Favorite Upcoming 2009 Movies: VOTE!

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!

Which of the following 2009 films are you anticipating?

G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra
8%
District 9
1%
Shorts
No votes
Gamer
1%
5%
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
8%
The Informant!
3%
Shutter Island
3%
Astro Boy
1%
Where the Wild Things Are
9%
A Christmas Carol
7%
5%
The Fantastic Mr. Fox
1%
Planet 51
3%
New Moon
5%
Old Dogs
1%
The Princess and the Frog
15%
5%
Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakuel
11%
Sherlock Holmes
5%

Total votes: 74

American Eagle
Chief of Police
Favorite Upcoming 2009 Movies: VOTE!

Post by American Eagle »

Vote in this poll! You may select as many as you wish. This isn't all the remaining 2009 films, but the ones I selected. Post what you voted. :D
Last edited by American Eagle on Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

:highfive: to whoever also voted for "The Princess and the Frog"! \:D/ I saw a trailer before "Up" and thought it looked quite intriguing. My brother thought it looked lame, but obviously boys aren't smart enough to discern true Disney princess greatness. :noway:
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Catspaw wrote::highfive: to whoever also voted for "The Princess and the Frog"! \:D/ I saw a trailer before "Up" and thought it looked quite intriguing. My brother thought it looked lame, but obviously boys aren't smart enough to discern true Disney princess greatness. :noway:
*cough* It was I, one of them boys who aren't smart enough to discern true Disney princess greatness. \:D/

(I voted for several of them.)

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
xiao
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by xiao »

Where the Wild Things Are!! \:D/
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

xiao wrote:Where the Wild Things Are!! \:D/
I don't understand where all the type for this movie is coming from. It looks like a cheaper version of Narnia... but I'll see it eventually. \:D/

xiao

Post by xiao »

American Eagle wrote:
I don't understand where all the type for this movie is coming from. It looks like a cheaper version of Narnia... but I'll see it eventually. \:D/
....WHAT.

Have you even seen the trailer?!? It's nothing like Narnia whatsoever - have you read the book? It's not even close. And by the way, quality-wise this movie looks like it blows Narnia out of the water - it's more art and less special effects, more nostalgic and original and inspiring and just....

ugh. nevermind. : P
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

xiao wrote:
American Eagle wrote:
....WHAT.

Have you even seen the trailer?!? It's nothing like Narnia whatsoever - have you read the book? It's not even close. And by the way, quality-wise this movie looks like it blows Narnia out of the water - it's more art and less special effects, more nostalgic and original and inspiring and just....

ugh. nevermind. : P
Haha, well, I'm guessing you're a fan of the book, so that helps. The characters looked like Sesame Street costumes to me, but it looks pretty good still. ;)

xiao

Post by xiao »

American Eagle wrote:Haha, well, I'm guessing you're a fan of the book, so that helps. The characters looked like Sesame Street costumes to me, but it looks pretty good still. ;)
I was when I was a kid.

Er... yes, very alike. ;)
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

xiao wrote:
American Eagle wrote:Haha, well, I'm guessing you're a fan of the book, so that helps. The characters looked like Sesame Street costumes to me, but it looks pretty good still. ;)
I was when I was a kid.

Er... yes, very alike. ;)
Haha, that's pretty good. \:D/

StupendousMan
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by StupendousMan »

Yeah I'm actually kinda excited for the princess and the frog cause I support disney going back to their 2d roots and leaving the 3d stuff up to pixar.
Scientific progress goes BOINK!
Romans 8:28 - And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.
Elrohir
I'm memorable

Post by Elrohir »

Princess and the Frog definitely! And you forgot to include Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland!
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Elrohir wrote:Princess and the Frog definitely! And you forgot to include Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland!
I would have included that (I don't know if I'll ever watch it...), but it doesn't release until next year! ;)

I'm suprised at all the TPATF votes. \:D/

NateMaxwell
My posts are revolutionary

Post by NateMaxwell »

A christmas Carol. By far. It looks funny and it might just top the Mr.Magoo version.
xiao

Post by xiao »

NateMaxwell wrote:A christmas Carol. By far. It looks funny and it might just top the Mr.Magoo version.
Image ImageImage

Will someone please tell me what the deal is with all the blue-tinted posters starring Jim Carrey with a nose and chin edited to be more beak-like curling over a circular background??

WHY!??!!?
Ben Linus
I've been working out

Post by Ben Linus »

Because he's Jim Carrey, he's creeping in and of himself. He's going to rule the world, you know.
One could do worse than be a swinger of birches
Kairi

Post by Kairi »

I voted for the Princess and the Frog. Disney returns to 2D animation.
*CAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW*
Iron and Light
Night is Falling
Night is Falling

Post by Iron and Light »

I'll have to check into these to vote for my favorite accurately.

Sadly.. most of the movies I'm looking forward to aren't going to be coming out in 2009 :(. Iron Man 2, Hulk 2, Pirates of the Caribbean 4, National Treasure 3, the fourth unnamed Bourne movie... I have to wait longer than I would like for those :(.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Iron and Light wrote:I'll have to check into these to vote for my favorite accurately.

Sadly.. most of the movies I'm looking forward to aren't going to be coming out in 2009 :(. Iron Man 2, Hulk 2, Pirates of the Caribbean 4, National Treasure 3, the fourth unnamed Bourne movie... I have to wait longer than I would like for those :(.
Release dates:
Iron Man 2: The Rise of the New ToO = May 7, 2010
Hulk 2: Hulk vs. Eugene = I don't think they're making one...
Pirates of the Caribbean 4: Curse of the Black Ninja = 2012
National Treasure 3: Book of Catspaw = 2011
The Bourne ToOer = 2011

;)

Ben Linus
I've been working out

Post by Ben Linus »

American Eagle wrote:
Iron and Light wrote:I'll have to check into these to vote for my favorite accurately.

Release dates:
Iron Man 2: The Rise of the New ToO = May 7, 2010
Hulk 2: Hulk vs. Eugene = I don't think they're making one...
Pirates of the Caribbean 4: Curse of the Black Ninja = 2012
National Treasure 3: Book of Catspaw = 2011
The Bourne ToOer = 2011

;)
Pshhhh :lol: Now THOSE are movies I want to see!
One could do worse than be a swinger of birches
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Yeah... I loved The Incredible Hulk but its unlikely to get a direct sequel. :( Rumors are he might cameo in Iron Man 2 and he is even more likely for Avengers, so yay! \:D/

And... I don't think there are any movies left this year I'm looking forward to... at least, that are on the list... although this is the first I've heard of Jim Carrey in A Christmas Carol.