Twilight: Love Story or Occultic Horror Flick?

Discuss the books that have taken even second-grade girls by storm

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

The verse. Even the Twilight fanatic laughed. \:D/
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

I totally agree with you. Twilight is an occultic movie about vampires. It's such a big hit that even here in West Africa Twilight is showing everywhere. (I'm an MK in West Africa and a big AIO fan.) I truly believe that it should be banned. I won't be reading it or watching any movies with Robert Pattison.
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

Someone once said to me in gym that there was a movie that said Robert Pattinson hates kids. Wonder what he's going to do with the actress for Renesmee in the last movie.
Last edited by TigerintheShadows on Sat May 01, 2010 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

I started rereading Twilight again a couple weeks ago...and I'm loving it so much more than I ever have.
so therefore I might become much more of a fan than I was before. just a warning.

Till the end of the line.
TigerintheShadows

Shennifer...I am very disappointed in you...you have betrayed me... :(
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Shennifer, have you read what everyone else has said? Twilight isn't good! Well, then again, it's up to everyone to make their descision.
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru

Post by Lord Sesshoumaru »

MITCHnTRENT wrote:Shennifer, have you read what everyone else has said? Twilight isn't good! Well, then again, it's up to everyone to make their descision.
everyone may have said that but remember if everyone was jumping off a cliff would you?
I'm not saying I like twilight or approve of it but just cause "everyone" dislikes it or likes it is not really a good reason to swing to one side or the other.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

thanks, Lord Sesshoumaru! and Tiger, I'm sorry, but I'm having a different perspective now. I do think Kristen Stewarts acting-and mostly everyones-is crummy in the first movie. But I think New Moon did a lot better, and I still love Harry Potter more. nuff said. and I hope we can still be friends...
Last edited by Shennifer on Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Hm... Not to start a debate, or anything, but out of curiosity why do you like it? :-k Just wondering. :)
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

I'm liking it more now because the writing isn't bugging me anymore (It's still not brilliant or anything, but I don't think it's awful anymore.) Plus, I'm liking the characters loads more, and I'm reading it with a fresh perspective and more enthusiasm. I don't think I'll become crazy about the books though, because they are kinda boring and poorly written still. And the 3rd and 4th ones really suffered as far as the characters, plot, and the amped up sensuality.

I do think I like the movies a tad more simply because I'm a bit more of a movie person.
Last edited by Shennifer on Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TigerintheShadows

You are forgiven, Shennifer. :) I'm usually the type who thinks the books are, more often than not, better than the movies. Twilight is my exception. To quote ex-fangirls from FanFiction.Net, "The last book was almost like a fanfiction, it was so bad."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

yeah, the last one had THE most anti climactic ending in the world. It stunk. And thanks for forgiving me, Tiger :) What's weird is that even though I am starting to like Twilight more, I still can bash it for stuff, so I'm on both sides. Either sing it's praises or curse it to kingdom come, I don't think I care that much ;)

Trixie Belden
Honourary Narnian
Honourary Narnian

Post by Trixie Belden »

To me it is a morally corrupt, bad, bad, bad, bad series. Not to be hard on anyone, but it's just really degrading and shows horrible behavior. Come on, do we really want young girls to be imitating the kind of actions Bella does? She behaves really innapropriatly. I don't understand why some parents are even pushing their daughters to read it.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

*pushing* their daughters to read it? *shudders* now that's just plain scary.

Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Hmm... Do you, personally, know parents who are pushing their daughters to read it? Or are you just taking that from your *apparent* dislike of them? Just wondering..
Love you always, SnC
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

^are you talking to me or Trixie? if you're talking to me, then no, I don't personally know any parents pushing their daughters to read Twilight. I think that's kinda scary because no, they aren't the best books, and can fill a young girls head with inappropriate thoughts and fantasies. Or anyone's head for that matter, I do not exclude older girls from those things.

Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Nope, I was talking to Trixie. Guess I shoulda clarified. :- My bad.
Love you always, SnC
Baragon
Party Pooper

Post by Baragon »

I decided to watch the first movie... since I kept hearing 'great' reviews about it and thought it looked stupid... But I tried going into it with an open mind.... It was even dumber than I expected, though. :(

The acting was bad, the dialogue was lacking, and the 'special effects' shouldn't even be called 'special.' Were they supposed to look that bad? Seriously, I want to know!
Dr. Watson wrote:The main reason for the Civil War was so that rednecks can drive around with Confederate flags in their pickup trucks.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Bells wrote:Nope, I was talking to Trixie. Guess I shoulda clarified. :- My bad.
that's okay \:D/ all is forgiven.

Sherlock
Solicitor Non Grata

Post by Sherlock »

Baragon wrote:I decided to watch the first movie... since I kept hearing 'great' reviews about it and thought it looked stupid... But I tried going into it with an open mind.... It was even dumber than I expected, though. :(

The acting was bad, the dialogue was lacking, and the 'special effects' shouldn't even be called 'special.' Were they supposed to look that bad? Seriously, I want to know!
Haha, I saw it for pretty much the same reason too and it reminded me of a really low budget film that wasted it's high budget on .... something other than acting and special effects?

Though, a few of my friends and I did reconvene again in August and had a fun Mystery Science Theatre 3000-esque time of it when the DVD was released. ;)