed, and because I have had the time lately to be here.
I was thinking it was funny that you called CoT your first ToO friend... he was mine as well! He pmed me to say hi, then soon donated me sig money too. But I think everyone feels like CoT is one of their best friends due to his rapid fire posting/pming style ;)
darcy
Aww... I would love to run with you, but I've already secured my running mate ](*,).

Though I'm not sure I'm popular enough to win and wouldn't want to hurt your chances. I'm doing it for the experience, not for actually winning.

Now you, I could totally see winning legitimately! [ed. Love this.... I was basically implying that I was intending to win illegitimately when combined with the above statement] O:) And not because you're married to Jimmy, but because you are a really, really nice member who's mature enough to have a good head on her shoulders. If I wasn't already running, I'd certainly vote for you! :yes:

That's :hilarious: about CoT! He donated me money too! Too bad he's going on a trip :(.
Gabe's awesome... (note this was sent June 2.. MONTHS before the election...
Gabriel Dragsack wrote:
darcy wrote:Oh, you did get someone already? Cool!!
Naw, I really don't want to run at this point. I'd happily be a mod though. I will provide some sense of reason while being totally ridiculous at the same time ;)
You shall be the first mod I appoint! \:D/

Or maybe once I win, I'll imprison my running mate and appoint you in his place! :lol: [ed. This was the original intention, to appoint someone to actually run the board temporarily while Regis Blackgaard was running amok, but the story changed...]

I shall call you Darcie from now on, as requested in this title. :)
Later...
Gabriel Dragsack wrote:
darcy wrote:As always, I will reserve my decision until all the nominees are announced and I have carefully reviewed their platforms. :noway:
But my vote can be bought. ;) jk
darcy
I shall inform Mr. Money-Bags (ie, Fenix LOL!) of your offer! O:)
Kind of funny... the clue just being that he doesn't live with a woman and it explains why he was terrible with computers early in the series and then later was able to develop a virus:
Gabriel Dragsack wrote:
Trinarius wrote:Hey Gabe! :)

My name is Josh. O:)

I like computers...when they're working properly that is. ;)

Josh
I am a computer expert! It wasn't always that way, but I became quite good with them! You are right though, can't live with 'em! :cpu:

They're kinda like women! :lolsign:
More clue...
Gabriel Dragsack wrote:
Trinarius wrote:Haha, I'm not that good at sports to be honest. ;) Although I do like swimming whenever I have access to a pool! \:D/

Are you a sports guy?

Josh
I'm afraid not! I have a bad hip, so I can't play sports very well! :(

What's your favorite drink? I like a good cup of Earl Grey Tea! :)
Gabriel sent "Me" a message asking if he could "purchase something"... the replies...
Gabriel Dragsack wrote:
Me wrote:If you refer to the Ruku virus, it is not for sale. :)
I was referring to your degrees... what would I want with a virus? Eck! :sickly:

However, I have been informed this is against the rules to purchase degrees from members, so I am sorry for asking! :anxious:
I believe these WERE posted publicly when Pepper Doyle tried to out Gabriel's evil ways... but as a reminder... Gabriel joined the brotherhood and then got into a bitter spat with Pepper Doyle because of her "beliefs"... she did not know they were about her anti-blackgaard clan stance...
Gabriel Dragsack wrote:
Pepper Doyle wrote:So what?
No, I'm not liberal. But you are weak minded and foolish. ](*,)

I'm running for mayor and I don't want to be associated with you and your antics. :noway:
Gabriel Dragsack wrote:
Pepper Doyle wrote:What did I do?

Jerk.
I respect and admire your attitude.

But you'd be wise to not cross me. :shocking:
Gabriel Dragsack wrote:
Pepper Doyle wrote:Forgive me for wanting some reason for your freaking RUDENESS.
The way you spoke of people who do not feel the same way as you is proof enough of your own actions. Treat others how you would like to be treated.

I have read other posts you have made. You are not someone who I feel is respect by the other members of this board and cannot tarnish my image by being a member of your silly club. ](*,)
Gabriel Dragsack wrote:
Pepper Doyle wrote:Sorry, but the way you just treated me has be insanely upset. I hope you NEVER get elected if you treat people you disagree with or take a dislike to in that fashion.
No need to be uspet. I am sorely missing my medication and reacted poorly. I am sorry. You are set in your ways, I understand this. I simply joined the brotherhood without realizing where you stood on issues that are important to me. And was surprised at somethings you have said to offend other people's beliefs. ](*,)

I seek your forgiveness in this matter. :pray:
Haha awesome...
Gabriel Dragsack wrote:
blank wrote:cool! \:D/

well, I'm not sure why i chose to make mine all caps :-k but I meant it as a name, not as a word, and I was trying to make a bit of a distinction. Also, it's my code name.

and despite what is going on in the thread about liberals, stick around and enjoy the rest of the board. Everywhere you go there is going to be some spoilsport, some idiot.

your friend,
Ronald

P.S. don't say my name to anyone else, k? thanks :)
Nice to meet you Ronald! My brother's name is Ronald! How neat is that? :hilarious:

Thank you for your kind words. I'm not a liberal myself, but I don't understand why people have such strong opinions in the extreme. Can't there be a "half way" where we all can meet? O:)
After Gabriel and Top publicly fought, his wife was not too happy with Gabriel...
Gabriel Dragsack wrote:
Continental Admiral wrote:Mind explaining that one?
All I've seen from Top since I've joined is disparaging remarks about other members, mocking them, or outright insulting them. He's been very disrespectful to numerous people and I can't imagine how anyone voted for him unless he was a much different person a year ago. ](*,)

As a former mayor, I would expect him to understand that I was only trying to help the moderators enforce the rules. As I've since learned, Wooton was talked about spamming Whit's End that day and I was not out of line in my comment. :shrugs:

Oh well, I'm not going to push this issue anymore. Top Crusader is too popular for a little "troll" like me to take on.

Good day to you ma'am.
Haha...
Gabriel Dragsack wrote:
Continental Admiral wrote:In his defense, Top is usually just kidding. And he's known for his sarcasm. People on the board(s) know how Brian is and usually just ignore him. Either you like him or you hate him. Either way, he was voted in as a mayor, and he was voted in by a good majority if I recall and I honestly don't see it particularly helpful to question Top's "Moral" character.

You weren't out of line in your remarks about spamming, no. But you crossed the line from friendly sarcasm to being mean when you questioned Top's moral character.

Maybe I'm biased, though. :-s
I am sorry :(. I've never experienced someone mocking me on the board like he did and I just reacted poorly. I was upset and confused.

I don't hate the Top Crusader, I just wish I could have handled the situation differently. Now the board will see that we're both him and I are pretty awful people :(. [ed. I think my favorite part of Gabriel is that he was willing to insult everyone even if he pretends he's not.... he'll casually make himself sound just as awful as everyone else making it sound like it's ok...] Oh well, from here on out I will strive to be more understanding and not as quick to make a comment when someone directs an attack at me.
Gabriel Dragsack wrote:
The Top Crusader wrote:Hey, Gabe, I just want to formally apologize via PM... what you said to Wooten wasn't all that bad. ;) My church is basically falling apart at the seams, I get back from a late night meeting/debate/argument about that, get online... and the littlest thing rubbed me the wrong way...

So, again, I really am sorry. I've just been really stressed between church and all the various issues and problems of arranging a wedding and getting a better paying job, etc. :boohoo: Heh... yeah, I know its not really a good excuse--I shouldn't take that out on *anyone*, but I try to stay happy for my family, friends, and fiance... so... its easy to blow up at the random internet stranger.

Sincerely,
~Brian
I apologize too (I just posted mine publicly, maybe I should have done so privately... but I feel so ashamed about my comments). #-o

I was just a little surprised by the comment you made about me pointing out the rules, since I had received earlier confirmation from a moderator thanking me for saving them the trouble as they had been discussing that very thing at the time I posted my message :(. I just felt like I was being attacked and wanted to defend myself, but chose to lash out rather than remain my composure. :sniff: I am sorry for the things I said, especially questioning your ability to get elected. I had just been noticing a few comments here and there from you directed at other new users and was just surprised I was suddenly the target of your sarcasm (which CA has explained is just your way of going about things). ;)

As for your excuses. I do not see them that way. I see them as plausible reasons. :mope: We all have personal things to deal with and I guess we sometimes just forget that when reading a message board. I hope your church gets back in order and I hope you do find your better paying job.

And you have my solemn promise I will not attack you like I have again tonight. [ed. Note the wording... "I have again tonight..." implying other nights he's more than happy to attack...] I am so ashamed for my behavior. I really thought I had gotten over my anger issues. But I guess it just takes work. :anxious:
After asking Xiao to make some avatar stuff for his campaign...
Gabriel Dragsack wrote:
Xiao wrote::noway:
Guess you won't be a mod then :(.
And in a follow-up...
Gabriel Dragsack wrote:
Xiao wrote:Xiao: He said "Guess you won't be a mod then". He's quote confident...
Sonuna: Utterly idioticly confident
:dumb:

I thought private messages were private?????
The return of Pepper Doyle... after Gabriel announces his intention to run for mayor. Titled: "You won't be elected."
Gabriel Dragsack wrote:
Pepper Doyle wrote:I'm saving your rude PMs to me to ensure that.
I was very rude that day and I apologize. You are welcome to share those comments and I will be held accountable for what I said. :yes:

I simply did not know how narrow-minded, offensive, and outspoken you were when I joined the brotherhood. :noway: I regretted joining your group when I discovered this and since your beliefs are the complete opposite of mine, I didn't want people to think I shared those beliefs. ](*,) By associating myself with the Brotherhood I am submitting myself to your authority and acting in conjunction with your beliefs. I do not share those beliefs and I cannot in good conscience allow myself to be bullied by someone like you.

But look at me now :(. I'm the hypocrit. I hadn't even realized until now that by treating you the way I did, I was simply reducing myself to your level. However, if I'm going to run for public office, I must be held accountable. I am willing to accept whatever smeer campaign you are preparing for me. :hug:
Gabriel Dragsack wrote:
Pepper Doyle wrote:P.S.S. You weren't in The Brotherhood, so don't worry about that tainting your sterling image.

Don't bother replying if it's just going to be a threat or another veiled insult. Try responding with the FACTS instead of saying things and offering no basis.
Ok, here's a FACT:

http://thetoo.com/viewtopic.php?p=29059 ... ht=#290591

So don't tell me you didn't let me into your club. :noway:
Note you may not be able to see the thread... it is in the Brotherhood... Gabe was invited to fill out his application which is as follows... of which he WAS accepted. It was a FACT... haha.
Gabriel Dragsack wrote:Ok... time to brainstorm! :lol:

Name: Gabriel
Family: Oldest of two brothers, parents killed tragically by enemy spies! ](*,)
Schooling: Agent Training (hehe, one day!) O:)
Favorites: Fancy cars, adventure, exotic locations, martini's shaken (not stirred!) :pirate:
Skills: Computer programming, espionage, taking on different aliases :cpu:
Past jobs: Government Intelligence :proff:

I love James Bond, can't you tell? :adore:
Later after they have patched things up...
Gabriel Dragsack wrote:
Pepper Doyle wrote:Yes, election season is grand.

I apologize for the following:

-- Writing that you were a "jerk".
-- Threatening you

I accept your "apologies" in turn.

Have a swell life.

P. Doyle
Thank you Ms. Doyle. :anxious:

I apologize for being so rude to you without even knowing you :(. I've been accused of being overly familiar with people and I have issues with frustration and anger that get the best of me. My medicine doesn't control or lessen my anger, it just makes me less irritable. :sickly:

I hope there are no hard feelings and no lost sleep over this issue. :snore: I would like to respectfully go our separate ways and if you chose to run in the upcoming election, I wish good things for you! :angelfly:
The same day Gabriel announces his intention to run for mayor, he contacts Catspaw asking her which board she wants to moderate. Her reply...
Gabriel Dragsack wrote:
Catspaw wrote:My goodness, what a question! I think that I shall perhaps wait a tad longer before I worry about that. ;) Besides, I never asked to be a mod any other term, and things worked out well, so I don't think that I'll try to do too much advance negotiation. Thanks for asking, though...
Ok, I'll keep that in mind.

I guess I am jumping the gun with this election thing! I haven't even won yet and I'm already planning my staff. :hilarious:
Kind of ruining the spirit of her intentions but it's been years...
Gabriel Dragsack wrote:
Bigbird9339 wrote:I've got some advice! Be nice to all people! Be nice to nOObs because hey don't know you very well and you'll get their vote! Try to not critisize as much as compliment :D PM people. I'm new but this is what I think.
Don't ever post this please :D
I don't think private messages should be made public at all! :noway: Don't worry.

Pepper Doyle was going to post mine so I had to do it first, because people would think I was hiding something. :sad:

She blackmailed me :(. I would never post something someone sent me otherwise. You have my word! :hug:

And that is wonderful advie! I shall be very nice to you! I loved your posts so far, especially the insanity one! :)
Nothing like a little personal jab... after he asked why Felicity's last name was Blackgaard...
Gabriel Dragsack wrote:
Felicity Blackgaard wrote:Because my husband is Edwin Blackgaard, of course. :)

How do you do?
Ah -- you're married to Edwin?? :bolt:

I'm fine -- and normal. :anxious:
Gabriel Dragsack wrote:
Felicity Blackgaard wrote:Oh, you're 'normal', huh?

Yeah, some people consider themselves 'normal'. But of course, I'm married to Edwin in a 'ROLEPLAY'!!!

Of course, I wouldn't expect any 'local yokels' to fully understand the ego simplicities of being a Blackgaard. If you hadn't noticed, we have our own Blackgaard clan on this board. Best watch what you say around a Blackgaard wife, wouldn't wany any 'accidents' happening, would we? :-$
No, I don't want any trouble. I just have a hard time believing any real Blackgaard would actually get married. #-o

But, as you said, I'm a "local yokel" and likely have no concept of what it means to be a Blackgaard . :shock: [ed. yikes that's funny...]

That is all. :-
Kind of hilariously ironic in the double meaning... Fenix/Phoenix Gabriel/Regis...
Gabriel Dragsack wrote:Darcie my dear,

You wouldn't happen to have time to make an old friend some sigs for his campaign, would you? *puppy dog eyes*

Nothing fancy -- just something nice that says: "Gabe and Fenix - Rising from the Ashes!"

If you have no time, that is understandble. :hug:
A couple of examples of manipulation....
Gabriel Dragsack wrote:
Vote Gabe And Fenix wrote:u told robo he'd be great at running the too. you were being sarcastic. i'll try an find the link an send it to you.
Oh dear me, I would never insult Robo! I love Robo and livin4messiah! If I wasn't running in this election (or if I get eliminated in the run-off) I would definitely be voting for them! They are great people! :)
Gabriel Dragsack wrote:
Sonuna Hydris wrote:PERFECT REFERENCE TIMING
10 rep points (Sonuna)
1 cookie
Thanks Sonuna :hug:. As we've made it clear, if Fenix and I were not running, we would definitely be supporting you and EK :).

This was sent to Hakeber, WINDSHEAR, danadelfos, robo, Ryan, Lord Sesshoumaru, Agent Robert Mitchell... hoping to get everyone on the fence to vote for us.
Gabriel Dragsack wrote:Dear [INSERT USER HERE],

With the run-off election behind us and us still being in the race, Fenix and I determined it was in our best interest to begin approaching the candidates we wanted to appoint to moderator positions. :D The previous campaigns appointed their moderators within a week, but we are hoping to get this out of the way right away so we don't waste any time. :yes: There's no guarantee we will win, but we were wondering if you were interested in moderating "[INSERT FORUM HERE]"? Fenix and I both think you would do a terrific job in that capacity. :truce:

Please, let me know what you think!

Thanks,

Gabriel Dragsack and Fenix

A little behind the scenes...
Gabriel Dragsack wrote:
The EKster wrote:Not really, but still. Stop being a slacker. :x Also, EKS didnt win... :(
No :(

Remember, you're devestated. Anyone expressing their condolences to your campaign and you have to make sure they know you're obviously disappointed :(.

But remember, you'll get your recall election in a couple of weeks (depending on how long Regis will be in control of the board).
After the election...
Gabriel Dragsack wrote:
Robo wrote:So since you won... Am I a mod, now?

-Robo
No.
That's it! Well that's all I'm going to post... there was some other little tidbits and side stuff here and there but these are the core that directly related to the significance of Gabriel.

I hope you enjoyed reading them! And I hope everyone who was quoted doesn't mind that I posted your private messages... though aside from Pepper's, which were made public anyway (by Gabriel no less... to beat her to the punch before she could do it to me!) everything is pretty standard and friendly!