Ask the American Eagle!

Ask for wisdom, for peace, for honor. Or... just ask for craziness!

The place for all those "Questions for this fascinating user" threads so they're all in one place!
Joanne
Happy Flower
Happy Flower

Post by Joanne »

Man someone needs to stop letting you be mod! tsk tsk. :D
~*~StrongNChrist, November 22, 1991- March, 25th, 2011~*~
Joy
Lucid and deductive

Post by Joy »

American Eagle wrote:
Joanne wrote:How many terms have you been a mod? I feel like you have been the whole time I have been here. I'm probably wrong though...
You aren't wrong. \:D/

Term 16: Mod
Term 17: Admin
Term 18: Mod
Term 19: Mod
Term 20: Mod
AE NEEDS TO GET OUT OF POWER! DOWN WITH AE! DOWN WITH AE! :x
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Regisville wrote:
American Eagle wrote:
Joanne wrote:How many terms have you been a mod? I feel like you have been the whole time I have been here. I'm probably wrong though...
You aren't wrong. \:D/

Term 16: Mod
Term 17: Admin
Term 18: Mod
Term 19: Mod
Term 20: Mod
AE NEEDS TO GET OUT OF POWER! DOWN WITH AE! DOWN WITH AE! :x
If you take me down, Catspaw will fall with me! :x
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Have AE and Top in power and the town will florish! \:D/
Joanne
Happy Flower
Happy Flower

Post by Joanne »

The Top Crusader wrote:Have AE and Top in power and the town will florish! \:D/
Why didn't you run? :x

AE what is the longest line of carts you have pushed?
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Joanne wrote:

AE what is the longest line of carts you have pushed?
Because AE didn't ask me to. :-

Plus I like Team Sherwood and am happy for them to have a chance at running things. \:D/
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

The Top Crusader wrote:
Joanne wrote:
Because AE didn't ask me to. :-

Plus I like Team Sherwood and am happy for them to have a chance at running things. \:D/
Agreed! Why spend hours and hours running this town when Sherwood will do it for us?
Joanne wrote:AE what is the longest line of carts you have pushed?
They only want us to bring in 10 at a time, but I've done 15 on many occasions. However, I once pushed 45 carts for a few feet. \:D/

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Sunshine
Smile for the camera

Post by Sunshine »

How did you choose the username "American Eagle"?
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

Why don't you like handguns?
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

I tried to convince Monty not to choose you for the mod team... But he thought you and Laura would make good mods and you have lots of experience. So don't complain to me about how long you've been in power.. :noway: Besides, we all know that you're the real show behind this board! If you weren't here, there wouldn't be anybody to push the proverbial carts of ToO politics away into their proper place!
Jesus' Princess wrote:Why don't you like handguns?
I wondered that as well.
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

It's good to know that at least Monty believes in me, WW. :x
Sunshine wrote:How did you choose the username "American Eagle"?
I have answered that question too many times already. ;) Several years ago, I created an account on Wikipedia with the name "America Needs Jesus". Some the users there didn't like such a religous username, so they asked me to change it. I wanted something with "America" in it, and "American Eagle" was the second thing which came to mind (I thought of "American Patriot", but I didn't go with that). Now I use American Eagle almost everywhere. It turned out to be one of the most influencial decisions of my life. :P

Story time.

I don't believe I ever said I don't like handguns, but I felt the class was a waste of time because I cannot ever see myself carrying or using one. The class and range practice cost $100, and the only reason I attended was because my dad wanted me to. Thankfully, the didn't let anyone under 21 use the range, so I only had to pay $15. \:D/

Now, I don't ever want a handgun for three reasons. First, that type of thing (hunting, shooting, military, etc.) has never interested me.

Secondly, a few weeks back, a fairly distant friend of mine was talking about carrying a gun as soon as he turns 21. "When I'm old enough, I'm going to wear a gun everywhere," he said, "so everyone will be too afraid to bother me." I am completely different than that. One of my life goals is to be as approachable as possible! I want everyone to know that they can come to me for any reason, especially kids. When I was young, I feared people with guns and always avoided them. I hope nobody ever feels that way about me.

Lastly, even if I owned a gun, it's hard for me to imagine a scenario where I'd use it. Would I kill another person? Not in most cases. If given a choice between killing an intruder and bring killed, I would allow him to kill me, because I don't know where he's going after death! Now, if I somehow had the choice between killing an intruder and having him murder one of my sisters, I would naturally do everything in my power to protect my sibling's life. So... I'll trust God and pray that such a day never comes.

Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

American Eagle wrote:
Story time.

I don't believe I ever said I don't like handguns, but I felt the class was a waste of time because I cannot ever see myself carrying or using one. The class and range practice cost $100, and the only reason I attended was because my dad wanted me to. Thankfully, the didn't let anyone under 21 use the range, so I only had to pay $15. \:D/

Now, I don't ever want a handgun for three reasons. First, that type of thing (hunting, shooting, military, etc.) has never interested me.

Secondly, a few weeks back, a fairly distant friend of mine was talking about carrying a gun as soon as he turns 21. "When I'm old enough, I'm going to wear a gun everywhere," he said, "so everyone will be too afraid to bother me." I am completely different than that. One of my life goals is to be as approachable as possible! I want everyone to know that they can come to me for any reason, especially kids. When I was young, I feared people with guns and always avoided them. I hope nobody ever feels that way about me.

Lastly, even if I owned a gun, it's hard for me to imagine a scenario where I'd use it. Would I kill another person? Not in most cases. If given a choice between killing an intruder and bring killed, I would allow him to kill me, because I don't know where he's going after death! Now, if I somehow had the choice between killing an intruder and having him murder one of my sisters, I would naturally do everything in my power to protect my sibling's life. So... I'll trust God and pray that such a day never comes.
I see your logic there, although owning a gun and knowing how to operate it is a good skill to have, I'm not particularly interested in hunting/shooting/etc.. but my dad has made sure that my siblings and I all know how to use a gun, in case we have to. Although a big part of that is living where we do, so yeah.

hmm. a question, how are you liking your phone? \:D/
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Jesus' Princess wrote:I see your logic there, although owning a gun and knowing how to operate it is a good skill to have,
Sure, and I'm glad I have a general understanding of them.
Jesus' Princess wrote:hmm. a question, how are you liking your phone? \:D/
It's great for on-the-go web browsing and keeping in touch with people! It has taken the place of my old calculator, watch, alarm clock, flip-phone, camera and mp3 player. I have all those things in one small device. \:D/

Joanne
Happy Flower
Happy Flower

Post by Joanne »

American Eagle wrote:
Jesus' Princess wrote:hmm. a question, how are you liking your phone? \:D/
It's great for on-the-go web browsing and keeping in touch with people! It has taken the place of my old calculator, watch, alarm clock, flip-phone, camera and mp3 player. I have all those things in one small device. \:D/
Do you pay an arm and a leg for data? :anxious:
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Joanne wrote:Do you pay an arm and a leg for data? :anxious:
I'm careful to always use wifi if it's available, so I'm on track to pay about $5 for my data this month.

Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

American Eagle wrote:
I'm careful to always use wifi if it's available, so I'm on track to pay about $5 for my data this month.
So theres no minimum fee you have to pay for data? it's more buy it as you use it? For iPhones you have to buy 1GB of data per month, no matter if you use it or not. So it's a minimum fee of $30 per month...
Joanne
Happy Flower
Happy Flower

Post by Joanne »

American Eagle wrote:
Wow that's a lot better than I thought! \:D/ Alas my parents would never allow me to have data... and I'm still working on the getting a phone part. :(
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Alas, Jo. :(
Jesus' Princess wrote:
American Eagle wrote:
So theres no minimum fee you have to pay for data? it's more buy it as you use it? For iPhones you have to buy 1GB of data per month, no matter if you use it or not. So it's a minimum fee of $30 per month...
If I understand the GoPhone's data plan, you have to buy a minimum of $5 per month, or else you won't have any data. ;) It's pretty straightforward.
Last edited by American Eagle on Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Well that's still way better than my moms plan!
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Jesus' Princess wrote:Well that's still way better than my moms plan!
I'm sure your mom is able to use her phone a lot more, though. :P
Last edited by American Eagle on Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.