GREEN

Ted Dekker's new thriller

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
Shadowfax

GREEN

Post by Shadowfax »

Behold ye Dekker fans... From the best-selling author, Ted Dekker's new novel GREEN is released in September of 2009...

For the code when you sign up, use: 5325
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

SHADOWFAX! Are you back??
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

I just pre-ordered Green today and got the special Circle deck of cards! \:D/ It's awesome. I can't wait for the book.
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Shadowfax

Post by Shadowfax »

Termite wrote:I just pre-ordered Green today and got the special Circle deck of cards! \:D/ It's awesome. I can't wait for the book.
Sweet! I want to get the free pendant. \:D/
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

I looked at the graphic novels at a Christian bookstore, and they were pretty... lame? :anxious: I'm guessing the regular books are a lot better, though. \:D/
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Fang-wa
Avian American
Avian American

Post by Fang-wa »

American Eagle wrote:I looked at the graphic novels at a Christian bookstore, and they were pretty... lame? :anxious: I'm guessing the regular books are a lot better, though. \:D/
Several hundred times better. :yes:
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

lol. The graphic novels weren't that bad. :tongue2: But you still should read the books. Very good allegory. \:D/ I thought the graphic novels were pretty good, actually. :- Thomas was awesome.
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Casey Doyle
Found

Post by Casey Doyle »

Yes. I can't wait to see how he ties everything up!!
Merry Christmas!
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Has anyone else finished reading Green yet? I'm about 80% through... definitely an interesting read so far and certainly no lack of intensity!
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

I read it yesterday after I got it! :yes: It's probably my favorite out of The Lost Books of History series. \:D/ I just love how Ted Dekker weaves it into one dramatic finish. It literally is the beginning and the end. When I finished it, I was laughing hysterically (yet quietly, it was around 11:30) and going "OM-G", which I rarely say.
Love you always, SnC
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

So do I have to reread the other color ones before I read this? >_>
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

No, you don't. The book is intended to serve as a "beginning" as well as an "end" to the Circle series. I haven't touched Black, Red, or White in three or four years.
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Okay cool, me too. I didn't want to have to reread anything.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

It'll make a lot more sense if you read the paradise novels, Showdown, Sinner, and Saint and the Lost Books series. Then it really ties everything together.
Love you always, SnC
Fang-wa
Avian American
Avian American

Post by Fang-wa »

Oh it does? That'll be helpful then. :) Wait, how'd you know? You've read it already?!? :insane:
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

I got it two days ago. \:D/ Of course I've already read it.
Love you always, SnC
Fang-wa
Avian American
Avian American

Post by Fang-wa »

Everyone always reads new books before me!! :mecry: / :noway:
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

I finished reading Green this evening, and I must admit I was slightly disappointed. Even though I tried reading it from the perspective of one who had never read the original Circle Trilogy before, it was hard to forget what had happened in the first three... and for that reason I think Green is much more satisfying as a beginning than an end. I almost felt cheated by the ending. I was hoping it'd be a much more interesting twist than it turned out to be. Still an enjoyable read, but not as good as the originals.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Have you read the Paradise Novels or The Lost Books? Having read them, it gave it all a new perspective.
Love you always, SnC
Fang-wa
Avian American
Avian American

Post by Fang-wa »

Trent DeWhite wrote:I finished reading Green this evening, and I must admit I was slightly disappointed. Even though I tried reading it from the perspective of one who had never read the original Circle Trilogy before, it was hard to forget what had happened in the first three... and for that reason I think Green is much more satisfying as a beginning than an end. I almost felt cheated by the ending. I was hoping it'd be a much more interesting twist than it turned out to be. Still an enjoyable read, but not as good as the originals.
See what I mean? Everyone.. :noway: Everyone be sure to use
tags to I don't see anything before I read it. :tongue2: