Do you collect Comic Books?

Aka. Are you a nerd?

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")

Are you a nerd? (aka. Do you collect comic books?)

Yes!!!!111
33%
Yes, but I'm not proud of it. I try to stop.
No votes
No...
56%
No, comic are child-ish.
11%

Total votes: 9

Robo
A great mapmaker

Do you collect Comic Books?

Post by Robo »

So who here collects comics books and/or graphic novels? How many do you have? What kind are you into?

I collect them, both comics books and graphic novels. Yes, I'm a big time nerd. I have about 118 comic books and about 15 graphic novels. The thing that got me into comics was the awesome super heroes and the bi-monthly Bionicle comics I'd get with my LEGO magazine. But, now I'm mostly into the not so mainstream stuff or "un-heard-of" heroes like The Shadow, Darkman, and Scud. Doug TenNapel is my favorite Artist, I have many of his graphic novels and half of them are signed.

So what about you nerds?

-Robert
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

I don't collect comics... but my bother has his NEW comic out! You can check it out at http://www.herobuildercomics.com.
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Robo
A great mapmaker

Post by Robo »

Cool beans! High five your brother for me. I'm currently working on my first graphic novel.

-Robert
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I have a few thousand stuffed away in boxes... I collected regularly for years but have probably bought less than five in the last three years.

I have the occasional DC or "other" but my collections is basically all Marvel... I got just about every Spider-man and Hulk title that came out for quite a few years there, and a good amount of Captain America, Avengers, Punisher, and Fantastic Four. Plus the occasional other random issue or big crossover storyarc.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

I don't think I've ever bought a comic book. I can understand why someone would, but I was more into football/basketball/baseball cards as a kid. \:D/
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Iron and Light
Night is Falling
Night is Falling

Post by Iron and Light »

I've never really been into comic books... and the only graphic novels I have are like.. four of the Left Behind graphic novels. The Circle Trilogy graphic novels look cool, but that's about it.

My brother Ryder loves comic books, though :p.
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru

Post by Lord Sesshoumaru »

The Top Crusader wrote:I have a few thousand stuffed away in boxes... I collected regularly for years but have probably bought less than five in the last three years.

I have the occasional DC or "other" but my collections is basically all Marvel... I got just about every Spider-man and Hulk title that came out for quite a few years there, and a good amount of Captain America, Avengers, Punisher, and Fantastic Four. Plus the occasional other random issue or big crossover storyarc.
Well if they are going to stay in boxes can I have the Captain America ones? :-)

I have only recently gotten into comics. before they were to expensive and confusing. I've mainly collected Marvel Comic's Strange Tails from the 80's. Featuring Cloak & Dagger and Dr Strange.
From time to time I've got some other comics like of Cap or Thor but I found a good place to jump into with the strange tails and they aint expensive where I get them.

I also have a few manga's, their like Japanese comics
Smaug the Dragon
If posts were pigs...

Post by Smaug the Dragon »

I think the only comic book I've ever read was one I had written myself...

Oh wait, except for Snoopy! I have lots of Peanuts books. And a Garfield book, somewhere...
Ingress Neverwhere
Resident Perditorian

Post by Ingress Neverwhere »

Love. Love, love, love my comic book collection. Right now my series of choice is Marvel's Runaways; I collect both the individual issues as well as the digests. The only other series I follow/have followed faithfully is Image Comics' Lions, Tigers and Bears. I have the digests of volumes 1 & 2, and I'm anxiously awaiting the release of volume 3. And I can't forget my favorite newspaper comic strip, Get Fuzzy.

-Kim
The Bible that is falling apart belongs to the person who isn't.

But nobody else is gonna put it right for me,
Nobody but me is gonna change my story!
Sometimes you have to be a little bit naughty!
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

I have a few Dilbert commemoration books around...
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

If newspaper strip comics count, my family has tons of them, since my brother owns a ton of Dilbert! \:D/ Good stuff. We also have some assorted Calvin and Hobbes books and some Pearls Before Swine books....though the older ones are better than the newer ones. :( It's kind of lame now. But no comic books in the Marvel/'other stuff that the guys on the TV show "Big Bang Theory" love' sense of the word. ;)
Robo
A great mapmaker

Post by Robo »

Well, I didn't mention that I have four Dilbert books (I love Dilbert), some Calvin and Hobbes, and a few Far Sides; but I wasn't counting those. I suppose those count in theory, but I was mainly talking about non-newspaper comics. So, I count mangas, just not the funnies.

-Robert