ToO Factions: Bones of Rath and Israelites

The explanation?

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

ToO Factions: Bones of Rath and Israelites

Post by KODY 105 »

Would someone please give me a semi-detailed history and purpose of the two factions The Bones of Rath and The Israelites? If I recall correctly, I am in neither and I wish to have a synopsis of their histories and actions before I make a choice to join either one.
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

They are both dead. :(
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

I joined The Isrealites for a short while, but it was pretty much dead. I soon left them, and am not a part of either. KODY, we're in the same boat; I'd love to see more info about both of them.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru

Post by Lord Sesshoumaru »

I joined the Bones ages ago. but even though at the time their was posting going on it was something of the like of "What should we do?" "Should we do this" ect. mainly trying to come up with ideas to mess with the bored. but I dont recall one following through while I was in that faction. So I left.
Rodney Rathbone
Pilgrim

Post by Rodney Rathbone »

The Bones is where its at, man! We have done all sorts of stuff to the board, the problem is its so full of dopes that they barely even complained, so what's the fun in that!? :noway:
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

Rodney Rathbone wrote:The Bones is where its at, man! We have done all sorts of stuff to the board, the problem is its so full of dopes that they barely even complained, so what's the fun in that!? :noway:
Every member of The Bones have said that you are a dead gang. Can you explain that?
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Shadowpaw originally intended for most people to join one or the other. People were allowed to start their own faction if they wished, but the $5,000 price was quite steep and you could only be in one faction at a time so not too many other factions were formed early on.
The Israelites and Bones were supposed to take an active role on the board, not just limiting themselves to their own board. They would even have had permission to "interrupt" threads with faction-related actions. None of this ever seemed to materialize and faction rules were later changed so the original intent has never really been carried out.
EK and Kairi's platform point involving this is very much in keeping with Shadowpaw's original intent when creating those two factions.
Stop Wooton' Around
Wooton rocks!
Wooton rocks!

Post by Stop Wooton' Around »

I think they should be started up again! That would be Fun!
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Usually we try not to bump old threads, Wooton. :) You're more then welcome to start a new thread with a suggestion, though!
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait