Dekker, Twilight, and Me.

Kill me if you want.

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
jasonjannajerryjohn
I revere the admins
I revere the admins

Post by jasonjannajerryjohn »

The reason why you only hear the wonderful heroes cursing is because the book is told from Harry's point of view, you don't see anything else, and of course everyone swears at some point however minor it would be. You can't expect people to be perfect. They are people after all. So I would say that that was a bit unfair toward the characters. Even though they are fictional so it doesn't matter does it? :P

But ya, JKR put the Christian themes in there delibritly and I actually read a book written by a pastor analyzing them, twas an interesting read.
Peri: Do you mean the TARDIS is malfunctioning again?
The Doctor: Malfunctioning? [pause] Malfunctioning? MALFUNCTIONING!?
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru

Post by Lord Sesshoumaru »

to add on to your point I've heard kids younger then Harry who basically needs their mouth washed out by soap. Those were elementary children at that. now I havnt a clue what they read/seen but I dont think they got it from those kind of books/movies. My guess would be they prolly hear it from the adults that are around their house (meaning parents and friends of parents)
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

-le shrug- I've been cussed out and flicked off simultaneously before. Furthermore, it was in elementary school.

And you're right in saying that they probably heard it from the adults around their house or something of the like. But I know people--and I've spent the night at their house before multiple times--who are like these little demons or something at school or whatever, and their parents? Their parents are the nicest people ever. Their parents don't ever curse or flick people off or anything. This could be to make a good impression on the guest, I don't know. But I do know that not all kids who need their mouth washed out with soap get these traits from their parents. They'll get it from either friends or the media. As a matter of fact, EXTREMELY accurate studies show that the top two leading influences in children and adolescents are 1) their friends and 2) the media. Parents are knocked down to number three.

And J-4, what book is that? I'd like to read it...
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru

Post by Lord Sesshoumaru »

I wonder if thats the same kind of study saying violent video games make children want to kill people
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

Anything's possible. I just heard that in church recently, so...
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog