Touched By An Angel

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!

What do you think of it?

I love it!
36%
It is okay.
18%
I do not like it
36%
What are you talking about?
9%

Total votes: 11

Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Touched By An Angel

Post by Sapphire »

What do you think of the TV series Touched By an Angel?
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I like it...although it really depends on the episode. :) The theology isn't that great most of the time, but it's a pretty clean show for the most part.
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Felicity Blackgaard
I'm not Gabe

Post by Felicity Blackgaard »

It was better than 'Seventh Heaven'.

I loved the spin-off of 'Touched by An Angel', 'Promised Land'.
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

Felicity Blackgaard wrote:It was better than 'Seventh Heaven'.

I will have to watch some of the Promise Land episodes! :D I agree about it being better that 7th Heaven. :yes:
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I never watched it.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Elrohir
I'm memorable

Post by Elrohir »

Felicity Blackgaard wrote:It was better than 'Seventh Heaven'.

I liked Promised Land a lot better than Touched by an Angel. Unfortunately, they don't show re-runs of it in the States.

Touched by an Angel was ok, but it annoys me that the angels don't act anything like real angels. You'll never find an angel telling someone in the Bible, "God loves you!"
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

Laurie wrote:I never watched it.
Too bad. It is a great series.
profg11
29K to go!

Post by profg11 »

i NEVER watch it...
Later,
Jordan

See my new video here:
http://alturl.com/q3zw

Google.com http://alturl.com/m72z

My website:
http://www.jordangreene.us/
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

profg11 wrote:i NEVER watch it...
You can watch re-runs of it on some channels. PM me if you want to know what channels you can watch Touched By An Angel.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

I remember seeing that show when I was like 7. I thought the concept was hilarious then...and I still do.
profg11
29K to go!

Post by profg11 »

Sapphire wrote:
profg11 wrote:i NEVER watch it...
You can watch re-runs of it on some channels. PM me if you want to know what channels you can watch Touched By An Angel.
yeah - i know - it was good and all for like the 1st 2 I watched - then it was all like "NEVER"... :lol: mostly cuz my mom like ALLWAYS watched it and it was one of those things where I would walk in the room and it would be like "awww... you are watching that show again?". I don't know maybe bad memorys of it... I don't know... I only watch one show now - and thats MONK. (season finale this friday)... :boohoo:
Later,
Jordan

See my new video here:
http://alturl.com/q3zw

Google.com http://alturl.com/m72z

My website:
http://www.jordangreene.us/
Abigail
Crazy lil blondie
Crazy lil blondie

Post by Abigail »

*thread merged*

Has anybody here watched it? I love it, it is one of my all time favorites.

One of my fav episodes is "Psalms 151" from season five and it makes me cry every single time. :)

I own the first four season on DVD, can't wait for season five to come out.
^She is back!! In all her glory!^ For real this time! ;)
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

There's going to be another season?!?! Yesh! :D

My mom aquired a box set of season two a bunch of months ago...and I watched nearly episode with her. I did enjoy watching the episodes I saw...and can fake a pretty good Monica voice every once in awhile whenever I feel like delivering profound messages. \:D/

*starts singing with lots of soul* When you walk down the road...heavy burden, heaavy load...
InHisArms
Still standing tall

Post by InHisArms »

I like TBAA pretty well, I haven't watched a lot of episodes but of the ones I've watched some are great and some seemed rather lame. I really love Psalm 151 though, it makes me cry. :mecry:
I didn't know there were new shows still coming out, I thought it was an old so that was over years ago...what do I know? \:D/
The good ol' ToO.
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

I have never watched it before. What's it about though?
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

I have heard the title, but I don't know what it is about. I will look into it, to borrow the colloquialism. It sounds fascinating.
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

InHisArms wrote:I didn't know there were new shows still coming out, I thought it was an old so that was over years ago...what do I know? \:D/
It did end several years ago...but I think they are just now coming out on DVD. :-k
Anna><> wrote:I have never watched it before. What's it about though?
It's about angels (in their human forms) - Monica, the main character, Tess, her supervisor, and Andrew, the angel of death. At least in the earlier seasons....there were new angels introduced in the later seasons. Anyway, Monica has a "case" assigned to her in every episode, and she has to help the humans through whatever the situation is. :)

I like certain episodes I've seen...others not so much. The theology isn't totally great, but I still enjoy the show. :yes:
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
InHisArms
Still standing tall

Post by InHisArms »

Laura Ingalls wrote:
InHisArms wrote:I didn't know there were new shows still coming out, I thought it was an old so that was over years ago...what do I know? \:D/
It did end several years ago...but I think they are just now coming out on DVD. :-k
I googled TBAA and it ran from 1994 to 2003, it looks like 4 of the seasons have been released on DVD, but not the other five, maybe they are coming out on DVD now. \:D/

And I found out that it was filmed in the city where I live, how cool! \:D/
The good ol' ToO.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

I remember watching this show with the family back in the day. \:D/

I always enjoyed the interactions between the angels, particularly between Andrew and Tess. :lol:
Last edited by Trent DeWhite on Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

They run one or two episodes every week night on Hallmark Channel. I've seen bits and pieces of it.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln