Top Ten Odyssey Villains!!

Make your own list!

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Bennett
Someone's favorite

Top Ten Odyssey Villains!!

Post by Bennett »

10. RUSTY GORDON: Though he’s continued his destructive skills against Odyssey, we preferred Rusty Gordon when he flexed his personality skills in Darkness Before Dawn. Though only a sidekick to Rodney Rathbone, he’s gone solo and wrecked havoc against both the kids of Odyssey, and the adults, and served as the tough, big, and intimidating bully that he realistically needed to be.

9. RUSSEL KOSH, MARTIN FRANKLIN JONES: Loved these two!

8. HANK MURRAY: Hank Murray. Hank Murray. Hank Murray!

7. JELLYFISH: Jerry Houser was great when he visited his bad-side, and we still can't get him out of our mind when we hear Ben Shephard talk. Why was he called Jellyfish? Excessively slimy--A good swimmer? We still don’t know. Ain’t that great?

6. RICHARD MAXWELL: This badguy turned hero was the highlight of the "Daring Deeds, Sinister Schemes".

5. MONICA STONE: This seemingly redeemed bad-girl is certainly someone I want to hear from more again. She was a perfect match for Jason, being the only person who is able to trick him.

3. PHILIP GLOSSMAN: Paul McCusker hates his voice. We thought it was perfect. Odyssey’s oldest villain worked things from the political side, taking us years ti figure out he was working for criminal mastermind Dr. Regis Blackgaard.

2. BENNETT CHARLES: His voice is awesome, he escapes from prison, he almost made it Mexico...priceles.

1. DR. REGIS BLACKGAARD: Even now as I listen to him the man sends shivers down my spine. Just take another listen to the powerful scenes that MADE his villainous climactic moments; such as his secret meeting with Jason Whittaker in “The Return”, or his struggle with Whit in "Blackgaard's Revenge", or his stalemate with Jack in the tunnel before blowing himself up, or showing up again at the end of "A Name, not a number", or....the list can go on and on...

So what do you guys think? Who are your favorite villains? There are probably some I forgot! Take some time and make your own list, and add some reasons why!
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Bennett wrote:There are probably some I forgot!
Like #4? ;)
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Chandlah wrote:
Like #4? ;)
:lol:

WHERE IS RODNEY?!? :shock: He should be #3 for sure. :yes:
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Bennett
Someone's favorite

Post by Bennett »

American Eagle wrote:
Chandlah wrote:
Like #4? ;)

Oups! Actually, I had copied paste from a Word Document, and some got cut out. #4 was actually the Rathbones.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Bennett wrote:
American Eagle wrote:
Chandlah wrote:
Like #4? ;)

Oups! Actually, I had copied paste from a Word Document, and some got cut out. #4 was actually the Rathbones.
Ahh... that would explain it. It was odd that you didn't have him, and didn't have #4 at the same time. I really did wonder if that was the case. ;) Nice list! =D>
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Bennett wrote:
American Eagle wrote:
Chandlah wrote:
Like #4? ;)

Good choice! Bart would certainly be on my top ten list. :yes:

AE, go work on your math! :x
GlennAdams
Expecting a battle

Post by GlennAdams »

Hmm. I would have put Jellyfish a lot higher. I guess I'm biased because I really like his character.... Regis is certainly number one with Glossman coming in second.
I do what I do.
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

Top Ten Odyssey Villians

10 – Hank Murray: Funny one. Cracks me up all the time. He’s a bit lame though… dumb more like it… but, someone, right?

9 – Arthur Dent: Weird guy turned good. He made me laugh. Always a star… :) He was good for Novacom, I’ll give you that.

8 – Rodney Rathbone: Lame villain. Can’t see past the first thing to come to his mind. But he gets laughs, and he can be something. Not too bad, but lame. He doesn’t earn marks though for being stupidly observant/unobservant… okay, both… DBD was NOT his highlight in life!

7 – Agent Frank Phillips: Didn’t think he’d make the list? He was priceless when it comes to crazy cops… “ruined, totally ruined”… yeah, WAYLAID! But, he made the list, didn’t he? Not much to say, but he’s a villain…

6 – Dalton Kearn: Okay, I don’t know everything about this guy… but he was definitely annoying. Ugh… and a little but sidetracked with Everett and not the kind of villain you’d see everyday. I just…. He bugs me to no end what he did to Leonard… and even Eugene himself in the end! Take away a son/brother. He’s not nice… he does make the top list cause he’s a villain of uniqueness. (Dude, he might be worse than The Whisperer... but as you see, The Whisperer is not on this list!)

5 – Bennett Charles: Novacom’s baddie who like… really, got out of jail? How long did he think that would last? And then ran off with Mitch? He’s TRYING to be Blackgaard, and won’t make it… didn’t make it. Blah…

4 – Phillip Glossman: Sticky, slimy person! BAD BAD BAD!!!!!!

3 – Richard Maxwell: The love of my life that makes the bad list… that’s not good! But, otherwise, he was a bad guy who road the high life for a few episodes and crashed in the end… he worked well… and still find me coming back for more answers. Can’t you tell I’m intrigued, even still?

2 – Jellyfish: I would never leave Myron out of the mix. He was bad as ever. DBD will live in my memory forever because of THIS guy… Blackgaard doesn’t cut it. And I still wish I knew what his really bad streak was!

1 – Dr. Regis Blackgaard: Yes, number one in less than a second… Worst, best bad villain in the world. No movie, book, or news story could top this guy. He didn’t get the world, but he tried… and probably took a few people out on the way. May he NEVER come back… only in my mind!
Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

Post by Irwin »

No one's mentioned the Chairmen. :(
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

He was evil, but... we hardly knew much about him. Bennett Charles fit more in then the Chairman... But, I guess he's a villian...
Candy
CIA is my friend
CIA is my friend

Post by Candy »

10. Rodney Rathbone
9. Chairman
8. Bennet Charles
7. Hank Murray
6. Professor Bovril
5. Phillip Glossman
4. Jellyfish
3. Richard Maxwell
2. Monica Stone
1. Regis Blackgaard
I'd rather live as if there were a God, and found out there isn't, then to live as if there weren't a God, and find out there is.
Image Image
SivartM
Hamster
Hamster

Post by SivartM »

10. Rodney Rathbone - Annoying sort-of-villain.
9. Jellyfish - Rodney Rathbone if he was smarter.
8. Richard Maxwell - Jellyfish if he was smarter.
7. The Whisperer - More annoying than Rodney, but at least he has some sort of useful skill and doesn't just go around bullying people.
6. Rusty Gordon - You have to admire someone who can become famous by writing a book on a topic that nobody cares about and isn't even well written.
5. Dalton Kearn - Isn't it interesting how so many bad guys in Odyssey are doctors or experts in some field? I think it's part of their plan to undermine academia.
4. Philip Glossman - The Bryan Dern of politics. Nobody likes him, but they can't get rid of him for some reason.
3. Monica Stone - She has a brother named Duncan.
2. Dr. Regis Blackgaard - I wouldn't want him for a family physician.
1. John Avery Whittaker - As I mentioned earlier, most smart people are evil. Since he owns an encyclopedia company (which makes him rich, and as you all know, rich people can't go to heaven, which makes him even more evil), I don't think we can trust him. Hiding in the Middle East for long periods of time? Faking the deaths of government workers? Not to mention that secret computer room. We'd better keep our eyes on this one.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

SivartM wrote:1. John Avery Whittaker - As I mentioned earlier, most smart people are evil. Since he owns an encyclopedia company (which makes him rich, and as you all know, rich people can't go to heaven, which makes him even more evil), I don't think we can trust him. Hiding in the Middle East for long periods of time? Faking the deaths of government workers? Not to mention that secret computer room. We'd better keep our eyes on this one.
Nice... :-
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

1.) The dumb guy who held Whit hostage while he was dying of a staph infection after breaking his leg. :noway:
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

The Top Crusader wrote:1.) The dumb guy who held Whit hostage while he was dying of a staph infection after breaking his leg. :noway:
Do you mean... that guy... Lester!!!!!!!!
Pseudonym
Pleasantly Confused
Pleasantly Confused

Post by Pseudonym »

Number 10: Rodney Rathbone. Not an extremely bright fellow, but he can bully kids, so that counts as something.

Number 9: Philip Glossman. Very likeable character, to be sure!

Number 8: Monica Stone. Incredibly amazing person. Bring her back, already.

Number 7: Tasha Forbes. Yes, we know all about your plot to lure Jason to the dark side, and it has been FOILED.

Number 6: John Whittaker. As SivartM mentioned, he is HIGHLY dangerous. He doesn't even have any redeeming qualities. He preys on small children and lures them into his wonder emporium with ice cream. And then he makes them obese.

Number 5: Jared DeWhite. This was one bad kid. He went around plotting all sorts of vile misdeeds that many times you couldn't even tell he had planned. He devised an incredibly intricate plan to take over the world. He was actually the one who informed Novacom of Odyssey's strategic location; then he infiltrated the Witness Protection Program. You ever wonder why he was so paranoid? Because he KNEW so much.

Number 4: Bennett Charles. Actually Jared DeWhite's father, this great man adopted a new name once he began his little take-over-the-world plots. He kind of a deep voice.

Number 3: Regis Blackgaard. Actually Bennett Charles' brother/Jared DeWhite's uncle, he also has a deep voice AS WELL AS A CAT.

Number 2: The Chairman. This is actually John Whittaker's alternate personality. One personality secretly ruins kids' lives, while the other is open and honest about his evilness. Dangerous because we don't actually know his REAL name.

Number 1: Chris Anthony. That's right. Odyssey's top villain. That voice that oversees all, watching her little pawns run to and fro, doing her secret bidding. She used to reveal herself to Odyssey's citizens, but she recently took up a life of solitude, erasing every memory of her existence from the minds of Odyssey's citizens. The Chairman, Bennett, Whit, Eugene-- they're all just playing a minor role in the plot she has planned out for not just the small town of Odyssey, but the entire world. Just remember the next time you hear that cheerful voice at the end of an episode, that voice belongs to the person who is watching you day and night with both her and your technology. Why did Jared suddenly have to leave during the telephone interview in Album 50? Why is it that a mastermind like Bennett Charles can't ever escape? Why is it that the man who kept capturing Bennett Charles was sent to Budapest instead of getting an office job? Why does Connie wear nothing but a green sweater? The answers become clear once you know the truth. Unfortunately, by posting this, I'm in danger of having memory-erasing agents come after me. The good news is that you're in the same danger by reading this post. Don't worry; it doesn't hurt much. Just ask Arthur Dent.
So you lost your trust,
And you never should have.
No, you never should have.
But don't break your back
If you ever see this,
But don't answer that.
In a bullet proof vest
With the windows all closed,
I'll be doing my best
I'll see you soon.
Samurai Neil
Popsicle kid

Post by Samurai Neil »

Uh, Pseudonym, obviously the brain washers already got you. Because everyone knows that Paul McCuscker and Phil Lollar are the real villains in this sick twisted little radio takeover plot. AIO is just the beginning. Soon it will be TV, and then Electro Magnetic Waves! =P~ :mad:
COMING SOON: RANDOM ECONOMY TEXTBOOK QUOTES
Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

Post by Irwin »

I'll try to do this but there are too many awesome evil characters! :mad:

#1 Connie Kendall: Since everyone's listing a crazy one. Although she was a great protaginist in the early shows.
#2 Hank Murrey: An awesome surprise in "Treasure Hunt". Returning characters are always awesome
#3 Regis Blackgaard: Well of course!
#4 Richard Maxwell: Who doesn't love computer hackers?
#5 The Whisperer: Kind of annoying, but I like how his two parter unfolded.
#6 Jones/Thompson: Odyssey's first boot-leggers! Very clever how they trap Harley.
#7 The Redcoats: From good, old, and gold AIO#033 of course! The're tending their bee stings.
#8 Jellyfish: Evil awesome, a nice Blackgaard side-kick, when Richard turned on him, sort of.
#9 Dalton Kearn: Eugene needed a villan centered on him. This guy did that for him very well.
#10 Bart Rathbone He's like the villan who keeps coming back when you don't want him too.
Last edited by Irwin on Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kairi
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Kairi »

No, no, you're all wrong. The real villian is Dr. Dobson! :shock: The entire town is controlled by him! :shock:
*CAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW*
Samurai Neil
Popsicle kid

Post by Samurai Neil »

Kairi wrote:No, no, you're all wrong. The real villian is Dr. Dobson! :shock: The entire town is controlled by him! :shock:
You weren't supposed to tell! Now THEY know! Now THEY'RE coming for us!
COMING SOON: RANDOM ECONOMY TEXTBOOK QUOTES