Video Game Console Ownership Thread!

This is a place where gamers can come and tell of their favorite games, discuss current games, head up gaming contests, and join in on online games that others are playing. It's a place run by gamers and enjoyed by all types of gamers alike.

What consoles are currently in your home?

Gaming quality PC
14%
Nintendo Wii
11%
Xbox 360
3%
Playstation 3
1%
Nintendo Gamecube
9%
Xbox
3%
Playstation 2
10%
DS (or DSi)
4%
PSP
3%
Game Boy SP/Advance
9%
Gameboy/Gameboy Pocket/Gameboy Color
6%
Nintendo 64
4%
Playstation 1
4%
Sega Dreamcast
1%
Sega Saturn
1%
Super Nintendo
6%
Sega Genesis
2%
Nintendo Entertainment System
4%
Sega Master System
No votes
Atari 2600
2%

Total votes: 90

The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Video Game Console Ownership Thread!

Post by The Top Crusader »

I am curious as to the makeup of video game demographics on the board... so VOTE! :x And DISCUSS! :x
Sonuna
ion cannon ready

Post by Sonuna »

Gaming PC (Dolores; even though I don't play that many high-end PC games, mostly just MMOs), Wii, GCN, PS2, N64, PS1 (broken CD tray because of Monster Rancher mostly), Dreamcast (;_;), Genesis (and 32X/CD attachments), GBA SP, DS.

you may have noticed this but I am kind of a Nintendo fangirl (convert from Sega fangirl once they stopped making actual good games seriously what)

I think we had a SNES/NES, but my brother took them as they were basically his. Which is a shame, I almost want to hunt down another two to have them as my ownnnnn ahahaha.
"Sonuna" Taranimak ("Sonuna" Sharkquill) has been content lately. She admired own very fine Bed recently. She talked with a parent recently. She talked with a friend recently. She had a good meal recently. She admired a fine tastefully-arranged Desk recently.
She is a citizen of The United States of America. She is a member of The State of Minnesota. She is a member of The Town of Odyssey.
"Sonuna" Taranimak likes Bauxite, Copper, Green jade, the color navy, cloaks, ballistas, cats for their aloofness and hydras for their seven heads. When possible, she prefers to consume Dr Pepper and ramen.
She lives at a relaxed pace. She tends to avoid crowds. She has a fertile imagination. She is completely disorganized. She is very distant and reserved. She tends not to openly express emotions. She needs caffeine to get through the working day.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Currently I have the Xbox 360, the PS2, the DS lite, the PSP, and up in my closet I have the Genesis and SNES somewhere. \:D/ I had a wii but I sold it to some kid.
Sherlock
Solicitor Non Grata

Post by Sherlock »

I have a "gaming quality" PC that I built for the sole purpose of playing Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. Which is kind of sad, really. I once played Far Cry on it a long, long time ago. Occasional games of AoE were had but the thing weighs like, 50 pounds.

Loaned my PS2 and all the games (I miss GT4) to a friend last fall who bought a fancy new HDTV. I didn't have the heart to ask for it back when they moved eastward. Somewhere around here there might be a broken NES if I didn't give it away/sell it. I still remember begging my mom for the SNES when that was pretty much the coolest thing to have, ever. Alas, we never got it.

Fun has apparently eluded me. :(
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

A gaming quality Mac!!! :x
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

I am definitely a Nintendo fan, although I don't really play video games that often. I have Gamecube, 64, the original NES... and I don't believe in Wii. :noway:
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Pseudonym
Pleasantly Confused
Pleasantly Confused

Post by Pseudonym »

Chandlah wrote:A gaming quality Mac!!! :x
Oxymoron. ;)

A gaming PC, and an old Playstation with like... three games that I never use any longer.

EDIT: And a GameBoy Advanced which, again, I barely ever use.
So you lost your trust,
And you never should have.
No, you never should have.
But don't break your back
If you ever see this,
But don't answer that.
In a bullet proof vest
With the windows all closed,
I'll be doing my best
I'll see you soon.
Robo
A great mapmaker

Post by Robo »

I game mostly on my PC, but I also have an Atari VCS (2600) and a Playstation 2 (that's the newest edition to my consoles).

-Robert
jasonjannajerryjohn
I revere the admins
I revere the admins

Post by jasonjannajerryjohn »

PS2, Gamecube, and the ever classic Nintendo 64. I'm actually pround of owning all three of them because all three of them have some pretty freaking awesome games. Unfortunatly I don't have any 3rd gen stuff. I would love to get a 360 just cause there are a ton of games on it that I want, but I am extremely poor. :(
Peri: Do you mean the TARDIS is malfunctioning again?
The Doctor: Malfunctioning? [pause] Malfunctioning? MALFUNCTIONING!?
Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

Post by Irwin »

I played Super Mario Bros. on our NES just yesterday. \:D/ Interestingly enough, that's about the only video game I've ever played. (Sort of.)
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

I have a Playstation 2 and a Game Boy Advance SP, but I don't use them very often.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Kairi
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Kairi »

I have a gaming quality PC and my family has a Wii.
*CAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW*
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

I've never had any game consoles, though on rare occasions eight or so years ago I would play Mario or Donkey Kong or something with friends on theirs'. I don't much miss not having anything myself... except for the even rarer occasions when I've gotten to play someone else's DDR.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Currently, we have the Xbox, Wii, and NGC. My brother recently received the DS as a birthday gift, so I guess that makes four gaming consoles. I was really into the Xbox six or seven years ago, back when I had lots of free time. Then grade twelve and university rolled around and I suddenly found myself struck with other more important things to do. :( I'll still play Guitar Hero occasionally, or maybe Mario Party when we have some friends over, but for the most part I've given up on video games. :x
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

There is a PS2 and a Wii here, and there may be more I am unaware of. I also checked NES, although I don't possess it currently, my brother and I received it for Christmas when it was new. So since I half own it and did most of my game playing on it, I listed it. :x
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
Boswell
Classic

Post by Boswell »

Sonuna wrote:Gaming PC (Dolores; even though I don't play that many high-end PC games, mostly just MMOs), Wii, GCN, PS2, N64, PS1 (broken CD tray because of Monster Rancher mostly), Dreamcast (;_;), Genesis (and 32X/CD attachments), GBA SP, DS.
I beat you by two! :D

DS Lite (x2)
DSi
Game Boy Advance
PC
PlayStation 2 Slim
PlayStation 3 120GB Slim
PSP 2000
Super Nintendo
Wii (x2)
Xbox 360 Elite

Yeah...mine's a gaming house.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Trent DeWhite wrote:Currently, we have the Xbox, Wii, and NGC. My brother recently received the DS as a birthday gift, so I guess that makes four gaming consoles. I was really into the Xbox six or seven years ago, back when I had lots of free time. Then grade twelve and university rolled around and I suddenly found myself struck with other more important things to do. :( I'll still play Guitar Hero occasionally, or maybe Mario Party when we have some friends over, but for the most part I've given up on video games. :x
Yeah, between work and school from my sophmore year in high school through four years of college, I wasn't much of a gamer at all... just very casual.

BUT... now I have a lot more spare time! \:D/

I have an Atari 2600 (I had it at birth! :shock:), and that was all my brother and I had for many years, until I was five and we decided we needed an NES... we got one after like a year of begging! \:D/ BUT... that is where my parents buying us consoles stopped. :( I bought a Gameboy in jr high or so, and finally got a Super Nintendo when I was 16... so, by then I was way behind, the 64 and Playstation was all the rage. Later in high school I got a Playstation (bought it from the same person I bought the Game Boy, actually...), and so I actually had a console that, while it had been out a while, was still current! \:D/ Very exciting, I got to get Final Fantasy VIII at launch. \:D/ Then a few years past and in college I wanted a DVD player AND a new console... so I got a PS2. \:D/ Greatest wrestling games ever on that console. \:D/ That was all I had for a while but eventually, in late college I bought a modded Xbox from once again the same person who I got the Gameboy and PS1 from. Oh yeah, and I bought a GBA at some point from another friend before that I think. The modded Xbox was great just because it had all the older console games on it, which for my casualness at the time was really entertaining. \:D/ And then after I got married my wife bought me a Gamecube for my birthday! By then I was getting back into gaming so that was wonderous indeed! \:D/ I didn't plan to get into the current gen stuff right away but I saw on ebay a 360 that no one was bidding on for some reason so I got it at like a third of the regular cost... and then soon after another friend traded me a PSP for a DVD player I have and never use.

So I have 12, including the obvious PC. Although its iffy if its gaming quality NOW for current games, but we have a laptop thats newer and runs things well, so yay. I win for variety.