The worst AIO episode!

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

The worst AIO episode!

Post by Irwin »

Put your picks here, and I'll put up a poll. Mine is "Blackgaard's Revenge." It totally ruins the Blackgaard saga. :(
Samurai Neil
Popsicle kid

Post by Samurai Neil »

Irwin wrote:Put your picks here, and I'll put up a poll. Mine is "Blackgaard's Revenge." It totally ruins the Blackgaard saga. :(
Amen. Not only does Blackgaard act like an entirely different person, but Whit and Eugene don't come off right either with all their top secret computer stuff.
COMING SOON: RANDOM ECONOMY TEXTBOOK QUOTES
Boswell
Classic

Post by Boswell »

There have certainly been bad episodes over the years, but narrowing it down to "the worst" would be difficult. I'm sure Lights Out At Whit's End will win several votes. I think the worst episode in recent memory is A License to Deprive.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Irwin wrote:Put your picks here, and I'll put up a poll. Mine is "Blackgaard's Revenge." It totally ruins the Blackgaard saga. :(
How? :-k

Instead of a show, how about I just say Wooton episodes? ;) Some of the shows he's in would be better, imho, if his silliness weren't so stupid and distracting. Hence my belief that Wooton didn't need to be in them at all for a compelling show.

If I had to name just one, then "Slumber Party."
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Boswell wrote:I think the worst episode in recent memory is A License to Deprive.
What?! :mad: I really enjoyed that episode. :noway: Most people did seem to like it when it came out - 60% of people rated it 4 or 5 stars. To each their own, I suppose. ;)

And I like Wooton episodes too. :-
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

Post by Irwin »

Boswell wrote:There have certainly been bad episodes over the years, but narrowing it down to "the worst" would be difficult. I'm sure Lights Out At Whit's End will win several votes. I think the worst episode in recent memory is A License to Deprive.
You can list several, I just cab't put up every episode in a poll, I thought we could narrow it down some.
Chandler wrote:
How? :-k

Instead of a show, how about I just say Wooton episodes? ;) Some of the shows he's in would be better, imho, if his silliness weren't so stupid and distracting. Hence my belief that Wooton didn't need to be in them at all for a compelling show.

If I had to name just one, then "Slumber Party."
Blackgaard comes back as a bug in the Imagination Station? They say he planted it while he was in control of Whit's End, but in album 5 he admitted that he was not good with computers.
Laura Ingalls wrote:
Boswell wrote:I think the worst episode in recent memory is A License to Deprive.
What?! :mad: I really enjoyed that episode. :noway: Most people did seem to like it when it came out - 60% of people rated it 4 or 5 stars. To each their own, I suppose. ;)

And I like Wooton episodes too. :-
I liked this episode too, but we seem to have many different thoughts \:D/

So far I'll put up:

Blackgaard's Revenge
Lights Out At Whit's End
A License to Deprive
Wooton episodes
Slumber Party
Boswell
Classic

Post by Boswell »

Irwin wrote:You can list several, I just cab't put up every episode in a poll, I thought we could narrow it down some.
In that case, add The Day Independence Came to Town to the list. :sick:
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Lights Out At Whit's End would've been fine, imo, had they not had that school-house-rock-esque rap at the end. Makes me cringe.

My list would include Blackgaard's Revenge, a good number of the splits, and Fairy Tale-E-Vision.
Over the Rainbow
Blissfully Oblivious

Post by Over the Rainbow »

Tons of split episodes.

What Do You Think?
Idol Minds
Blackgaard's Revenge

:noway:
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Irwin wrote:Blackgaard comes back as a bug in the Imagination Station? They say he planted it while he was in control of Whit's End, but in album 5 he admitted that he was not good with computers.
Eh, that doesn't worry me at all. He was into technology even back then, and "Waylaid in the Windy City," "A Rathbone of Contention," "Double Trouble," and the whole of Darkness before Dawn show that he continued to surround himself with electronics. He could've learned more in the intervening years and he may have had someone help him with the complexities of the virus. So if you want to accept "Blackgaard's Revenge" that part isn't so hard to explain. If you don't want to acknowledge the show exists, that's fine too. You can enjoy all the previous shows without feeling that they were ruined. :yes:
Mrs Jason Whittaker
Classic

Post by Mrs Jason Whittaker »

I think Idol Minds has to be the worst. *shudder*
"Your days, at the most, cannot be long. It would be best to use them for the glory of God and the benefit of your generation."
-William Booth
NateMaxwell
My posts are revolutionary

Post by NateMaxwell »

"heroes"
Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

Post by Irwin »

Boswell wrote:
Irwin wrote:You can list several, I just cab't put up every episode in a poll, I thought we could narrow it down some.
What episode is that? :-s
Jonathan wrote:Lights Out At Whit's End would've been fine, imo, had they not had that school-house-rock-esque rap at the end. Makes me cringe.

My list would include Blackgaard's Revenge, a good number of the splits, and Fairy Tale-E-Vision.
Added
Over the Rainbow wrote:Tons of split episodes.

What Do You Think?
Idol Minds
Blackgaard's Revenge

:noway:
Added
Chandler wrote:
Irwin wrote:Blackgaard comes back as a bug in the Imagination Station? They say he planted it while he was in control of Whit's End, but in album 5 he admitted that he was not good with computers.
Eh, that doesn't worry me at all. He was into technology even back then, and "Waylaid in the Windy City," "A Rathbone of Contention," "Double Trouble," and the whole of Darkness before Dawn show that he continued to surround himself with electronics. He could've learned more in the intervening years and he may have had someone help him with the complexities of the virus. So if you want to accept "Blackgaard's Revenge" that part isn't so hard to explain. If you don't want to acknowledge the show exists, that's fine too. You can enjoy all the previous shows without feeling that they were ruined. :yes:
I've ignored that episode for a while \:D/
NateMaxwell wrote:"heroes"
Added

Blackgaard's Revenge
Lights Out At Whit's End
A License to Deprive
Wooton episodes
Slumber Party
What Do You Think?
Idol Minds
Fairy Tale-E-Vision
Heroes
NateMaxwell
My posts are revolutionary

Post by NateMaxwell »

Also "A class reenactment" bores me to tears.
amyinodyssey
Found

Post by amyinodyssey »

I would have to say ANY episode with the Mulligans. So to narrow it down why don't we say "Viva La Difference". Not only do I dislike the episode but I really don't like the title. Something about it screams Spanish revolution.
Boswell
Classic

Post by Boswell »

Irwin wrote:
Boswell wrote:
That's the one where Dr. James Dobson moves to Odyssey from California, but gets knocked out by a time capsule to the head. In his unconscious state he has a horribly lame dream about the declaration of independence from England of the United States.
Smaug the Dragon
If posts were pigs...

Post by Smaug the Dragon »

Anything with KYDS Radio or BTV. Sadly.
Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

Post by Irwin »

Boswell wrote:
Irwin wrote:
Boswell wrote:
That's the one where Dr. James Dobson moves to Odyssey from California, but gets knocked out by a time capsule to the head. In his unconscious state he has a horribly lame dream about the declaration of independence from England of the United States.
Um...I don't know what to say to that :anxious:

I'll put up a poll tomorrow.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Boswell wrote:
Irwin wrote:
Boswell wrote:
:hilarious:

Canadian. :noway:
Smaug the dragon wrote:Anything with KYDS Radio or BTV. Sadly.
BTV episodes! That would be a good poll option!
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

amyinodyssey wrote:I would have to say ANY episode with the Mulligans. So to narrow it down why don't we say "Viva La Difference". Not only do I dislike the episode but I really don't like the title. Something about it screams Spanish revolution.
I liked the Mulligans. :noway:

Episodes tend to grow on me the more I listen to them... but glancing through a list of all of them, Black Clouds is pretty low on my list, as is The Secret Keys of Discipline.