The Screwtape Letters

Focus on the Family Radio Theatre Presents

Here's the place for discussing music, plays, YouTube videos, and any other media that doesn't quite fit in the other sections of Harlequin Theatre.
Boswell
Classic

The Screwtape Letters

Post by Boswell »

Pre-orders are now open at various sites for the Focus on the Family Radio Theatre dramatization of The Screwtape Letters, for the price of about one-and-a-half Odyssey albums. Looks like it'll be shipping out this October. You can search your online retailer of choice with these ISBNs:

ISBN-10: 1589973240
ISBN-13: 978-1589973244
The Artful Dodger
Still standing tall

Post by The Artful Dodger »

Here's a pretty cool sneak peek:

http://chriskou.com/2009/05/22/the-scre ... dio-drama/

Just scroll down a bit on the page and it's there. It's about 7 1/2 minutes long. Looks really good!

And thank you, Boswell, for alerting us :D

Didn't we have some fun, though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said, 'goodbye.' And you were like, 'no, wait.' And then I was all, 'we pretended we were going to murder you.' That was great...
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Why didn't we know about this sneak peek earlier? :mad:

Great find, Artful Dodger!

EDIT: Philip Glassborrow was the casting director?!
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

I found that link a couple days ago, but didn't realize it was a video, not audio, sneak peek!

Very nice!
The Artful Dodger
Still standing tall

Post by The Artful Dodger »

I just googled it :anxious:

Didn't we have some fun, though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said, 'goodbye.' And you were like, 'no, wait.' And then I was all, 'we pretended we were going to murder you.' That was great...
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

The Artful Dodger wrote:I just googled it :anxious:
Well, good job with that search, Dodge! I enjoyed the clip. :)
H Tide
Sing in the sunshine

Post by H Tide »

Looks like the vid has been taken down cause of clearance issues, but hopefully it'll be back up soon!
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Heh wow, Andy Serkis! I'm liking the cast and crew. It looks good!
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

What do you guys think of the cover? \:D/

I'm loving the fact they're going to be including a DVD behind-the-scenes documentary.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Whoa, a bonus DVD with behind the scenes stuff sounds very cool! :D That's a great additional reason to buy what I'm sure will be a fantastic production! \:D/ The cover looks pretty neat.
carjoy
I'm fifteen, mom!

Post by carjoy »

Awesome i want them now!!! =]
God Bless,
^^
\/
carissa yoder!
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

What are The Screwtape Letters? :anxious:
Jugglah
I'm memorable

Post by Jugglah »

Amethystic wrote:What are The Screwtape Letters? :anxious:
Ok, go to the library and look up "The Screwtape Letters" by C.S. Lewis. Do this as soon as you can - definitely before you listen to the audio drama. That book will change your life forever. And I'm not exaggerating.
KING BUTTER TURTLE IS MY TWIN!
Jacob Isom
I'm not Gabe

Post by Jacob Isom »

So has anyone preordered the release yet? I did last week and I was shocked by how pricey it was... but then again, we're getting a behind-the-scenes DVD with it.
"Providing the Scoop on Adventures in Odyssey, one cone at a time."
http://www.odysseyscoop.com | Personal Site: http://www.jacobisom.org
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

I'm waiting until it's actually available before ordering. You're not kidding about the price - not the greatest deal in the world.

But hey, it's Focus and I don't mind paying a little extra if it means they'll continue doing more radio theatre projects. ;)
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Jugglah
I'm memorable

Post by Jugglah »

Jacob Isom wrote:So has anyone preordered the release yet? I did last week and I was shocked by how pricey it was... but then again, we're getting a behind-the-scenes DVD with it.
And you know, if you don't have to have it right when it comes out, you can wait until the price falls ridiculously low. Remember the "Chronicles of Narnia"? They were probably $100 when they came out as a set, and after a while, they dropped to $50 (that's when I got them), and now they're about $20, and I feel really stupid for having bought them when they were expensive. So, while I know I'm not patient enough to wait, I bet that in a year or so, "Screwtape" will be down to maybe $15. I could be wrong, but that seems to be the way they do things.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Haha, I remember seeing the Chronicles of Narnia set being sold for around $75 CAN and thinking it was such a great deal. I ultimately ended up picking up the set when it went on sale for $25 CAN. \:D/

Keep in mind, of course, that I bought the set at least 2-3 years after it was originally released. Because The Screwtape Letters will probably be one of the more popular radio adaptions Focus has released, my guess is the price won't be dropping anytime soon. And $26 US / $30 CAN isn't that bad a price. ;)
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I'm waiting for it to appear in stores. I NEVER pre order anything from FOTF. They are beyond slow and if you pre order it will be in the stores l-o-n-g before you get it in the mail.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Jugglah
I'm memorable

Post by Jugglah »

Laurie wrote:I'm waiting for it to appear in stores. I NEVER pre order anything from FOTF. They are beyond slow and if you pre order it will be in the stores l-o-n-g before you get it in the mail.
Agreed. And isn't it funny how they say "preferred donation" instead of telling you how much it costs? I wish I could say, "Well, my preferred donation is about $5 because I have no money, so I'll send that, and you send the album, and everybody's happy." :D
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Jugglah wrote:
Laurie wrote:I'm waiting for it to appear in stores. I NEVER pre order anything from FOTF. They are beyond slow and if you pre order it will be in the stores l-o-n-g before you get it in the mail.
Agreed. And isn't it funny how they say "preferred donation" instead of telling you how much it costs? I wish I could say, "Well, my preferred donation is about $5 because I have no money, so I'll send that, and you send the album, and everybody's happy." :D
Yep. They are always hoping that you'll give them more than the preferred donation. IMHO, it's just better to wait and buy it in the stores. FCS is not very fast either but they are faster than FOTF by a very wide mile.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln