Ask the American Eagle!

Ask for wisdom, for peace, for honor. Or... just ask for craziness!

The place for all those "Questions for this fascinating user" threads so they're all in one place!
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

KODY 105 :hug: Great to hear from you again.

No, I don't frequent the chat - maybe once a year for a special event going on.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

Your signature currently describes you as a law student. Do you know what type of law you wish to pursue? Is that something a student can decide?

2. What era of AIO is your favorite, and why?
3. What era of AIO do you care about the least, and why?
4. Favorite kind of snack/candy?
5. A train leaves the station heading east at 50mph, approaching another train who leaves a station heading west at 28.88 mph. They started 150km apart. Assuming an easterly wind of 3mph, at what mile distance from the west origin point will the trains collide?
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

1. I'm actually no longer a law student. Graduated from law school, took the bar exam, waiting on results, hoping to be a licensed attorney in a few weeks. I presently work for a law firm that does about everything, so the type of law I will ultimately practice is still up in the air. I'm flexible.

2. For me, the Novacom saga was the pinnacle of AIO. It had everything, and I've listened to every episode so many times. As an alternative, I deeply love the Barclay era; Aloha Oy, Christmas episodes, Pokenberry Falls, roadtrip to Florida. :inlove:

3. Honestly, everything after Album 50. The reset with Andre Stojka as Whit and the introduction of the Parkers just started to lose me. I was also 16-years-old when it released, and I was starting to age out of wonder and excitement. ( :( ) I liked bits and pieces thereafter, but the show gradually lost me, and I stopped listening. I don't think the show got objectively worse, but I got subjectively less interested.

4. Nachos and/or Reeses.

5. I have no idea. This isn't the kind of thing my brain can compute, assuming it can be solved. The wind seems like a red herring because we already know the speed of the trains. I also don't know how to convert miles to kilometers, which is sad (I failed to really learn the metric system).

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

have you ever been out of the U.S.? is amsterdam on your list of places to visit? \:D/
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

No, I've had a passport for 4 years but haven't left. :(

Low key though, I genuinely spent time browsing Google Maps' street view of Amsterdam because I want to visit. Would be great!

Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

you should! although i fully realize that it's a privilege to afford being able to travel overseas, and that it's often cheaper to fly around within Europe, but it's definitely worth it if you ever get the chance. you should check out jack's flight club, that's how i found tickets for around $250 to go to toronto from amsterdam, and i booked a flight for easter to DC for around the same price actually \:D/

and if you come to Amsterdam i'll show you around ;)

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Sounds good. \:D/

Kaida
Whale you be my friend?

Post by Kaida »

Are you an overthinker?
I like chocolate milk. - Cheese
#ForeverKitty
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Sometimes. I'm a very analytical person and like to make sense of things - perhaps to a fault at times.

KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

What's cooking back at the homestead?
Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
How did you get to where you are now?
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Hi, K1!

I'm not sure how to answer the first question because I'm not sure whether to answer it literally. But I'll assume it's really about food. And to that, I'll say that nothing is cooking. :anxious: I don't really enjoy cooking so I see it as a chore. But I've been trying to learn and have some decent recipes always at the ready. Stir fry, cheesy potato bake, chicken quesadillas, that sort of thing. Going okay so far.

In five years, I think I see myself still working my present job (perhaps moved up slightly, but no big moves). I hope to be a homeowner and be established in a community where I can get to know neighbors and be part of local events. I also hope to be married and maybe have a kid by that point. :inlove: But that may be wishful thinking.

Getting to where I am now has been a bit of a whirlwind. Over the last ten years, I was part of four schools, worked seven jobs, and lived in eight places. Met a lot of people who influenced and pushed me. Been blessed and lucky at times.

KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

I did mean the cooking question aliterally. But because I am such a literal person, it makes me happy to know that you chose to answer it literally!

I am glad you still visit here on occasion. Four schools? Would you consider that normal? (Perhaps you merely mean like middle school, high school and a few colleges as your budget/program developed). Seven jobs? Whew, I haven't even had that many in the past 10 years.

I forget, are you licensed at your state bar already?
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Haha cool, I'm a pretty literal person too.

Four schools includes my homeschool (not a school??), community college, undergraduate school, then law school. And yes, finally got licensed a few months back.

Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

hi ae,

who is the hottest member of the toO?
he/him | a little stinker.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Are you the guy on the Legal Eagle Youtube channel?
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

Can you share what specialty of law you focus on, if any? You might have said this already, but this would be for the record.

Do you consider Foggy from Daredevil (2015) to be a role model? Do you have a blind law partner? (Or are you blind?)

Do you find yourself thinking about your job outside of work hours?
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Steve wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 12:28 am hi ae,

Hi Steve. The answer is probably whoever lives closest to the equator. Definitely not me.
The Top Crusader wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 5:52 am Are you the guy on the Legal Eagle Youtube channel?
Ha, no, but I recommend him. There are some "celebrity attorneys" out there that spread laughable legal garbage, but he seems credible.
KODY 105 wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 6:45 amCan you share what specialty of law you focus on, if any? You might have said this already, but this would be for the record.

Do you consider Foggy from Daredevil (2015) to be a role model? Do you have a blind law partner? (Or are you blind?)

Do you find yourself thinking about your job outside of work hours?
I work with banks and credit unions and help them with the legal side of lending money.

I haven't watched any Daredevel movies or shows, so I'm not familiar with its characters. I don't have a blind law partner, but I have worked for a blind attorney before. He had an incredibly impressive memory. He would listen to entire statutes, memorize them, and be able to quote them in court at a moment's notice. I'm not blind, personally.

Mmmm, I do sometimes think about work during non-work hours, often because keeping up with work email is a 24/7 job. But I think about non-work things during work hours, too, so I guess it balances out.

Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

hi ae,

if you had to face one deceased us president (we're pretending they're alive for this question) in hand-to-hand combat, who do you think you could take down? personally, i would face william henry harrison because he was too dumb to wear a coat in january, so he will probably not be thinking ahead enough to be good at fighting.
he/him | a little stinker.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Steve wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 11:25 pm hi ae,

if you had to face one deceased us president (we're pretending they're alive for this question) in hand-to-hand combat, who do you think you could take down? personally, i would face william henry harrison because he was too dumb to wear a coat in january, so he will probably not be thinking ahead enough to be good at fighting.
Wow, hi Steve. Been a while.

If you're going to take out Harrison, I'll go for John Tyler. I'm not a hand-to-hand combat person, but I know Tyler to be a Confederate type of guy, so that might give me enough adrenaline to prevail for the good of the country haha.

Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

American Eagle wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 9:13 pm
Steve wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 12:28 am hi ae,

Hi Steve. The answer is probably whoever lives closest to the equator. Definitely not me.
i just wanna say that when i lived in ghana i was probably the closest ToOer to the equator, so...