Eragon!

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
Casey Doyle
Found

Eragon!

Post by Casey Doyle »

Who else is anticipating the last book in the Inheritance cycle? This is the place to discuss Eragon!
Merry Christmas!
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

I'm getting this all straight. Eragon, Eldest and Brisingr were the first three books, and a fourth-unnamed book is being made? I haven't read any of them (and don't plan to), but I watched the movie Eragon. It was okay. :- \:D/
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

Yes. A fourth book is being made.

I have the first two books.. my sister owns the third book... and I have yet to read any of them... haha... I know. Bad me. But half my library is of books I own,but never read... and trying to!

My sister will be excited there will be a fourth one!
Casey Doyle
Found

Post by Casey Doyle »

Yes, I just wish he had done what he said and made a trilogy. Oh well, at least we can read it that much longer!
Merry Christmas!
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Eragon makes me sick. The movie, that is. The book wasn't so bad... Eldest got corny... Brisingr made it better. :D And I'm interested in how the fourth is going to turn out, even though I think I can guess half of it. :tongue2:
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Robo
A great mapmaker

Post by Robo »

American Eagle wrote:but I watched the movie Eragon. It was okay. :- \:D/
I saw the movie, which I agree was just okay, but I hear the book was way better. It's on my reading list.

-Robert
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

The movie compared to the book is ten times worse than Prince Caspian was. They change the story line completely, leave out the most important part and two of the most important people of the book, and it's way too short. The book is over 500 pages... Not even a two hour movie? Come on... The only good part about the movie was Sapphira's fire.

Honestly... The movie could stand completely alone. :tongue2: That's how bad it is. Now, it was a good movie, but abolutely nothing like the book. No exxagerations here, either.
Last edited by Termite on Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Dude, its like trying to compare the Harry Potter movies to their books... they are bound to miss just about everything important, HONEST! The storyline goes blah... and well, the books win over the movies, hands down, all the time.

My sister says the same thing though. The book is ten times better than the movie. (I liked the movie... even though I couldn't pay attention either times I watched it...)

So... its like oil and water here... watch the movie, read the book afterwards.. (sometimes the best choice in these situations...)
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Well, it honestly did change the story line and leave out the three most important parts. (that have massive meanings in the later books) Did you read the book, DAM? Just wondering.
Love you always, SnC
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Um, I think I kinda implied I have not... haven't had the time within the past... three years to get a jump on that...
Casey Doyle
Found

Post by Casey Doyle »

Well, I have never seen the movie, and from what I'm seeing, it would have ruined my perception of the book anyway.
Merry Christmas!
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Well, you should probably watch it anyway. Sapphira makes it worth it. As does the shiny sword. \:D/
Love you always, SnC
Casey Doyle
Found

Post by Casey Doyle »

Do you mean Zar'roc?
Merry Christmas!
Boswell
Classic

Post by Boswell »

I tried to get into them when the movie was new and popular, but I found the books to be thoroughly unreadable. Poor, predictable stories, and nauseatingly fantasy-standard dialogue. I have read all three of them, because once I start a series of something I don't like to quit before I'm finished: I even read Dan Brown's novels, The Da Vinci Code and Angels & Demons, though they were among the laziest and tedious books I've ever had the misfortune to read (I made a special exception for His Dark Materials, the first book being The Golden Compass; by the time I reached the third book I had to turn it away in disgust).
Johnny
Local Conspiracy theorist
Local Conspiracy theorist

Post by Johnny »

Boswell wrote:I tried to get into them when the movie was new and popular, but I found the books to be thoroughly unreadable. Poor, predictable stories, and nauseatingly fantasy-standard dialogue. I have read all three of them, because once I start a series of something I don't like to quit before I'm finished: I even read Dan Brown's novels, The Da Vinci Code and Angels & Demons, though they were among the laziest and tedious books I've ever had the misfortune to read (I made a special exception for His Dark Materials, the first book being The Golden Compass; by the time I reached the third book I had to turn it away in disgust).
Die by steamroller! :x

;)

I find the books to be alright, they aren't on LoTR level but I reread them all the time. Specifically Eldest and Brisingr, which I like better than the first book. I am anticipating the fourth book as well.