Calling All Odyssey Impersonators!

This forum is home to games of all various shapes and sizes. Members are welcome to start and participate in contests on this board.
Taq
A great mapmaker

Calling All Odyssey Impersonators!

Post by Taq »

Ever draw comparisons between yourself and an Odyssey character? Here's your opportunity to show us just how similar you are! Entrants will provide us three exhibits with short descriptions of each. An aspiring Bernard might show us a picture of her squeegee. An aspiring Eugene might show us that cool molecular model she built in her room. The focus here is on attributes rather than physical resemblance, though you may include shots of yourself if you'd like. Entries will be judged by Lizzie and Taq based on resemblance and creativity.

How do I enter? PM your entry to Taq. An entry should include 3 original photos, Exhibits A-C, each with a caption and a description of no more than 3 sentences.

What's the deadline? Extended to August 1, 10 PM EDT

What can I win? Your very own copy of AIO Live, the Live Show CD/DVD from the August 2008 Adventures in Odyssey 20th Birthday Bash in Colorado Springs! \:D/

I already own AIO Live. What kind of fan do you think I am!? :x We'd be happy to substitute another readily available AIO product of similar value. :)

What if I'm not allowed to give out my address? :anxious: We'd be happy to give you a gift certificate via email. :)

Sample Exhibits:

Exhibit A: Undelivered Love Letters! Lizzie's secret admirer definitely picked the right way to express his true feelings! As soon as she "found" this floppy disc sitting on her laptop, she knew it must be meant to be!

Exhibit B: Bernard Walton's first squeegee! Long before Bernard Walton came across the perfect self-adjusting squeegee that he currently uses, he contented himself with this rather simplistic one. I'm very grateful to have found this, his very first squeegee!

Exhibit C: Do you have a bucket on your head? I do! Mr. Whittaker, any hints on how to get it off?!?

~*~

Exhibit A: Deoxyriboadenosinemonophosphate. Eugene's chemical curiosity led him to burn through a bathtub. Mine led me to pursue further studies in the field.

Exhibit B: Long Lost Brother from a Foreign Land. Eugene's search for family was rewarded when he was reunited with his African-born brother Everett. God led our family to China where I was united with my Asian-born brother whom we adopted.

Exhibit C: "I need help with my unbelief." Eugene and I have both prayed the Mark 9:24 prayer of the man with the demon-possessed son. We've both gone through seasons of doubt and had God restore our faith.
Last edited by Taq on Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

*thinks of an awesome idea that will take a lot of work*

I'm excited! \:D/
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
Candy
CIA is my friend
CIA is my friend

Post by Candy »

Can I do it for any Odyssey Character? Or just the more popular ones?
I'd rather live as if there were a God, and found out there isn't, then to live as if there weren't a God, and find out there is.
Image Image
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

Candy wrote:Can I do it for any Odyssey Character? Or just the more popular ones?
Any Odyssey Character :)
Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

Post by Irwin »

I should make an Irwin Springer mask. \:D/
Jugglah
I'm memorable

Post by Jugglah »

Irwin Springer from Odyss wrote:I should make an Irwin Springer mask. \:D/
Eh, just spike your hair up in the front, and you'll be good to go. Or develop a horrendous cowlick overnight. :-k
KING BUTTER TURTLE IS MY TWIN!
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

Wow! What an awesome idea! \:D/
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
JesusIsAlive
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)

Post by JesusIsAlive »

Awh, I wish I could enter, but I won't be back home until after the deadline, methinks. I may be able to find time to get a few pictures, though. This contest looks like a blast! \:D/
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Lol. I had something perfect to do, then saw the "three exhibits". Now I've just gotta think of a third... :-k
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

Can it be? The deadline is just 1 week away. :o

Oh, special thanks to Irwin for making this signature. :)

Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

Post by Irwin »

Taq wrote:Can it be? The deadline is just 1 week away. :o

Oh, special thanks to Irwin for making this signature. :)

I did? :inlove:
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

If I ddn't already own AIO Live then I would enter. Who ever wins will really enjoy it.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Tim Peterson
Pilgrim

Post by Tim Peterson »

Regis Blackbeard wrote:If I ddn't already own AIO Live then I would enter. Who ever wins will really enjoy it.
Taq wrote:I already own AIO Live. What kind of fan do you think I am!? :x We'd be happy to substitute another readily available AIO product of similar value. :)
:-
Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

Post by Irwin »

Tim Peterson wrote:
Regis Blackbeard wrote:If I ddn't already own AIO Live then I would enter. Who ever wins will really enjoy it.
Taq wrote:I already own AIO Live. What kind of fan do you think I am!? :x We'd be happy to substitute another readily available AIO product of similar value. :)
Hooray, someone posts what everyone is thinking. \:D/
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

Irwin wrote:
Tim Peterson wrote:
Hooray, someone posts what everyone is thinking. \:D/
I am saving my time and energy for ToO Spirit Week. :D

Besides, I have a friend who worked at a radio station who gave me everything up through album 50 and have the means to get everything else without paying.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

Regis Blackbeard wrote:Besides, I have a friend who worked at a radio station who gave me everything up through album 50 and have the means to get everything else without paying.
Wow, nice! You could still enter just for fun and denounce your prize! \:D/

I'm still loving my idea, but unfortunately, that deadline is sneaking up on me rather quickly. I have one done and I can probably get the second done next week (if I survive band camp), but the third is going to take a lot of work, so it might have to be changed. :sad:

I'm really looking forward to seeing what people come up with!
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

I would like to add that there will be something about this prize that you will not be able to get if you get the item through other means. :-
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Your autograph?! :pray:
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

LizzieG wrote:I would like to add that there will be something about this prize that you will not be able to get if you get the item through other means. :-
Indeed, Lizzie and I have been excited about this aspect of the prize for quite some time. :-
Trent DeWhite wrote:Your autograph?! :pray:
Something in addition to Lizzie's autograph, of course. ;)
Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

Post by Irwin »

Taq wrote:
LizzieG wrote:I would like to add that there will be something about this prize that you will not be able to get if you get the item through other means. :-
Indeed, Lizzie and I have been excited about this aspect of the prize for quite some time. :-
Trent DeWhite wrote:Your autograph?! :pray:
Something in addition to Lizzie's autograph, of course. ;)
You'll sneak into AIO's studio and sell us a bootleg tape of "The Inspiration Station" \:D/