Your favorite fictional character

From TV, Movie, Comic whatever...

Here's the place for discussing music, plays, YouTube videos, and any other media that doesn't quite fit in the other sections of Harlequin Theatre.
Fenix
The Rich

Your favorite fictional character

Post by Fenix »

Well as it says in the title who is your favorite fictional character ever?
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

Tintin. The best there ever was.

Then maybe Father Brown...or some other master of wit and wisdom.
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

How in the world, out of the hundreds of books I've read and loved over my life time, am I supposed to pick a SINGLE character that I love more than others?

Let's see... Sam from LOTR is awesome, Aslan from CoN, and Jennie McGrady is good too.
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

Sherlock Holmes and his trusty sidekick Dr. Watson *ahem* rank high on my list.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

LovedbyGod wrote: Jennie McGrady is good too.
Yay! Somebody else who's heard of the Jennie McGrady books! \:D/ I love those too! I think I've read book 8 almost a dozen times! ;) Actually, reading that series made me wish that my grandma had married a J.B. instead of the man that she did marry a while after my grandpa died. Wouldn't that have been cool to have J.B. as your grandpa? :D

I don't think that I could possibly pick a favourite - I've read so much, and I've liked so many characters from so many different authors.

Sadly, I would have to say that Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys (especially Frank :inlove:) would have to rank rather high on a list, however. I read so many of those books when I was younger, and I still enjoy reading some every now and then, that I just have to love them!

Christy Miller is one of my favourite characters! She's in the Christy Miller series, and then she's in some of the Sierra Jensen series, and then in the Christy and Todd: The College Years books. Todd is awesome, too! :inlove: Those books are written by Robin Jones Gunn - I love her books! They're kind of more for girls, but they're fun! Right after I got "Until Tomorrow" I could barely put it down, even for classes! While I can now admit that they can be slightly sappy in some parts, I will treasure them forever!

*is melting in her chair due to mentioning the word "forever" - all other Christy and Todd fans will understand!* ;)
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Errr... the Hulk maybe. :anxious:
Carolita
I'm not Gabe
Location: the small fraction of time between normal hectic life and mega hectic college

Post by Carolita »

Probably Malcolm or Annie in books by George MacDonald.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Hmmm....I can't really decide...I know everyone would expect me to say Laura Ingalls, but I like so many other books and videos also!

I like Elsie from the Elsie Dinsmore series, Anne from Anne of Green Gables, and other various and sundry characters. Can't really come up with a definite "favorite."
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Plus I don't think Laura Ingalls counts as a fictional character. ;)
Iverkid
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Iverkid »

probably aragorn or gandalf. one of those lotr characters. they make great characters throughout the books.
Iverkid
Pray for Sri Lanka.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

The Top Crusader wrote:Plus I don't think Laura Ingalls counts as a fictional character. ;)
That's true....:oops: I didn't think of that. :)
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

Catspaw wrote: Yay! Somebody else who's heard of the Jennie McGrady books! \:D/ I love those too! I think I've read book 8 almost a dozen times! ;) Actually, reading that series made me wish that my grandma had married a J.B. instead of the man that she did marry a while after my grandpa died. Wouldn't that have been cool to have J.B. as your grandpa? :D
Hehe! Cool! I have all 15 books. (I think it's 15 anyway...)
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
katrinameltzner
I've been here a bit

Post by katrinameltzner »

Anne of Green Gables
Intentions are good;
Committment is necessary;
But in order to move forward,
Actions are required.
Joni_Slade
Pilgrim

Post by Joni_Slade »

What a great question! I love thinking about this. Certain fictional characters resonate with me in such a powerful way that I so so wish said characters were real so they could all come over for a party and mingle.

In no particular order:

Richard Maxwell, from AIO. When push comes to shove, he does the right thing no matter the cost.

Severus Snape, from Harry Potter. Yes, he is an unpleasant and--to quote the author--a horrible person. Not so fun to be around. But as a character? Brilliant. Even considering the events of the latest book, he is still completely open to interpretation.

Sam Vimes, from Terry Pratchett's Discworld books. A born cop, in a good way.

Auron, from Final Fantasy X. I can't really say why for spoilerish reasons.

Dash-X, from Eerie, Indiana. Ambiguity again.

Others include Diana Wynne Jones's Chrestomanci, Robert Jordan's Logain Ablar and Mazrim Taim, Terry Pratchett's Granny Weatherwax, Nanny Ogg, Havelock Vetinari and Death, Pratchett and Gaiman's Crowley and Aziraphale, JKR's Remus Lupin and Sirius Black, Kyrandia's Malcolm the Jester, George R. R. Martin's Arya Stark and Sandor Clegane, The Longest Journey's April Ryan, and The Pretender's Jared, Miss Parker, and Broots. And AIO's Whit.

Anybody else heard of any of these? :)

It's hard to decide, though. I love characters.
Last edited by Joni_Slade on Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Linne
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Linne »

From Books:

Anne of Green Gables
Emily of New Moon
Trixie Belden and Honey Wheeler
Turtle (T.R.) Wexler (from the Westing Game)
Beauty (from the book Beauty, based on beauty and the beast. )

From Movies:
Any of the good guys from LOTR
Captain Jack!
Riley from National Treasure
Elizabeth Bennet from Pride and Prejudice
Joni_Slade
Pilgrim

Post by Joni_Slade »

Barely Is wrote:Beauty (from the book Beauty, based on beauty and the beast. )
The one by Robin McKinley? I love that book.
Linne
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Linne »

Yeah, that one! I love it too!
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

Post by Rachael Blackgaard »

LOTR:

Legolas-- so dreamy in the movies
Eowyn-- she's a beautiful, strong woman.
Aragorn-- I don't know, he's just cool.

Kim Possible:
Shego-- She rocks! She's more 3-dimensional than you think.

Narnia:
Susan-- She was such a great character! Why did she have to turn away from the Truth?

Star Wars:
Mara Jade-- She's a force-strong assassin AND she marries Luke. What more do you need?

Harry Potter:
Sirius Black-- He reminds me of Aragorn

AIO:
Dr. Blackgaard--He's everything I WOULDN'T want in a real soulmate.
Jason-- He reminds me of what I WOULD want in a real soulmate.
Connie-- I can totally relate to her bouncing from one project to another in the blink of the eye.

My own books:
Antonio-- he's insane and refuses to acknowledge it. And he's drop-dead-gorgeous, too. Too bad he runs a world Crime Syndicate and doesn't believe in God.

There are probably a kajillion more, but I won't think of them until I hit submit.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Nancy Drew and Anne Shirley. Nancy would come first because I have been reading her mysteries since I learned how to read.
beka8910
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by beka8910 »

um... that would be Purdy from 101 Dalmations