Album 51 Final Cover *spoilers*

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Album 51 Final Cover *spoilers*

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Well, we still have over seventh months to go before we'll hear any episodes from Album 51, but at least we have the final album artwork. \:D/

Courtesy of the Official Site, this is what we have to look forward to:

Discuss.
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Jacob Isom
I'm not Gabe

Post by Jacob Isom »

I think neither Connie or Eugene look like Connie and Eugene. They look a bit off to me.
"Providing the Scoop on Adventures in Odyssey, one cone at a time."
http://www.odysseyscoop.com | Personal Site: http://www.jacobisom.org
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Well, of course Eugene is going to look different for obvious reasons. ;)

Connie looks far more lifelike and less cartoony than previous drawings of her... the same could be said of Eugene, for that matter.
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Jacob Isom
I'm not Gabe

Post by Jacob Isom »

It's gotta be symbolic of the new era we're entering for "Adventures in Odyssey." ;) haha - just kidding. I hate over-analyzing stuff.
"Providing the Scoop on Adventures in Odyssey, one cone at a time."
http://www.odysseyscoop.com | Personal Site: http://www.jacobisom.org
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Connie's eyes (if that is Connie - it must be her, but it doesn't quite look like her to me) are really traumatizing. :anxious: They're all bugged out and weird. But based on the ponytail, I would say that Mitch is definitely making a comeback, because I would say that the hair is definitely raspberry chestnut (a.k.a. purple). ;)
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Wow... Eugene gets a haircut... what an exciting album this will be. :roll: JK. \:D/ The cover looks cool, but the characters do appear a little changed. Fine by me... ;)
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Ugh...the art just gets worse and worse...it's a kids show not a Salvador Dali painting! :x
Peachey Keen
Smile for the camera
Post by Peachey Keen »

Not quite what I wanted. :(

Here's the one I made:
Mine makes the real one look better though,lol.
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

Wow. At least the guy doesn't look so old now.
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
Eugene
Official Brainiac
Official Brainiac

Post by Eugene »

Connie's look is actually quite nice, but there are two things that make Eugene not look like Eugene. His hair is supposed to go under his glasses, not in front of them. And his chin is way too pointy in that picture, if Gary fixed those two things (or at least the chin) then I would be happy.

But overall impression; very nice! :D

(I was going to say that that illustration doesn't resemble my appearance in the slightest way, but I thought that people would rather read what I actually thought of it.)
Last edited by Eugene on Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Don't fuss with me." WHY;
Bennett
Someone's favorite

Post by Bennett »

Hehe. "Take it from the "Top"? get it?

She sure is!!
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Tyler wrote:Ugh...the art just gets worse and worse!
My thoughts exactly.:roll:
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

Tyler wrote:Ugh...the art just gets worse and worse
Ditto. Like all the others, it's just way too cartoony. Eugene's bangs are like a foot long and his chin looks like Jay Leno on steroids, but his neck is about a half cm wide. And, did they just haul that kichen chair out to... a pasture? :-k

Also, does anybody else think Connie looks a little bit like Katie Leigh.
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
Kairi
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Kairi »

What in the world? They look like they could be from outer space. Maybe they are going to reference Area 51. >_>
*CAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW*
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

Connie does have the Katie look.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

Oh, yuck... that's just... horrible looking.... I would never BUY that album just because of the art on it... ugh...
Bennett
Someone's favorite

Post by Bennett »

I think I know the problem with many of the recent albums (by the way, I don't hate it...I think it is better than a few others we've had to endure) is that they don't symbolize the most exciting or greatest part of the album. In "The sky's the Limit", how is what Grady's doing really showing ANYTHING of what the album is about, or an important part of the album? "A Date with Dad" shows the same problem. "The Big Picture" shows Mandy and a Tuba instead of the old classic part where whit discovers Novacom? Which one sounds more exciting to you? Even that finger pointing down is a lot more mysterious and exciting. "Hidden Treasures" decreases the excitement of Tom finding Timmy's possession to Tom sulking over Timmy's possession. "Days to Remember's" new album is certainly representative. But who is the black kid on the show? Marvin? Who is he supposed to be? And again, certainly less exciting than Eugene falling off a bridge.

I congratulate remakes of album "Risks and Rewards" ,"Other times, other places" for at least making an attempt to remain as equally exciting. This is why it's called, "adventures" in odyssey. A haircut is not an adventure. Why buy an album where the most exciting thing in it is the haircut?

All in all, the artwork is quite enjoyable.
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

The vest is awful.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
greencardigan
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by greencardigan »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! :rofl2: I love this fake album cover. And since when are Eugene's eyes blue? I thought they were brown.
Who do I belong To? Not Earth, Not world, Not Evil, Not mortals, Not wretches, Not horrors

Who do I belong to? Unchanging. Unbreaking. Unfailing. Creator. Immortal. Eternal

Surrender to the sound.
Bennett
Someone's favorite

Post by Bennett »

greencardigan wrote:HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! :rofl2: I love this fake album cover. And since when are Eugene's eyes blue? I thought they were brown.
They are supposed to be blue. ("truth, Trivia, and Trina")