Superhero Hype

discuss different expectations, hopes, and dissapointments of upcoming heroes

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!

What's your fave superhero movie so far?

X-men 2
14%
Spiderman 2
43%
Batman Begins
43%
Fantastic Four
No votes
Elektra
No votes
Catwoman
No votes
The Hulk
No votes

Total votes: 7

Larry The Pickle
If posts were pigs...
Location: An uncharted Island, thought to exist only in myth.

Superhero Hype

Post by Larry The Pickle »

I was looking forward to the next batman film... until I heard that Justin Timberlake might be Two Face! :dumb:

And I am VERY dissapointed to find out that in X3, theres going to be a "hot stripper" character! ](*,)

What news do you have?
Evolution is a faith, not a science!
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

The first two X-men films were GREAT... but they have a new team working on the 3rd and it's looking more and more awful.

I had thought Two-Face wasn't going to be around until Batman 3, but I suppose they would need to introduce Harvey Dent in Batman 2.
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

JT in a movie? Yucky!

I like Elektra just because Jennifer G was in it. She's one of my favorite actresses, though I disapprove of her personal life...

Spiderman 1 & 2 were the greatest Marvel movies to date, followed by X-men. The next one I'm looking forward to is...S3. Other than that, Fantastic Four was good, funny and entertaining, but didn't follow the comic very closely.
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Hey, I just noticed... why no Punisher, Daredevil, Constantine, Hellboy, Blade, or League of Extraordinary Gentlemen in the poll? :(
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

Because those movies were too horrible to warrent inclusion? Just a guess. Heeeeeeheheh!
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
Aslan
Smile for the camera

Post by Aslan »

spider man 2

Life is worth living, so live the best life that you can
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

LovedbyGod wrote:Because those movies were too horrible to warrent inclusion? Just a guess. Heeeeeeheheh!
hehe... Punisher was pretty good, LXG and Hellboy were decent, but it really aren't up to par with the others already on the poll... the others mentioned, well... ;)

But hey, CATWOMAN made it to the poll! That's like the worst movie ever! :D
dancer02248
I've been working out

Post by dancer02248 »

i'm not a big superhero person, but i kinda like Spiderman....never saw Spiderman 2 though...actually i heard that spiderman 2 was bad.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

dancer02248 wrote:i'm not a big superhero person, but i kinda like Spiderman....never saw Spiderman 2 though...actually i heard that spiderman 2 was bad.
Well, someone may have said that, but it's pretty much acclaimed as "best super hero movie ever" by most critics/common rabble, etc.
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

Um yes. It's the BESTEST OF EVER THERE WAS! :anxious:
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

The Top Crusader wrote:Well, someone may have said that, but it's pretty much acclaimed as "best super hero movie ever" by most critics/common rabble, etc.
True, though I hated both Spiderman 1 and 2. I don't even know why, but just watching the movies I thought they weren't very good and I have no desire to rewatch them. :(

Though I think X-Men 2 was the best superhero film to date.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

I have to admit to liking SM2 above the others... but Punisher and X-men 2 were right up there.

Too bad X-Men 3 is looking to be terrible. :(
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

The Top Crusader wrote:Too bad X-Men 3 is looking to be terrible. :(
I know, I hate that too... Superman is my favorite superhero, and I'm glad Bryan Singer is doing Superman Returns, but I wish he could have done both Superman Returns and X-men 3. :(
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

Shadowpaw wrote: True, though I hated both Spiderman 1 and 2. I don't even know why, but just watching the movies I thought they weren't very good and I have no desire to rewatch them.
*mouth drops open *
:shame: :shame: :shame: :shame: :shame: :shame: :shame: :shame: :shame: :shame: :shame: :shame: :shame:
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

Post by Rachael Blackgaard »

I haven't seen a lot of these movies, so I'll wait to vote until I do.

I'm glad to hear that Batman Begins is so awesome, because X-Men was kind of a bummer for me. The X-Men were once my favorite superheroes, so despite the moral flaws in the first one, I was really looking forward to X2-- until I heard about some of the stuff in it. I highly doubt I'll ever want to fill my head with that much garbage, so I highly doubt I'll ever watch X2.

I've been very happy with both of the Spiderman movies and look forward to the third one. They've both been more or less wholesome, and I love movies that don't leave me feeling like I've just eaten a ton of junk food. And the graphics and storyline and everything were good, too.

Elektra I have not seen, and have no desire to. Although I will say this: if the novel I'm writing were EVER made into a movie, I would want Jennifer starring in it.

I have yet to see Fantastic Four, but I really hope it's not trashy like X-Men. The human torch concerns me; he's sort of a bad boy (by my standards, at least), but he's so charming and adorable it's hard not to like him. He's the type of troublemaker I would have a hard time not getting involved with. That's just what I've seen in the commercials, though.

I'm writing my own story about a superhero, but I don't think it'll ever be made into a movie :-)