The Door Within

Have any of you read...

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
Ryder
Catspaw Rocks!

The Door Within

Post by Ryder »

So, who else on the ToO, besides myself, has read this series and what did you think of them?
Many thanks to her awesome Snubness for the super cool sig and avatar \:D/!
HEAR YE, HEAR YE! Our sixth football pool is now underway!!! Play it! PLAY IT NOW!!
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru

Post by Lord Sesshoumaru »

I've never heard of em
Kairi
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Kairi »

I've read them. I liked the first two books, but the third one felt like a ripoff of the Last Battle. The main characters dying at the end, staying in a mystical land, etc. But I did love the idea of Glimpses. \:D/
*CAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW*
Ryder
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Ryder »

Yeah, I thought the books were really great, but I'm with you concerning the third one.
Many thanks to her awesome Snubness for the super cool sig and avatar \:D/!
HEAR YE, HEAR YE! Our sixth football pool is now underway!!! Play it! PLAY IT NOW!!
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

That could make a good argument. The characters died in The Realm, then went to the Heaven in The Realm, because that was the Heaven that everyone went to. Even the humans who never went to The Realm "join" their Glimpse in the same body and go to Hell in The Realm. "The Story" was the Bible, and "King Eliam" was Jesus. So, you can't really say it's a rip-off of The Last Battle, completely...
Last edited by Termite on Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein