Twilight: Love Story or Occultic Horror Flick?

Discuss the books that have taken even second-grade girls by storm

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

I shared a computer with another girl at school last year, and her desktop was a picture of Robert Pattinson with a idiotic look on his face and wearing an overly loose t-shirt so that I could see his chest hair ( :sick: ). It looked like he had just rolled out of bed.
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

The phrases I used are not copyright me. They are copyright The Town of Odyssey, because we're BEASTLY and we hate Twilight. Well, most of us. But still, we're awesome.
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

I don't hate Twilight; I'm just not a crazy fangirl. It's Harry Potter that I LOVE! and will go to war to defend how much it POUNDS Twilight into dust.

and I agree with Termite: Robert Pattinson just should not take his shirt off in movies. Ever. Give me Tyler Lautner any day. (oh dear, now I sound like a fangirl :anxious: :)

Till the end of the line.
TigerintheShadows

Taylor Lautner's hot. I'm not a fangirl either, but he's still hot.
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

:yes:! seconded!

princess_pearl412
Not as new

Post by princess_pearl412 »

Hey Guys! Check out www.pluggedin.com for Christian reviews on movies and stuff!
~Princess_Pearl412~
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

I already know about pluggedin.com; but thank you anywayz! :)

Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel

Post by Amethystic »

Personally, I disagree with their review of Twilight; they greatly under-estimate the subliminal messages within the book. :noway:
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

subliminal messages?

Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel

Post by Amethystic »

You know what? Nevermind. I don't want to explain my whole anti-Twilight theology again, and I'm not in the mood for a debate. :-#
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

okay, that's fine ;) I was just curious. Besides, I probably already have a pretty good idea about what you're gonna say.

TigerintheShadows

I read the "New Moon" review, and I agreed with pretty much everything in there. The guy who reviewed it has a great point--READ the thing, y'all!
AIO tumblr sideblog
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

amen to that! :thumbsup:

TigerintheShadows

I can't wait to see how bad the next two movies are. And there is, indeed, no way the Twilight will ever hope to be as awesome and beastly as Harry Potter. Y'see, in Harry Potter, the characters stand for morals one can consider OVERTLY GOOD. Twilight's morals were ambiguous and obscure if they were there at all. And if they were, Meyer probably realized at the last second, "Oh! I need the morals so the kiddies can read it!" and just put some random junk in there to make us think this was okay to read.
AIO tumblr sideblog
Power Boy
Not as new

Post by Power Boy »

Twilight is the most horrible excuse for a book series. It epitomizes all that is wrong with our society today. I mean, vampire love? Why? Not to mention the author botches all we know about vampires. Sparkling in sunlight my EYE! But it's much worse than just that. I haven't read the books or seen the movies, just heard the horror stories from people who have, so there's much more to rant about.
Hey, look! It's an obvious distraction!
TigerintheShadows

I've found another thing I'm going to scream in theaters if I ever see a Twilight movie. When Edward first appears, I'll have brought a wooden cross and I'll holler out, "BEGONE, FOUL DEMON!"

Having my brother (who, in case you want to look him up--MAJOR LOTR fan--is militaryhistory on FanFiction.Net) allows you to be a mad literalist in only the cases in which it annoys people the most.
AIO tumblr sideblog
Elrohir
I'm memorable

Post by Elrohir »

Isaiah 1:14
Your New Moon festivals and your appointed feasts my soul hates. They have become a burden to me; I am weary of bearing them
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

:shock:

:hilarious: I'd LOVE for Stephenie Meyers to see that!! :lol: I'm so putting that on Facebook.
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Iron and Light
Night is Falling
Night is Falling

Post by Iron and Light »

Meh.. the books were absolutely atrocious... in every way possible. I kind of liked the first movie (despite the fact that it was all plagiarism from classic vampire material such as Dracula, as well as more modern stuff like Interview With the Vampire... and it completely shamed vampire's good- er, bad :p- names); but the hype over the whole franchise, Robert Pattinson, and Taylor Lautner (or however you spell those dorks' names) has really made me feel sick to my stomach, and I don't even want to watch New Moon at all.
TigerintheShadows

Termite wrote::shock:

:hilarious: I'd LOVE for Stephenie Meyers to see that!! :lol: I'm so putting that on Facebook.
Putting what on Facebook?
Iron and Light wrote:Robert Pattinson, and Taylor Lautner (or however you spell those dorks' names)
You got them right, Iron and Light.

Oh, look at that. I made a rhyme that time.
AIO tumblr sideblog