Fantanbulous Four

Otherwise know as Fantastic Four - Thoughts on the movie?

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Fantanbulous Four

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

I personally loved it! It was much funnier than Batman and actually had some romance! I loved the way all the characters interacted, it was like a family of four. Mr. Fantasic is the dad, The Invisible Girl is the mom, The Thing is older brother, and The Human Torch is the younger brother. It's just a really great movie. Funny, entertaining...

Anyone else seen it or want to see it?
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

I haven't seen it. Is it called Fantastic Four?
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

Yes, it's called Fantastic Four.
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I saw it, and it was pretty much what I expected! :D I knew it wouldn't be quite up to par with the Spider-man or X-Men movies, but it was really enjoyable. Definitely made to be more of a family movie than the other comic movies coming out these days. It had it's flaws but overall I was pleased. Hopefully the sequel will patch up any problems...

**SPOILERS**

The set up to Dr. Doom's Latverian roots was pretty cool, even though they kinda messed up his origin.
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

LovedbyGod wrote:Yes, it's called Fantastic Four.
Okay!
MDB17
Lucid and deductive

Post by MDB17 »

I saw it today and i loved it. it was so funny. i don't if i would say that it was better then Batman. but it was better then spider man i my oppion
Larry The Pickle
If posts were pigs...
Location: An uncharted Island, thought to exist only in myth.

Post by Larry The Pickle »

LovedbyGod wrote:I personally loved it! It was much funnier than Batman...
wa-hoe-ah-wee there! Batman wasn't supposed to be funny! If it was funny, it wouldn't be Batman! It was by far the BEST Batman film because it was the darkest, most gothic.... batmany Batman yet.

But I'm glad the Fantabulous 4our was humorous.
Evolution is a faith, not a science!
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

ooooh K...well it was far more entertaining then. Like someone else said in a Batman thread on the Cabana, Batman's drama seemed forced.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

MDB17 wrote:I saw it today and i loved it. it was so funny. i don't if i would say that it was better then Batman. but it was better then spider man i my oppion
BETTER THAN SPIDERMAN!?!?!
StarWarsfan
Processing

Post by StarWarsfan »

Havn't seen it don'tplan to
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Thank you for your heartfelt insight, all the same.
Shad Lexer
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Shad Lexer »

I heard it wasn't that good from some people, and that it was great from others. I'll watch it when it comes out on video.
Ruthie
de lah rutheh rank
de lah rutheh rank

Post by Ruthie »

I want to see it....it looks cool.
katrinameltzner
I've been here a bit

Post by katrinameltzner »

I went and saw it Saturday. It was really great. We have a new movie theatre in the town where I live, and that was the first movie I saw in it.

It was a great funny movie. I enjoyed it a lot and am looking forward to the sequel.

My fav character was the Human Torch. He was just too cute!
Intentions are good;
Committment is necessary;
But in order to move forward,
Actions are required.
dancer02248
I've been working out

Post by dancer02248 »

i agree...he was really cute

anyway...i jsut saw it. it was pretty good. other than the fact that I kinda missed some of the beginning cause my friends and i were talking and laughing. but it was a very funny movie!!
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

I didn't like the Human Torch or Johnny whats-his-name. His character felt too forced, like he was supposed to be the heart-throb. Guys with that attitude/personality in real life totally turn me off. Anyway...I liked The THING. He was cute...in an older, bigger guy sort of way.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

The Thing has always been by far my favorite of the Fantastic Four, and they did an excellent job of portraying his personality in the film... Johnny isn't so much a jerky showy guy in the comics, he kind of is, but they made it a lot moreso in the movie.
David O
I'm memorable

Post by David O »

I was a faithful watcher of the Fantastic Four back when it was on the Cartoon Network (Not Boomerang mind you, just plain old CN.) I intend to see this movie when it comes out on DVD if someone doesn't drag me to a theater to see it. I am glad to hear that you all think so highly of it! I was worried that it might be dissppointing. Say, were the special effects up to par? How do they compare with say, Spiderman 2?
Not dead yet.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

The effects were top of the line, except some of Mr. Fantastic's stretching looked a bit weird... but I guess that's something that is just hard to translate to a "real life" appearance.

There were a few rocky scripting things and stuff that seemed dumb or out of character (Doom is WAY out of character), which are my only gripes with the film. It was still good, though.
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

Looks interesting.
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny