Family Portraits

Should they re-release it?

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!

Should FotF re-release Family Portraits?

Yes! :yes:
86%
No! :noway:
7%
Maybe. :-k
7%

Total votes: 29

Eugene
Official Brainiac
Official Brainiac

Family Portraits

Post by Eugene »

So, who else here agrees that Family Portraits should be re-released in a special CD collection? Vote above, discuss below!

I've only heard the episodes that they have released as bonus features. I would love to hear all of them and would be one of the first people to buy a re-release on CD.

"Don't fuss with me." WHY;
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

I don't know if it would be marketable for the population in general, but perhaps 200 collector's edition CD sets should be manufactured!
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

Since all of the episodes are already available at odysseyfan.com (or were), I probably wouldn't even buy it. It would just be cover art to go with my mp3s. :anxious: I only want a copy of the original cassette album as a collectible to look good on my shelf. :wink: I would never listen to it.
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Wow, I looked on AIOWiki, and I've never heard any of the episodes! (I suppose I was getting them confused with Odyssey USA, which I have heard several of. :-k) Of course, I'm a fan, so I want them to re-release everything so I can listen to it. ;)

From a marketing standpoint, I'm not sure it would be very popular and worth the time and money to distribute it. But I'd still support it, generally. \:D/
Last edited by American Eagle on Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Yes they should rerelease Family Portraits!!
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

Post by Irwin »

Let's look at this:

Whit's Visitor - The gold auido and the orginal album release are missing some stuff
Dental Dilemma - Relased as AIO and OUSA
The New Kid in Town - Released as a secret word
No Stupid Questions - Relased as AIO and OUSA
You're Not Going to Believe This - Released as a secret word
My Brother's Keeper - Relased as AIO and OUSA, with a few small edits
While Dad's Away- Has not been released
The Letter - Relased in gold auido #8, however it has been edited
A Different Kind of Peer Pressure - Released as a secret word
In Memory of Herman - Has not been released
A Member of the Family, Part 1 - Relased as AIO and OUSA
A Member of the Family, Part 2 - Relased as AIO and OUSA
A Simple Addition - Relased as AIO and OUSA

So we're missing out on a few things. \:D/
King Butter Turtle wrote:Since all of the episodes are already available at odysseyfan.com (or were), I probably wouldn't even buy it. It would just be cover art to go with my mp3s. :anxious: I only want a copy of the original cassette album as a collectible to look good on my shelf. :wink: I would never listen to it.
However, his mp3s were a very low bandwith (I'm guessing that they would be to large otherwise) so wouldn't you want awesome digitally remastered version?
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

Irwin wrote:
King Butter Turtle wrote:Since all of the episodes are already available at odysseyfan.com (or were), I probably wouldn't even buy it. It would just be cover art to go with my mp3s. :anxious: I only want a copy of the original cassette album as a collectible to look good on my shelf. :wink: I would never listen to it.
However, his mp3s were a very low bandwith (I'm guessing that they would be to large otherwise) so wouldn't you want awesome digitally remastered version?
Eh, some of his episodes are pretty bad quality, but Family Portraits are alright. I'm not real big on sound quality, so I might buy it for that reason eventually, but I'd rather spend $20 on episodes I previously didn't own than on episodes I already own with better sound quality.
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

Just FYI Irwin, No Stupid Question was added to in the AIO version of it if I remember right. I have both and listened to them back to back and I think that the AIo version has more stuff - especially in the library scenes about Meg's questions.
A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man would have to seek Him to find her.

JF, JesusFreak777, and JF777 are all copyrighted by this user. Any violators will be fined and prosecuted. Thank you.
Mr.Whit
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Mr.Whit »

I have always wanted to watch these episodes. I would efinately get it this would be awesome
Jeremy
Smile for the camera

Post by Jeremy »

American Eagle wrote:Wow, I looked on AIOWiki, and I've never heard any of the episodes! (I suppose I was getting them confused with Odyssey USA, which I have heard several of. :-k) Of course, I'm a fan, so I want them to re-release everything so I can listen to it. ;)

From a marketing standpoint, I'm not sure it would be very popular and worth the time and money to distribute it. But I'd still support it, generally. \:D/
Several of them are available as part of the Washingtons Secret Word contest this summer.

Jeremy
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

They should sell high quality MP3s of them at least...
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Why is "no" even an option? ;) At a minimum, these episodes should be made available as MP3 downloads for purchase.
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
GlennAdams
Expecting a battle

Post by GlennAdams »

Releasing Family Portraits would be so clutch for AIO. It would fit in perfectly with them re-airing the episodes after the hiatus... Just sayin'
I do what I do.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Trent DeWhite wrote:Who is "no"
No idea. :-k
Mr.Whit
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Mr.Whit »

GlennAdams wrote:Releasing Family Portraits would be so clutch for AIO. It would fit in perfectly with them re-airing the episodes after the hiatus... Just sayin'
You are so right \:D/
VideosForFamily
Hexadecimal teenager

Post by VideosForFamily »

Yes, I have spoken to them about it before...it honestly has always been something they have considered but personally I believe they are going to wait for the right time for it to happen when/if it happens. But yes, there is alot of value in these episodes for people to hear the exciting stuff that many, many people have not been able to here in these "early" episodes about Odyssey and of course Mr. Whittaker so yes...as far as odyssey is concerned it would be good for the fans who don't know enough about it to hear more and everything from these shows...and yes as one of you said above it would be a great marketing standpoint yes...it I think would do VERY, VERY well and they could have that "Family Portraits' stich point remade into a collectors box with the Family Portraits logo on there...with the episodes all remastered on CD so yes that would look great!

What do you all think of this idea?
Aaron Pacentine
www.videosforfamily.com
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

It sounds good, but I don't want to hear Lights Out at Whit's End ever again. ;)
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Eugene
Official Brainiac
Official Brainiac

Post by Eugene »

Lights Out at Whit's End was from Odyssey USA not Family Portraits, if I remember correctly. So you're safe. ;)
Last edited by Eugene on Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

"Don't fuss with me." WHY;
Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

Post by Irwin »

Chandler

Post by Chandler »

So apparently he went looking through his closet hoping to find something else valuable. :lol: I have a tape like that, just need to find it to remember which show is on it.