Spirit Blade

Here's the place for discussing music, plays, YouTube videos, and any other media that doesn't quite fit in the other sections of Harlequin Theatre.
Samurai Neil
Popsicle kid

Spirit Blade

Post by Samurai Neil »

http://www.spiritblade.net/

So, what does y'all think?

"SPIRIT BLADE is a full-cast Audio Drama that uses cinematic sound design, a pulse pounding electronic score, and dynamic acting and musical performances to draw listeners into another world: A future where the government determines the spiritual beliefs of its citizens, and only a few rebellious "Seekers of Truth" remain to free the world from deception.

Follow the story of Merikk VennDarius, as he looks for meaning on a path that leads him across our world, and into another. Against his will, Merikk is thrown into action alongside members of the Underground Liberation. His quest for the truth brings him face to face with forces human, alien and demonic. With the help of his strangely gifted companions, and his own newly discovered supernatural abilities, Merikk watches a mystery unravel. And somewhere amidst the magic, technology, broadswords and cyborgs, he finds his answers.

What is truth? Who is really in control of this world? What is...the Spirit Blade? Come along for a wild journey and find out for yourself!

"Spirit Blade" is designed to appeal to fans of science fiction, fantasy and big action films. It is a dark and edgy story with songs and a soundtrack that fans of electronic music will gravitate toward."
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

"This web site contains audio sequences of intense violence that may not be suitable for listeners under the age of 13."

:shame:

\:D/
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Samurai Neil
Popsicle kid

Post by Samurai Neil »

American Eagle wrote:"This web site contains audio sequences of intense violence that may not be suitable for listeners under the age of 13."

I would say more around ten. After all, "Kids aren't bothered by violence any more Mr. Whitaker."
COMING SOON: RANDOM ECONOMY TEXTBOOK QUOTES
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Samurai Neil wrote:
American Eagle wrote:"This web site contains audio sequences of intense violence that may not be suitable for listeners under the age of 13."

I would say more around ten. After all, "Kids aren't bothered by violence any more Mr. Whitaker."
Yeah. That's an interesting topic. Like the Novacom series, with a lot of the episodes saying it's for an older audience, I liked how they say, "And we encourage families to listen together." Because, I'm glad AIO isn't like Carebear Heaven where nothing goes wrong and nothing's ever scary. I'm opposed to 'horror', per se, but there should be real-life things in the episodes that teach you things (like the powers of darkness, cheating on tests, sinister "take over the world" people, etc.), not just show you a perfect town. And it's best when little kids listen with parents. \:D/

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Samurai Neil
Popsicle kid

Post by Samurai Neil »

American Eagle wrote:
Samurai Neil wrote:

Yeah. That's an interesting topic. Like the Novacom series, with a lot of the episodes saying it's for an older audience, I liked how they say, "And we encourage families to listen together." Because, I'm glad AIO isn't like Carebear Heaven where nothing goes wrong and nothing's ever scary. I'm opposed to 'horror', per se, but there should be real-life things in the episodes that teach you things (like the powers of darkness, cheating on tests, sinister "take over the world" people, etc.), not just show you a perfect town. And it's best when little kids listen with parents. \:D/
You're totally right. I would have to say that this is a audio drama for an older, more mature audience. I was actually being kind of Sarcastic back there, because I really feel that children and people in general should be much more sensitive to violence than we are. So, I would say that the Thirteen and up warning is justified, but I still highly recommend this drama. It raises very important questions about tolerance, right and wrong, Etc. It also answers the questions, which is a plus too. :D
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Samurai Neil wrote:
American Eagle wrote:
Samurai Neil wrote:

You're totally right. I would have to say that this is a audio drama for an older, more mature audience. I was actually being kind of Sarcastic back there, because I really feel that children and people in general should be much more sensitive to violence than we are. So, I would say that the Thirteen and up warning is justified, but I still highly recommend this drama. It raises very important questions about tolerance, right and wrong, Etc. It also answers the questions, which is a plus too. :D
Yeah, judging from the clips that play as you enter the site, it does sound pretty mature. \:D/ I'm not into fantasy drama very much; LOTR is as far as I go. :) But the audio drama does sound pretty good.

Samurai Neil
Popsicle kid

Post by Samurai Neil »

American Eagle wrote:
Samurai Neil wrote:
American Eagle wrote:
Samurai Neil wrote:

Yeah, judging from the clips that play as you enter the site, it does sound pretty mature. \:D/ I'm not into fantasy drama very much; LOTR is as far as I go. :) But the audio drama does sound pretty good.
I would call it a sci/fi really, but it is advertised as a fantasy.