Bible

How many of you really read your Bible everyday?

At the Second Church of Odyssey you'll find different ways of expressing your beliefs, finding prayer support or being encouraged through regular devotionals.

How Often do you read your Bible?

Everyday
70%
Alternatively
17%
Oncea week
13%
Oncea month
No votes

Total votes: 23

Hakeber BC Rathbne Doyle

Bible

Post by Hakeber BC Rathbne Doyle »

How many of you really read your Bible everyday? I do, twice too. I think it's the best book in the world.
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

Yes, the Bible is the BEST book. I used to read it everyday, and I should, but I have been slacking! ](*,)

Oh, and this needs to be in the church.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

**moving to First Church**
Aslan
Smile for the camera

Post by Aslan »

what time i read the whole bible in one year

Life is worth living, so live the best life that you can
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

I should read it every day, but I don't. *is shamefaced*
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

I have been reading the Bible every day as of late, but I can't say it always happens.

One thing I have to guard against is reading the Bible just to read it, just to check it off, just to appease my guilty conscience, just to make myself feel spiritual. Lately, and thankfully, I've been seeking the Lord, asking Him to speak to me, reveal to me His truths through his Word.
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Yeah, I read every day.
PonysHorses
Found

Post by PonysHorses »

My family has our own program where we read 1 chapter in the new testiment, and 5 chapters in the old one.... we finish the whole bible in a year. It is a really cool program my dad made! We even memorize a verse for each week!
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

I read my Bible, and several devo books, every day.
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

I just finished reading the Bible for the first time. I have read many books in it, but never the whole thing. Last year on this date, it was the last day of camp, I decided to read my Bible in a year and finish on the last say of camp this year (today). While I tried/try to read a little bit everuy day, I DO forget sometimes. I am very proud to say that I finished it by my deadline. In fact I had so many peopel encourageing me this week at camp thatI finished it a day early. If I had read it every day, I am sure I would have finished it ages ago, but Godhad me finsih when I did for a reasdon, and eneded up iusing a lot of what I was reading and connected it to what was going on both at camp and back at home.
A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man would have to seek Him to find her.

JF, JesusFreak777, and JF777 are all copyrighted by this user. Any violators will be fined and prosecuted. Thank you.
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

Praise the Lord for that, JF777!
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

I read my Bible pretty much every day, though I read mine in the morning at 5:30 or so. Often, I'm so sleepy I can't concentrate...:(
Hakeber BC Rathbne Doyle

Post by Hakeber BC Rathbne Doyle »

I read now about thrice a day, sometimes less though
AioMan
Catspaw Rocks!
Location: The Imagination Station, Whit's End, Mcallister Park, Odyssey, Ohio, United States, North America

Post by AioMan »

I read it everyday. You eat everyday, don't you?
Whit: The Best is yet to come. (from "A Prayer for George Barclay" and "Gone.....")

Eugene: Impossible! Prepositions are not words that I end sentences with! (from "Poor Loser")

Arthur Dent: Operation: Thinktank will enslave the human race. Would you like a muffin? (from "Box of Miracles")
gimp80995
No way I broke the window

Post by gimp80995 »

I must admit that I don't read my Bible everyday. I did for a while, but lately I've been slacking and read it between 3 and 5 days a week. I do have a few devoitionals that I read each day though, so if I can keep up with reading them, I guess I don't have much of an excuse for not reading the Bible everyday.

Peace Out

-Gimp
God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.
Andrea Meltsner
I've been working out

Post by Andrea Meltsner »

I do try to read it every day. the question is how hard are you trying?
Doctor Who is Awesome

I couldn't stay away

Nerdfighter for Life!
Master Kenobi
I've been here a bit

Post by Master Kenobi »

I read my bible every day, mainly due to the fact that I have a book known as "One-Minute Bible Studies 4 Students". I contains one brief bible study for every day of the year.
gimp80995
No way I broke the window

Post by gimp80995 »

Maybe I should start doing sermons at church again :wink: That's when I got in the habbit of reading my Bible every day because when I'd be preparing for a sermon, I didn't have time to sit down for one day to go through and look for Bible texts I wanted to use (who does???), so I'd go through bit by bit each day......then even on the weeks that I wasn't going to be doing the sermon, I was always looking for sermon ideas, so I still read my Bible every day.......then when I left that church, it was part of my normal routine.

Peace Out

-Gimp
God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.
Missionary
Hexadecimal teenager

Post by Missionary »

I read my Bible every day.
A few years ago, I needed help being cosistant in my Bible reading, so I came up with a plan to help me. Every morning, I would read my Bible and then, place it on my pillow. That night, I would see it on my pillow before I went to bed and I would remember to read my Bible. Then, I would place my Bible somewhere where I would see it in the morning. Since I saw my Bible every morning and night, I remembered to read it too! After a few months, I didn't have to do this anymore. I was in the habit of reading my Bible and had grown to love it. This has lasted several years since.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

I'll be completly honest; I don't right now. I study it, but not as much as I should, a situation I plan on fixing soon. I used to read it every night around 9 o'clock, but that habit was lost sometime.

-Jonathan